Now: Interview with Hattie Webb

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
Vicomte

Re: Now: Interview with Hattie Webb

Post by Vicomte »

asta wrote:It's very wrong to challenge or 'assume' anyone's personal possible financial contribution. Apparently Hattie's big harp used for her Pledge video - and up coming recording - was a special gift from Leonard. Harps are expensive - perhaps costing more than the whole 'Pledge' fund? This says enough about Leonard's generosity and feeling for the whole band family. They seemed to be a very close 'family' - and Leonard has shown repeatedly that - without his band family with him - he would probably not have toured. It's a rare situation - led by Leonard's humility and generosity - totally different to most 'hired guns' and their 'band leader.' Anyway - I am sure - looking at Hattie's Pledge fund video - that something very special is in the works. The 'free' tit bits, free songs, hand made by Hattie christmas card surprises to 'Pledgers' all seem to be much appreciated in comments on Hattie Webb's (and The Webb Sisters) Facebook.
Hattie certainly seems most appreciative in her efforts and comments to friends and fans. And this is before we receive her undoubted fantastic new recordings.
It is certainly not wrong for anyone to have an opinion. As for assuming anyone's personal possible financial contribution, have I assumed wrongly, or are you assuming wrongly about a Financial contribution? A harp of that size is not expensive in the realm of things considering the rather large (very) amount of money that has flowed in since 2008.

"And this is before we receive her undoubted fantastic new recordings"
Oh please, do keep things on the level, I have enjoyed Cohen's gigs for a very long time, I have seen many variations of backing singers, they have all played an excellent part in his concerts. They have all, more or less brought out solo albums, some better than others but of course I go to see and listen to LC at a Cohen gig and I am sorry but from my point of view, however good Hattie's recordings are, they will not be undoubted fantastic recordings to me. Sorry but just because anyone is in Cohen's backing group, that does not mean I have to follow them as well. Look back and see just how any of us were split on Dino Soldo not staying with the LC tour after the initial 2008-10 come back to see that fact.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

Vicomte wrote:It is certainly not wrong for anyone to have an opinion.
donald's pledge.jpg
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Good point but you're looking well Geoffrey, hair could do with a coiffure's touch but other than that....
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Great to see that, as of today, Hattie has reached 92 per cent of her target!
John Etherington

After Hattie reached 92 per cent of her target, it mysteriously went back to 90 per cent. :?: Keep pledging, people!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Podcast with Hattie, interviewed by Frank Cronogue:
https://soundcloud.com/tiny-triumphs/li ... ew-show-19
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
John Etherington

Hi Jarkko,

Thanks for the link! However, I wasn't able to pull it up from the link above, so here's what comes after tiny-triumphs/

live-from-the-roadhousehattie-webb-interview-show-19

Great to see that Hattie now officially has 92 per cent of her target. Let's hope enough people pre-order the album this week to help her complete her goal.

Best wishes, John E

***there is no need to see the complete link, just click on it, and the target page will open/Jarkko***
John Etherington

Great to hear this interview! It was recorded a few days before my 20 questions went online, and fortunately there is not too much overlap. I particularly enjoyed hearing Hattie's detailed account of a typical day on a Leonard Cohen tour. The interview also answers two of my questions that didn't make the final 20; namely, what were Hattie's formative musical influences, and what are her favourite Leonard Cohen songs.
John Etherington

94 per cent and three days left!
John Etherington

As of 14th January, 95 per cent and two days left!
John Etherington

98 per cent! 2 per cent and 2 days to go :D
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hattie's new song "Newton's Law" now online:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6O6QaoYVfA

99 per cent and 23 hours to go...
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Will it come down to one of us giving again ? :shock:
John Etherington

101 per cent - Hattie's made it! :)

Return to “News”