Love in Beatiful Losers??

Debate on Leonard Cohen's poetry (and novels), both published and unpublished. Song lyrics may also be discussed here.
jeezy

Love in Beatiful Losers??

Postby jeezy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:11 am

Can someone explain or help me to understand the theme of love in the novel Beatiful Losers? I am almost done reading the novel but I still dont have a clear view about the love in the novel.

And/ or how can you compare this book to Love and Salt Water by Ethel Wilson? or to another Canadian novel that deals with love.

I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. Thanks
tomsakic

Postby tomsakic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:23 pm

Huhm, well, tough question, love in B-Losers... :shock: "The novel with worst sex scene in Canadian lietrature" (The Globe and Mail, 2002)...

Here you have two scholar works about desire, love and sex in the very novel: http://www.canadianpoetry.ca/cpjrn/vol33/vol33index.htm

Also, there was big discussion here about sex and love (and rape, I think) in BL, maybe you can trace it thru Search option. Or simply look bellow your thread - there it is as "Beautiful Loosers", and you have another two therads with various insights into the novel ("Is it really fiction" thread and "Who is F, part two" thread).
jeezy

thanks for the help

Postby jeezy » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:03 am

one more question.. i am wondering in what part of the book the narrator discover that edith is a native indian?

Return to “Leonard Cohen's poetry and novels”