Bench very latest Dateline Sunday 11th June 2017 A.D.

Our biennial Hydra meetups, and the big 2002 Event
solongleonard

Bench very latest Dateline Sunday 11th June 2017 A.D.

Post by solongleonard »

Further update - I sat on the bench again today. I chose the left hand corner as you stand with your back to the sea. Tomorrow I am plannng to try the right hand corner! It is raining quite a lot today and some people have used, what the Greeks call, "umbrellas" to divert the descending "drops" of rain from falling on their clothes or bodies. A couple of crazy Cohenites are not using "umbrellas" at all!
SOME PEOPLE NEVER GO CRAZY.
WHAT TRULY HORRIBLE LIVES
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Re: Bench very latest Dateline Sunday 11th June 2017 A.D.

Post by solongleonard »

Many of you have enquired about the long term effects of the "rain". I am sad to report that despite my use of 3 professional "umbrellas" some of my clothes still got "wet". I also "accidentally" stabbed 4 different* people in the eye with one of my newer "umbrellas" for which I have had insufficient training. This was not a great end to my holiday, and the victims could perhaps argue that it wasn't a great end to their eyes either.

* one guy I stabbed twice and quite deliberately but this is not an important distinction imho. I am sure you see my argument (unlike the victims who can no longer see anything at all).
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

Jarkko has been kind enough to give me permission to reveal the real reason that the Forum decided to commemorate Leonard at Hydra with the placement of a bench.

Birkat Hamazon , the blessing after the meal, is also known colloquially as “benching,” the English version of the Yiddish term bentshn, which means to bless.

Leonard was a blessing and each of us who was in Hydra last week for the ceremony was "benching" in his honour.
THEY MUST LEAD
solongleonard

Post by solongleonard »

May I ask all those sending me private messages on this thread to carry on. I feel we are now getting a lot closer to the truth,
THEY MUST LEAD

Return to “Hydra Meetups 2023, 2019, 2017, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2007, 2005 & The Event in 2002”