Now: Interview with Hattie Webb

News about Leonard Cohen and his work, press, radio & TV programs etc.
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Now: Interview with Hattie Webb

Post by jarkko »

Hattie's new video went live today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzAHrB7LcI4
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Beautiful video...and filmed at Hattie's London gig at The Pheasantry in King's Road. It's great to see that the pledging has now reached two thirds of the target!
asta

Post by asta »

I love 'To the Bone' - the new song and video that Hattie has shared. I see her 'Pledge fund' (ie pre buying her CD in advance - and any other 'goodies' you fancy) has reached 70% of what she needs to make her album of new songs. Her pledge fund - http://www.pledgemusic.com/hattie-webb-to-the-bone says that 305 friends / fans have 'pledged.' But The Webb Sisters have over 11.000 'likes' on their Facebook. Hattie has 1500 or so on her new Facebook Hattie Webb. And Hattie (and Charley) performed to millions of friends on the LC Tour. Sister Charley is enthusing greatly about Hattie's solo project - but 305 'pledges' (as much as I am sure Hattie is very grateful) is a low number. Hattie's pledge site says there are 6 days to go to raise the final 30%. It would be so easy if just a few more LC fans supported Hattie. John Etherington (in his super interview) told us that the Harp Hattie is using on her album (and video) was a gift from Leonard to Hattie. Come on Cohenites !
John Etherington

...and in case anyone missed it at the end of the interview, here once again is the link to order/pledge:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/hat ... o-the-bone
Last edited by John Etherington on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
199Dan

Post by 199Dan »

Done !!
THANKS for the reminder.... :)
John Etherington

Hattie's currently achieved 70 per cent of her target, so come on, people...please order something and make it work for her (there are only four days left)!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Hattie's pledge report now shows 74 % and 17 days left, so the period has been extended!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
John Etherington

Just for the record, there are currently 28085 Forum users and 341 pledgers! :)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

John Etherington wrote:Just for the record, there are currently 28085 Forum users and 341 pledgers! :)
The obvious reply is that those forum users are Leonard Cohen fans, not necessarily Hattie Webb fans.

Wendy
John Etherington

Wendy, Presumably you are though, considering I've you at at least one Webb Sisters gig? :)
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

John Etherington wrote:Wendy, Presumably you are though, considering I've you at at least one Webb Sisters gig? :)
I don't know John. I've never heard any of Hattie's solo stuff.

W
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Mabeanie1 wrote:
John Etherington wrote:Just for the record, there are currently 28085 Forum users and 341 pledgers! :)
The obvious reply is that those forum users are Leonard Cohen fans, not necessarily Hattie Webb fans.

Wendy
I think that is a very fair answer. I do wish Hattie all the best but the one person who could easily offer the whole pledge, hasn't, or have I missed something?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
John Etherington

Hi Vicomte, Pledge Music seems to be a means by which many indie artists involve their followers in the process of the album being made, and includes giving them tasters, updates etc. It has to be a good thing, if it means the artist gets the majority of money for their work, rather than vast corporations such as Amazon. All good things, John E
asta

Post by asta »

It's very wrong to challenge or 'assume' anyone's personal possible financial contribution. Apparently Hattie's big harp used for her Pledge video - and up coming recording - was a special gift from Leonard. Harps are expensive - perhaps costing more than the whole 'Pledge' fund? This says enough about Leonard's generosity and feeling for the whole band family. They seemed to be a very close 'family' - and Leonard has shown repeatedly that - without his band family with him - he would probably not have toured. It's a rare situation - led by Leonard's humility and generosity - totally different to most 'hired guns' and their 'band leader.' Anyway - I am sure - looking at Hattie's Pledge fund video - that something very special is in the works. The 'free' tit bits, free songs, hand made by Hattie christmas card surprises to 'Pledgers' all seem to be much appreciated in comments on Hattie Webb's (and The Webb Sisters) Facebook.
Hattie certainly seems most appreciative in her efforts and comments to friends and fans. And this is before we receive her undoubted fantastic new recordings.
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

Meh. There likely hasn't been 500 different people who've spent appreciable time on this forum since Dec 16 when the interview was posted. 341 is not a bad number, considering.

Return to “News”