The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
bob64

The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

Post by bob64 »

Does anybody know if there are future plans to re-release this set. The few that are available are extortionately priced. Sadly, for various reasons, I did not get it at the time and have lived to rue the day.
John Etherington

Re: The Complete Columbia Albums Collection

Post by John Etherington »

Bob - Do you mean Leonard's "Complete Studio Albums" (remastered) collection? It's about £25.00 on Amazon - approx. two quid for each album - not exactly extortionate!
bob64

Post by bob64 »

No, the one I mean is the 17 CD set that includes the live albums. I am well aware of the 11 CD set.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi
This was a limited edition and I'm not aware of any rereleases... Quite a few people have asked me about it privately, but I had to disappoint them I'm afraid...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

Bob - I woudn't slit your wrists over it! I've lived happily with the original live albums for the past 40 years.
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi
In case someone is still looking for this 17 cd box set:
http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/40089576265 ... 1423.l2649

Bidding is at 30 USD right now, but I guess it will get higher... They used to sell these boxes for over 200 USD...

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
idealcrash

Post by idealcrash »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I recently found this set second hand, and I was quite surprised to see that the box that holds the CDs is quite flimsy, thin cardboard. A bit unexpected since this was supposed to have been a limited issue collector's item. I have the Studio Albums set as well and the box there is quite sturdy and thick by comparison.

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”