Poetry in Ireland?

Debate on Leonard Cohen's poetry (and novels), both published and unpublished. Song lyrics may also be discussed here.
Ghoti

Poetry in Ireland?

Post by Ghoti »

I'm pretty new to the forum and a big fan of Leonards music and any poetry I can find on the net but I was wondering if anybody knows where I could find some of his poetry or novels in Ireland. I've looked in every book shop I can Find with no luck and I was hoping there were some Irish Cohen Enthusiasts out there who could give me a hand.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Have you tried the libraries? If there isn't anything on the shelves they will often have some books in storage that they will retrieve for you to borrow. Some books are still available to buy(eg. "Stranger Music") if you order them from a large bookstore like Waterstones or W H Smith. Or try the online booksellers like amazon.
Anne-Marie

Post by Anne-Marie »

Shopping online is really the answer. :wink:
Ghoti

Post by Ghoti »

Thanks a lot, I never considered the library and i'm sure i can ask one of the chain stores to order some for me. Unfortunatly I'm a little bit lacking of a credit card which makes it difficult for online buying and all of that jiving around. In the meantime you can post some of your favourites for me to keep me going.
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Don't forget new poems at The Blackening Pages of the Files, and also a selection of poems there on the Files, at Adi's Fingerprints.
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Thanks, Tom. I won't forget, either. :wink:

Linda.
kieron

Post by kieron »

Hi Gothi,
Tower records in Dublin have "Stranger Music" and "The songs of Leonard Cohen" upstairs in the music book section. also Hughes & Hughes on Dawson street as far as I can recall.

All the best
Kieron
"A terrible beauty is born" WB Yeats.
Ghoti

Post by Ghoti »

Thanks Kieron I will try that the next time i am in Dublin. What do they have in Hughes & Hughes. Is it in the poetry section? I take it you are Irsih yourseñf. Where are you from?
kieron

Post by kieron »

Hi Ghoti,
The poetry section had the Book of Mercy last time I looked. The others were in the Music biog section. Im from Limerick origanally and have been living in Dublin since "92 after finishing college in Galway.

Good hunting on the book front.

Kieron
"A terrible beauty is born" WB Yeats.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's poetry and novels”