Search found 5 matches
Search found 5 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:53 pm
- Forum: Thanks for the Dance
- Topic: "Thanks for the dance" - the new album
- Replies: 217
- Views: 38691
Dear me, where did you dredge that up? There's nothing, absolutely nothing that I agree with in that review. I guess on one level it's a matter of taste and preference (I personally liked 'Free As a Bird', this guy didn't), but he makes such sweeping, bizarre and self-contradictory statements: - Coh...
- Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:50 pm
- Forum: THE FLAME - news and information
- Topic: THE FLAME - Leonard's New Collection of Poetry
- Replies: 83
- Views: 63000
Would it be any difference among these editions except cover design? Remember the biography I'm your man, UK version has more photos than US version. I am curious about this as well. Currently there are 2 versions listed on amazon.de: Gebundene Ausgabe: 275 pages Publisher: Canongate Books Ltd.; Ma...
- Mon May 29, 2017 11:00 pm
- Forum: News
- Topic: New bootlegs 2016/2017 (so far 16)
- Replies: 20
- Views: 9795
‘Upon a smokey evening’ CD - contents as good as you’d expect, but if you compare the tracks it has in common with ‘Field Commander Cohen’ (noticeably slower, and around a semitone lower in pitch) it’s clear that there has been an uncorrected issue with the speeds of the various tape machines used ...
- Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:10 am
- Forum: Leonard Cohen's music
- Topic: The Complete Columbia Albums Collection
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3785
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I recently found this set second hand, and I was quite surprised to see that the box that holds the CDs is quite flimsy, thin cardboard. A bit unexpected since this was supposed to have been a limited issue collector's item. I have the Studio Albums set as well ...
- Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:39 am
- Forum: OLD IDEAS
- Topic: Spanish songwriter Joaquin Sabina, adapts (destroys) 'Old Id
- Replies: 39
- Views: 19787
Even though much of the discussion here has been theoretical (does JS have the right to 'adapt' LC's lyrics, does the Spanish public need translations in order to enjoy the album, etc) I'd like to point to something that few have mentioned so far, ie the quality of these translations. On a recent vi...