Geoffrey

Re: never-ending gallery

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:02 am

"she said: 'my body is the light, my body is the way' "
exceptional.jpg
LisaLCFan

Re: never-ending agony

Post by LisaLCFan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:51 pm

Geoffrey, the ludicrous shoes you've drawn on your female figure make me cringe. It is incomprehensible to me that anybody (the wearer or the observer) is actually attracted to something that causes physical deformity and crippling leg, feet, hip, and back problems. And, shame on manufacturers for perpetuating these instruments of torture.

The fact that women actually put these ridiculous things on their feet is a painful reminder that one simply cannot underestimate how remarkably stupid people can be. It does make it very hard to live in this world, sometimes, when I am surrounded by so many bloody morons.

Have a nice day!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>Geoffrey, the ludicrous shoes you've drawn on your female figure make me cringe. It is incomprehensible to me that anybody (the wearer or the observer) is actually attracted to something that causes physical deformity and crippling leg, feet, hip, and back problems. And, shame on manufacturers for perpetuating these instruments of torture.
>
>The fact that women actually put these ridiculous things on their feet is a painful reminder that one simply cannot underestimate how remarkably stupid people can be. It does make it very hard to live in this world, sometimes, when I am surrounded by so many bloody morons.
>
>Have a nice day!

shoes with stiletto heels and pointed toes are considered sexy, and woman's primitive instinct is to hook a man or else be left 'on the shelf', as it were. yet this will not be news to you, as you have certainly read desmond morris' 'human zoo' or 'naked ape' in which courtship rituals and body language are examined. we live in a world of foot binding, lip plates, giraffe neck-rings, african earlobe stretching, body piercing and tattoos - so there is much to frown upon. manufacturers will make anything if there is a market for it, such is business. to live harmoniously in a society, with its racial, sexual and religious challenges often requires a jolly good helping of tolerance and mental adjustment, especially when it goes against common sense. i agree with you, being surrounded by morons is a frustrating situation - but unfortunately there are so very many of them.

i took quite recently these two photographs below while at a shopping centre, because they seemed to exactly express the kind of 'ludicrousness' of which you now speak.

thank you for commenting. it is evening here, the day is over - but i can have a nice day tomorrow :-)
shoe 1.jpg
shoe 2.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:16 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 pm
...shoes with stiletto heels and pointed toes are considered sexy...

By whom? Not by everyone, I can assure you -- I think they look stupid, and thus I am proof that it is not a universal rule, and logic dictates that it only takes one exception. I like to think that there must be more people who share my perceptions in this matter (in fact, I have met a few) -- I am not the only person in the world who is not a mindless idiot doing what "society" supposedly dictates. Bear in mind that "society" doesn't exist -- just powerful minorities and/or gullible and mindless majorities -- there are always exceptions to what "society" thinks, such as people like me who are very capable of thinking for themselves.

Geoffrey wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:12 pm
...woman's primitive instinct is to hook a man or else be left 'on the shelf', as it were...

Some women have evolved more than others, as have some men, in fact, some men are actually attracted to a woman's personality and intellect, regardless of what she looks like or wears! I know you won't believe that, but I assure you that it is true! I am most certainly not "primitive" (and neither are several of the people I have been fortunate to know), and thus I am well able to resist any residual instincts to which lesser-evolved people may succumb. Besides, to use "primitive instincts" is a poor excuse for stupid behaviour, the latter of which is often little more than feeble-mindedness and/or a lack of will-power. People who write books supposedly justifying the ignorance of others by making broad (and often false) generalisations about people are as bad as the morons they try to explain. Such trashy pop-psychology garbage does not apply to me and I do not waste my time reading it.

Good night!
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:24 am

well, lisa, unfortunately there does exist a number of people with negative energy, people eager to complain about how wrong things are. indeed, i myself have 'stayed a little while in that army', if i may paraphrase a line from one of leonard's songs.

instead of recognising someone's positive attributes it has been far too irresistible for me to completely negate their achievements by focusing upon their shortcomings. except for any perfect people among us, i dare say we all probably experience occasions when someone's behaviour or lack of common sense causes us to react with criticism.

put yourself in my shoes, surrounded every day almost exclusively by simple-minded peasants with a huge deficiency of basic knowledge, low IQ ignoramuses with a total inability to have an original thought or participate in some kind of inspiring conversation. i wake up to these inbred cave dwellers every damned day and it makes me want to puke!!!

have a good night, you too :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm

I think you should stick to art -- or at least, I plan to, henceforth. These discussions are very unpleasant.
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:16 pm
I think you should stick to art -- or at least, I plan to, henceforth. These discussions are very unpleasant.
well, your art is enjoyable, so that is a good plan. your comments are often enjoyable too,
although not always. is it possible we two are a little similar? ;-) be good :-)
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm

There is a possibility that the weather here is making me a bit tetchy...

15 Jan 2020 cold.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:51 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:19 pm
There is a possibility that the weather here is making me a bit tetchy.
when someone writes with a passion their posts often become more dynamic -
and i doubt many visitors here would complain about that.
nevertheless, let's hope the sun will soon begin to share its warmth :-)

"new york is cold, but i like where i'm living"
chelsea hotel.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:22 am

new artwork at the louvre causing quite a stir, but i can't make out the signature :-(
louvre.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:22 am
...i can't make out the signature...

You must be blind! ;-)

Love the colours! Is it watercolour? And, any chance of a close-up, sans "crowd'?
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:23 pm

LisaLCFan asked:
>any chance of a close-up, sans "crowd'?

no problem. enquiries are always welcome :-)
this picture was, of course, just a quick 'joke', not a serious attempt to make a portrait - though i am sure that is well understood.

firstly i stuck some easily removable adhesive mesh onto a small piece of 300g textured paper. splashed acrylic paint (three colours) over it, dried it with the hairdryer i bought myself for christmas, removed the mesh. drew with a thick black marker pen a thoughtless sketch of leonard's 'iconic' photograph. the background colouring was dull and greyish, so i livened it up by putting it through one of the many computer software programmes i have, and which i love playing with if i have a few minutes.
original.jpg
close up.jpg
hopeless.jpg
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:28 pm

low res.jpg
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:10 pm

Thanks for the info and the close-up! The computer-enhanced colours are, indeed, an improvement. Cheers!
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:49 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:23 pm
...this picture was, of course, just a quick 'joke', not a serious attempt to make a portrait - though i am sure that is well understood...

I guess I'm too gullible (or, I am just not adept at mind-reading) -- I did not, actually, understand this picture to be a joke (well, I knew that the Louvre part was a joke -- I'm not that gullible!). Aside from the moustache, I quite like it!

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”