im interested in anybody's impressions on 'you want it darker'.

Ask and answer questions about Leonard Cohen, his work, this forum and the websites!
Jewlie59

im interested in anybody's impressions on 'you want it darker'.

Post by Jewlie59 »

This album has touched me deeply - all of these songs just so sad and poignant, make me cry but I can't stop listening. What does everybody think? I'm hopeless with words that's why I want to read what other people say then I can agree! The man is a genius - I don't know what else to say.
Athnuachan

Re: im interested in anybody's impressions on 'you want it darker'.

Post by Athnuachan »

Hi Jewlie59, in case you're disappointed to get no replies, please remember this is holiday season when most people eat /drink more and don't bother much with online stuff!
Secondly, there is a thread in the news section called "The Darker Album and the Songs" open since Oct. where many/most of us have posted our impressions of Leonard's last album.

This began before many of us had a chance to hear the album - a pity but that's the way of technology today. Then later it got "clogged" with line by line analysis in long chunks by a few posters - fine if that's what floats your boat (preferably on a separate thread) but some of us, like you and me, just wanted to hear what other people thought of the album. You might like to read the earlier entries there.
Ring the bells that still can ring...

Return to “Comments & Questions”