New live album: Can't Forget

MarieJolie

Re: New live album: Can't Forget

Post by MarieJolie »

Hi everybody! Does anyone know where I could find the lyrics of "Stages" and "Choices"? Thanks for your help!
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Hi, Marie Jolie!

That's Choices written by Billy Yates and Mike Curtis: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?lyrics=4896

Stages are transcripted there: http://cohencentric.com/2015/03/17/vide ... ec-2-2013/
Also, I found this picture somewhere on Facebook:
Stages.jpg
MarieJolie

Post by MarieJolie »

Thank you very much Goldin, I was just missing these two ones. Now I can start translating, a new mesmerizing adventure each time :D.
rike

Post by rike »

The critics are running out of enthusiastic phrases and adjectives for LC's latest albums, so I certainly cannot compete with what they have to say. What I know is that each song just seems to fit situations that arrive in the lives of friends, and mine. I cherish them all. Yes, friends and situations, too.
"...A manual for living with defeat..."
gallina

Post by gallina »

MarieJolie wrote:Hi everybody! Does anyone know where I could find the lyrics of "Stages" and "Choices"? Thanks for your help!
ALL of the lyrics are in the booklet. From the first to the last word. You just have to buy the CD ;-)
2009 Budapest
2010 Zagreb, Gothenburg, Florence, St. Margarethen, Bratislava, Las Vegas x2

2011, 2015 Ύδρα
2012 Ghent x5, Helsinki, Dublin x2, Verona
2013 Roma, Lucca, Vienna, London
2015 Viladrau
Susy

Post by Susy »

... Your so right Gallina ( know you dear from FB ) ... makes me so happy to understand all of * Never Gave Noboby Trouble * ,,
just love this song ,,, and the booklet is :D ... Thank you S <3
Susy
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I have been away from home in the last few days - something to do with grandsons having birthdays in a distant location.
Anyhow, back today and collected my CD even before I collected my dogs from boarding.
I am delighted to report I had difficulty in finding this CD amongst the LARGE number of LC CDs in the local record store. I have never seen so many in one place in an Australian shop.
Looks good!

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

https://www.facebook.com/leonardcohen/v ... 829014644/
We spoke with members of Leonard Cohen's touring crew about the tour soundchecks and the new album, Can't Forget: A Souvenir of the Grand Tour. Please enjoy and share.
with Neil Larson,
Sharon Robinson: "a beautiful remembering of the Tour, and it's very fitting, because that Tour was a huge life experience for all of us involved and for many of the fans as well" :D
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Goldin wrote:https://www.facebook.com/leonardcohen/v ... 829014644/
We spoke with members of Leonard Cohen's touring crew about the tour soundchecks and the new album, Can't Forget: A Souvenir of the Grand Tour. Please enjoy and share.
with Neil Larson,
Sharon Robinson: "a beautiful remembering of the Tour, and it's very fitting, because that Tour was a huge life experience for all of us involved and for many of the fans as well" :D
Thanks Goldin...
I'm surprised that Sharon couldn't remember whether or not they performed 'Night comes on' in any of the shows
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
TommyJ

Post by TommyJ »

Leonard played Night Comes on at Wembley on Saturday 8 September 2012. Sharon may not remember it, but it was utterly unforgetable for me!

Tom
London o2 July 2008 and Nov 2008, NYC (Radio City Music Hall) May 2009, Weybridge July 2009, Lille Sept 2010, Las Vegas Dec 2010, Wembley 8 and 9 Sept 2012, Dublin Sept 2012, Paris Sept 2012, London 02 June 2013, Leeds Sept 2013, London o2 Sept 2013 ... and hopefully more to come.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

I'm not surprised that much by her uncertainty, really.
There were hundreds of rehearsals, soundchecks and concerts; and Night Comes On was played in front of an audience in just 34 occasions:
once in New Zealand in 2010,
27 times in Europe in 2012,
3 times in North America in 2012,
3 times in Europe in 2013.
B4real

Post by B4real »

AlanM wrote:I am delighted to report I had difficulty in finding this CD amongst the LARGE number of LC CDs in the local record store. I have never seen so many in one place in an Australian shop.
Looks good!
I didn't want to buy this on line and I finally made it to the nearest city and JB HI-FI shop to collect my official hard copy of this album and I have to agree totally with Alan about the overwhelming supply of LC's albums also in this not-so-big Australian city as well 8)
And just to reinforce Leonard's presence there the shop assistant was well versed in LC, as was the computer salesman from whom I also bought a new computer!
Top of the range speakers to come! I also asked about the delay in the LP but they didn't know any closer date than they original stated of early November 2015.

Also wanted to say that I absolutely, totally and completely LOVE Alex's violin on this album :D
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
Clementine

Post by Clementine »

How funny, B4Real,

I just bought my physical copy today, :D at JB Hi-Fi in Auckland.

Great minds think alike!
B4real

Post by B4real »

Clementine wrote:How funny, B4Real,

I just bought my physical copy today, :D at JB Hi-Fi in Auckland.

Great minds think alike!
hehe! Clementine....they sure do ;-)
And I wonder how closely we were in tune because I bought mine right on 1PM AEST (3PM NZST) and it cost AU$19.99 (NZ$21.43).
I didn't realise that JB were in NZ.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
regensburg

Post by regensburg »

Just in time for my Birthday I received the CD today from my dear "Sister" and all I can say it is unbelievable superb. I love it. All the songs are wonderful, La Manic is sooo very sexy sung by him. "Choices" was actually a tribute to George Jones who had passed away while Leonard was on tour, I think this was very thoughtful of Leonard to include this song. All in all I want to say well done dear Leonard, thank you for the music and looking forward to the next Album. I was so lucky to have met him in Memphis,Tn. And the wonderful conversation we had.

Return to “2015 Release: Can't Forget”