I asked my 13 year old daughter if she could draw Cohen.

This is for your own works!!!
BlizzardofIce

I asked my 13 year old daughter if she could draw Cohen.

Postby BlizzardofIce » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:44 am

She came down with this a few hours later. Pencil-drawing.
:shock: :shock:
cohen.jpg
There are many ways a man can serve his time
Sideways

Re: I asked my 13 year old daughter if she could draw Cohen.

Postby Sideways » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 pm

well done, her!
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah
solongleonard

Postby solongleonard » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 am

Any encouragement from our Captain, God-free, to a young Norwegian artist ? I think this one must have slipped by you
Geoffrey

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 pm

solongleonard wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 am
Any encouragement from our Captain, God-free, to a young Norwegian artist ? I think this one must have slipped by you
an unanswered encouragement from me was visible here for several weeks, just like yours, until i eventually deleted it.
LisaLCFan

Postby LisaLCFan » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 pm
solongleonard wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 am
an unanswered encouragement from me was visible here for several weeks, just like yours, until i eventually deleted it.
I can corroborate that: I remember reading Geoffrey's post -- which was, indeed, most encouraging to the young lady -- and then later noticing that it was gone.

Aside from we few "regulars", I have frequently experienced a lack of response from people when I have made a point to respond to their posts. I do sometimes wonder why this is: perhaps they have simply forgotten that they've posted here; maybe our time and effort to reply means nothing to them; or maybe they have been distracted by something serious (or otherwise) and were unable to return. Who knows?
solongleonard

Postby solongleonard » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm

thanks for telling me that God-free responded. I missed that.

I take a different view about the lack of acknowledgment. We know that we do the right t'ing because it is....the right t'ing.

I have no energy to question why anyone should withdraw praise. I shall accept its weirdness and leave it there.
Geoffrey

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:12 pm

LisaLCFan wrote:
>I can corroborate that: I remember reading Geoffrey's post -- which was, indeed, most encouraging to the young lady -- and then later noticing that it was gone.
>
>Aside from we few "regulars", I have frequently experienced a lack of response from people when I have made a point to respond to their posts. I do sometimes wonder why this is: perhaps they have simply forgotten that they've posted here; maybe our time and effort to reply means nothing to them; or maybe they have been distracted by something serious (or otherwise) and were unable to return. Who knows?
-------------
solongleonard wrote:
>thanks for telling me that God-free responded. I missed that. I take a different view about the lack of acknowledgment. We know that we do the right t'ing because it is....the right t'ing. I have no energy to question why anyone should withdraw praise. I shall accept its weirdness and leave it there.
-------------
thank you, lisa and solongleonard. i think i should offer some kind of explanation:
the reason i deleted my message was not entirely because of lack of response. mostly it was because my name stood visible on the 'last post' list for too long in this section. at the risk of being terribly indiscreet, but as a way of defending a reluctance to allow my name from appearing too much, i think it might be excusable to show part of the webmaster's letter from last winter:

"I have received some emails from members who think that your domination in the section 'Writing, Music and Art by the Forum Members' is so overwhelming that other contributions get lost and people may not be motivated to send their poems etc. I have to underline that they didn't complain about your works of art, on the contrary, they said they are looking forward to your daily works. They just asked if I'd have some ideas how to separate the poetry threads."

i totally agreed, and after some discussion, with various ideas being exchanged, it was my suggestion to contain my pictures more or less to one specific thread. so, the 'never-ending gallery' started as an experiment, an attempt to reduce the number of individual threads bearing the same name that flooded this section - and i believe it has so far been quite effective. the only problem is that i remain wary of participating too much in other peoples' threads, not because i care not to, but because i am conscious that too many threads in this section bearing the same name could frighten away potential posters.
solongleonard

Re: I asked my 11 year old son if she could draw Dylan.

Postby solongleonard » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:28 pm

I enjoyed your comments concerning the lovely, promising, picture drawn by a young Norwegian artist. I hope your withdrawal was not Norgist? I did not know that you wrote in another thread here. What is it about? I hear your concern about domination. Is there a way a person could post under 2 different names? If you do not knoweth the answer then I will ask Sideways, (my extremely annoying Ex).
Oscotarach

Re: I asked an 81 year old none if she could draw Dylan.

Postby Oscotarach » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 pm

solongleonard wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:28 pm
I enjoyed your comments concerning the lovely, promising, picture drawn by a young Norwegian artist. I hope your withdrawal was not Norgist? I did not know that you wrote in another thread here. What is it about? I hear your concern about domination. Is there a way a person could post under 2 different names? If you do not knoweth the answer then I will ask Sideways, (my extremely annoying Ex).
It not aloud to has 2 diferant names yuo bad persen!
Sideways

Re: I asked an 81 year old none if she could draw Dylan.

Postby Sideways » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:49 pm

Oscotarach wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:39 pm
solongleonard wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:28 pm
It not aloud to has 2 diferant names yuo bad persen!
Dear God-free, always check spelling. You meant to write “It not aloud TWO has...”. Blunders like yours can make the difference between a smacker on the lips and a smack on the mouth.
yeah, well, errrrm, hum, yeah, ok, I dunno, articulation is not my fing, who cares, SHUT IT YOU MUPPET, blah blah blah

Return to “Writing, Music and Art by the Forum members”