Anjani's Summer 2007 Tour Schedule

blonde madonna

Re: Anjani's Summer 2007 Tour Schedule

Post by blonde madonna »

Well Damellon, you will know better than me about the reliability of your sources. 8)
Btw love Christy Moore since I first heard 'Lord Baker' on Sinead's 'Sean-Nos Nua' album (sent chills up my spine).
Have seen Luka Bloom out here but Christy is obviously too busy over your side of the oceans to bother about Australia.
Anyhoo, it is gratifying to hear you are all having such fun, keep up the good work. :D
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
damellon

Post by damellon »

Don't worry, dangermouse - when you really offend, one of the moderators will descend like an avenging angel :shock: - see the scale below in ascending order of wrath. Don't like the sound of Level 4 - that's what keeps me in check. :?
1. :? Moderate forum embarrassment
2. :oops: 3 G&Ts later, more than above, but redemption still possible
3. :o credibility severely damaged
4. :lol: Laughingstock status attained
5. :roll: Generations of forumees yet unborn will speak of the smiting

I know some who have been smitten, but they recovered. :D
Last edited by damellon on Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
Diane

Post by Diane »

Sorry to read the list of repurcussions you've endured since we all met, Damellon. I'm sure it will all blow over :shock: .

Margaret, Damellon, Red Poppy, Sheila, Helen and Sherry!! I lost you all, in various locations and combinations, many times over, over the period of a few days. I hope to come over and lose you all again some time. When Anjani introduced The Mist by saying it could have been written about Ireland, did she say 'mist', or 'missed'? Anyhow, spending time with you lot was a great finale to my trip to Ireland.

The festival was bloody brilliant, wasn't it? As you know, I thought the mud and rain was an essential part of the atmosphere. But that episode of getting lost at the end you recount Margaret - that was quite funny, but only in retrospect. One muddy field looks much the same as another in dark.

I have too much washing to do to write a report about the festival. Except to say that Anjani was more relaxed than when I saw her in Dublin at the Came so far for Beauty tribute last year. I thought she was quite sexy and she drew an enthusiastic crowd. I read a piece in the Irish Independent the following day which said she had a sparse crowd at the Tripod. Well, she had a dense crowd in a tent in Mullingar.

The highlights for me were The Waterboys - who really got the crowd going - Kris Kristofferson, and good old Christy Moore. I was quite amazed to be standing watching Kris K singing songs I used to listen to all those years ago - Me and Bobby McGee, Sunday Morning Going Down, Help me Make it Through the Night, etc. And he did a few from his latest album, This Old Road, which I need to listen to some more. The only trouble with KK was that the tempo was a bit slow, being between The Waterboys, Mundy, and Christy Moore. Christy and Declan Sinnott gave it all they had. Marvellous! Christy did Motherland 8) , a few other tracks from Burning Times, and many staple oldies. Joe Dolan even got a mention as part of Lisdoonvarna. Steve Earle was a slight disappointment for me, seeming to lack a bit of oomph, and I missed a lot of Richard Thomson, having to go find something to eat at that time. But it was a fantastic day. I have at least scraped the mud from my boots now, and there is some part of a Welsh garden that is forever Mullingar.

Blonde Madonna, please get on a plane some time and come over for one of these events!
btw, Did any of you figure out where to get one of those blow up cowboys?

Diane :D
damellon

Post by damellon »

Blow up cowboys? What were they for? Got any photos?
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
Diane

Post by Diane »

Damellon, I'm not sure what they were for. I do have a photo, but I don't know how to post pictures on here. Byron thought they were there to represent Kris Kristofferson.
damellon

Post by damellon »

Diane
Sorry to doubt you/Byron but Kris Kristofferson was there to represent himself. Oh me, oh my, maybe they were there to represent Joe Dolan - no better man. Were they life-size? Maybe they were meant to be set under trees, up trees, leaning up against the bar - to give the country mood. Maybe rows of them were to be sat in the small tent to swell audience numbers when the majority were at the mainstage. Were there any playful blow up deer/antelope? Are you sure about this? I didn't see any.
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
dick

Post by dick »

Hi Everyone

Much enjoyment reading your accounts - and I'm glad several of you got to share some time together. London right around the corner and we're already getting anxious!

Anjani posted a tour wrap up on the message board of her site, and it sounds like she had much to contend with at Midlands! Forgive me if it has been posted elsewhere, but it seems to fit well in this thread. Here is what she wrote:

hello friends
three weeks later and we're on our way home from EU. all in all, we had an incredible time playing the music, dealing the international traveling-currency-food-time changes, and finding our way in the dark (literally) with those beloved 6am wakeup calls.
the shows in copenhagen and london and rotterdam and oslo went especially well, and i can't wait to come back and do it again.
granted the tent venues were a bit challenging- and the last show at Midlands was especially difficult...that was the first time in my life i stood on a stage and could not hear what the band was playing.
there is a weird phenomenon known as the 'vaccuum' that many singers experience when standing centerstage: you can hear the band playing but you can't hear yourself singing. it gets much worse in a large tented venue where the sound just swirls around and around--add to that ambient crowd noise and lack of soundcheck and a proper monitor mix, and you can just imagine the consequences.
i felt for the lovely fans that braved the rain and mud! they were listening and singing along--and that was a beautiful thing to see. but yes, i am well aware that this material is best served by more intimate venues, and that will be factored in on the next pass through.
thanks to all who came out and gave their kind words of support...i really appreciate that. and now they're calling my flight--so more later!
love and gratitude
anjani

Best to all
Dick
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks for doing that, Dick. The unfortunate issues [for any performer] surrounding Anjani's performance were certainly not ones that she wasn't well aware of, for sure.

Yes, I second the thanks on these reports. Almost like being there. Makes me wanna check my shoes for mud. Reading the accounts and remembering Anjani's performance, however; the beauty of it will get me through the rain, as I'm sure it did many who saw her 8) .

Thanks.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Diane

Post by Diane »

Thanks for copying that Dick. I wouldn't have known she had all those acoustic problems! All I remember is that the crowd was very appreciative. (The audience was not just in situ after having seen someone else, but had to physically enter her tent to see her.) Yes, The Barbican next!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Dear Margaret, Diane, Damellon & All

Just have to mention how much I've enjoyed reading about your experiences! Despite the weather & equipment setbacks, the concerts all sound wonderful. Having just returned from my own wilderness experience, I am quite sympathetic concerning the effects that nature can have on our comfort-I dealt with muddy/sandy socks for a week (and that's not all that was muddy & sandy!).

We're still trying to figure out a way to join you all in London in October.

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Diane

Post by Diane »

Diane wrote: I wouldn't have known she had all those acoustic problems!
But come to think of it, I do remember a few explosions. I thought they were part of the show 8) .

Joe, if you and Anne come to London in October, I for one will be over the moon! I want to hear all about your latest wilderness experiences.
dick

Post by dick »

We're still trying to figure out a way to join you all in London in October.

Don't tease us Joe. Linda and I are with Diane -- cart wheels at least if you and Anne can manage to fit in London trip. Know you have parent (health) and kid (wedding) obstacles, but hope you will do everything possible and succeed in bringing it off.

Tonight Arlo Guthrie quoted Marilyn Monroe...... "have you ever noticed that most good things come from resolving a doubt about doing something by saying..... 'oh, what the hell' "

I didn't know folks quoted Marilyn, and you never know when Arlo is telling the truth, but in this case, I think it applies to Joe and Anne!
Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Ah Diane & Dick,

You've got me! It's just a pipe dream with Emily's wedding scheduled for the next weekend. I suspect that although our daughter may understand, she might never quite forgive us for deserting her at that time. Perhaps we can convince them to move the whole ceremony to Westminster Abbey and everyone can come! Diane, maybe you could be our unofficial photographer.

We'll be thinking of all of you (and how fortunate you are!).

Joe
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
Diane

Post by Diane »

That's too bad, Joe :( . But if you can afford for your daughter to get married in Westminster Abbey, I'll be your photographer no problem.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Hi Damellon
Very sorry i could'nt make your meeting at the IFI last friday evening.I was very late arriving in Dublin from Derry and as i was staying at the Hilton,which was beside the Tripod,i decided to head straight there and get sorted out for the concert. Anjani was absolutely brilliant and so were her band.It was a real pleasure getting to chat to her after the show. She is so friendly and had time for everyone.
Ihad thought about going to the festival but her sound really suits a small intimate venue much better than a large outdoor one.What do you think? But i'm really glad you all seemed to have enjoyed the festival despite the rain and bad conditions. I've seen Kris twice before in Ireland and think he is a legend but the smaller venue would suit him also.
Hopefully, Leonard will come back to Ireland again soon and maybe you will arrange another gathering. It would be great to see him again in concert.
Gerry.

Return to “Blue Alert”