L.C. Song Hunt

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:35 pm

It might be Marianne - or possibly Steer Your Way or Villanelle For Our Time.
User avatar
B4real
Posts: 6236
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:49 am
Location: Australia

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby B4real » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:15 am

Hartmut wrote:
B4real wrote:but maybe the song you want is Steer Your Way. Or on reflection, possibly Villanelle For Our Time.
Hartmut wrote:Yes, Bev, you're right, it's one of these songs.
Hartmut wrote:It might be Marianne - or possibly Steer Your Way or Villanelle For Our Time.
HeHe! Come in Spinner :lol: Yes, Hartmut, you're right, it's one of these songs :)
Be for real. Free yourself to find the real Self ~~ Me
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:01 am

B4real wrote:Yes, Hartmut, you're right, it's one of these songs :)
OK, that narrows it down a bit.
B4real wrote:HeHe! Come in Spinner :lol:
Now I've learned a new phrase. Thanks!


I'm looking for a song that appeared on the soundtrack of a TV show about bikers - but maybe should have been the title song of a show like "Chicago Hope".
User avatar
Goldin
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Goldin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Hi Hartmut,

Isn't it Bird on the Wire?
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner

The Arcadian dream has all fallen through
But the Albion sails on course
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Goldin wrote:Hi Hartmut,

Isn't it Bird on the Wire?
Close, Roman, very close.

But what has Bird on the Wire to do with Chicago Hope?
User avatar
Goldin
Posts: 2395
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:57 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
Contact:

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Goldin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:14 pm

I've just googled "Chicago Hope". No idea :lol:
Roman aka Hermitage Prisoner

The Arcadian dream has all fallen through
But the Albion sails on course
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:17 pm

Goldin wrote:I've just googled "Chicago Hope". No idea :lol:
Then I think it's the wrong song.

But you were on the right bike ... track, I mean.
Herbsttag
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Herbsttag » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm obviously late in the game :oops: , but I believe the song used in a show about bikers is Come Healing.
Alexandra
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:55 pm

Herbsttag wrote:I'm obviously late in the game :oops: , but I believe the song used in a show about bikers is Come Healing.
You're quite right, Herbsttag - and welcome!

Do you know the rules? It's your turn now.
Herbsttag
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Herbsttag » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:05 am

Thank you for the welcome.
This one is quite easy I think. The song I'm looking for has the same name as an album by another male artist and if I remember correctly it is also the title of a novel.
Alexandra
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:24 am

Hartmut wrote:I'm looking for a song that appeared on the soundtrack of a TV show about bikers - but maybe should have been the title song of a show like "Chicago Hope".
For the record: "Chicago Hope" a show about a hospital. So "Come Healing" would have been appropriate.
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:25 am

Herbsttag wrote:Thank you for the welcome.
This one is quite easy I think. The song I'm looking for has the same name as an album by another male artist and if I remember correctly it is also the title of a novel.
Not easy for me ...

Is the singer Graeme Allwright? Or Jann Arden? Otherwise, I don't know.
Herbsttag
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:06 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Herbsttag » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:18 am

Hartmut wrote:
Herbsttag wrote:Thank you for the welcome.
This one is quite easy I think. The song I'm looking for has the same name as an album by another male artist and if I remember correctly it is also the title of a novel.
Not easy for me ...

Is the singer Graeme Allwright? Or Jann Arden? Otherwise, I don't know.
These are not the singers that I had in mind. The singer's first name is Tom. :D
Alexandra
User avatar
B4real
Posts: 6236
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:49 am
Location: Australia

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby B4real » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:28 am

Quick guess -

Closing Time
Be for real. Free yourself to find the real Self ~~ Me
Happiness is like learning the violin, the more you practice it the more it comes to you ~~ Me
Without the heart, there can be no understanding between the hand and the mind ~~ Gore Vidal
User avatar
Hartmut
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: L.C. Song Hunt

Postby Hartmut » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:28 am

Herbsttag wrote:These are not the singers that I had in mind. The singer's first name is Tom. :D
Mr. Jones was one of the first that came to my mind. - But I didn't know that he has an album that has the same name as a Leonard Cohen song ...

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests