Thank you Leonard !!

General discussion about Leonard Cohen's songs and albums
Leedur

Thank you Leonard !!

Post by Leedur »

Thank you for your beautiful music ...

I heard your music last 23years since i was 10yo. some times more - some times less... but over last years more and more....
All over the time i loved your musik - i can hear same albums day by day over hours.

my favorite songs change over the times... some of them:
* like a bird on wire (live)
* last years man
* story of isaac
* take this longing

last years i loved more and more newer songs like (especially with religious context)
* take this waltz (!)
* a thousend kisses deep (!)
* the faith
* i tried to leave you (from london2008)
* tower of song
* who by fire (from london2008)

* if it be your will (version from antonie is perhaps better ...)
* hallelujah
* closing time
* boogie street

all these songs and all the other songs i heared over weeks hours by hours - and no time i dont like your music...

for making me happy Leonard - THANK YOU !!!!

Andre
MaryB

Re: Thank you Leonard !!

Post by MaryB »

Andre,

I don't know if LC will read your post. I hope he does.

My favorite line from your post-
Leedur wrote:for making me happy Leonard - THANK YOU !!!!Andre
I think you will find that most, if not all of the forum members here and people who really know his words and music feel the same way as you do.

Welcome to the forum Andre!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
agaj

Re: Thank you Leonard !!

Post by agaj »

LC' music and lyrics have been with me since I was a kid. I saw him for the first time on TV in the 70s, when he came to Poland. I listened to Suzanne and it was enough for me to know, that this was the music I just loved. I didn't know English then, but it didn't matter. I started looking for his albums, which in my country was not easy. When I got older and learned English I began to discover the beauty, the depth and the truth of his lyrics. I just couldn't believe that there was a person in this world who thought and felt just like me! He expressed everything I thought of! In the meantime I went through one unhappy marriage, then the next one. I gave birth to three children, discovered buddism (not even knowing LC discovered it too), had lots of problems. I went through all that, sometimes listening to his songs, sometimes not, but always eager to learn what was going on with him and his life. I was worried that he would never write anything when he went to a buddist monastery, happy when he returned. I have always dreamt about writing to him or meeting him just once in my life. Now I think I don't deserve it. In Poland there was a program about him during this year's Easter. Young people sang his songs. Leonard was speaking. There was so much wisdom in what he was saying. He was so calm and so humble. I stared at the TV screen, late at night and had tears in my eyes. His words somehow evoked all the deeply hidden emotions, forgotten feelings. His music and lyrics were again with me and inside me.
I will never get to know him although I feel I know and feel him so well. He will never know that somewhere in Poland there lives a 46 years old woman whom he helped so many times just by singing what he sang. And this is good. Thank you, Leonard for everything. Thank you for being such a person,

Return to “Leonard Cohen's music”