Anjani's Summer 2007 Tour Schedule

Gerry

Re: Anjani's Summer 2007 Tour Schedule

Post by Gerry »

Hi everyone
I've just joined the forum. I'm heading down to Dublin for Anjani's gig on friday night at the Tripod and really looking forward to it.She has such a beautiful voice and i think the Tripod will suit her style very much.I hadn't planned on going to the festival in Mullingar but i might change my mind yet.
Might see some of you at the bar in Eustace street before the concert and get a chat about Leonard.
Gerry.
damellon

Post by damellon »

Welcome, Gerry. Look forward to seeing you in Eustace Street on Friday night. The early birds - Diane and I - will be there from 5ish. Any idea what time you'll be there? How will we know you? Wearing an LC t-shirt? Carrying Blue Alert? Reading the Book of Longing? A strong humming of any LC song coming from the bar could be our tip off. Diane and I will be the pair of noisy gigglers. See you there.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Did anyone go to see Anjani at the Midlands Festival?

Does anyone have any reports to share?

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

I know at least three of the forum members were there.
Interested in hearing their comments.
Had to cry off at the last minute as I heard Joe Dolan would not be there (by the way Irish Forum members, look out for Joe in a new TV commercial for a mobile phone company, in a bath!!!!!) and that meant it really wasn't worth the trip. :(
No doubt the three Muscat-eers can enlighted you Lizzy :?
margaret

Post by margaret »

I went to the festival with Diane, and met up with Helen and Sheila and Damellon. Also met Sherry who was further up the hill from where we standing. Short report to follow later this evening after dinner .
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

What's for dinner? :shock:
margaret

Post by margaret »

A little steak with new potatoes. Sorry, you're vegetarian aren't you? :(

I'd better make a start in the kitchen.
Back later
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Wow, you saw Anjani at an open air gig in Dublin. That is sooooo cool.
What was she like? What did she wear? She wears the neatest gear. Pleeeeeease include some news on that in your report Margaret.
And what she sang.
Did she have the band she had in London?
How did the open-air vibe work for her?
Thank you.
margaret

Post by margaret »

DM, are you taking the Mickey?

I didn't see Anjani's concert in London or last Friday night in Dublin so can't really make any comparisons on the band or the outfits. The Midlands Festival was in the grounds of a country house near Mullingar, a long way from Dublin. Unfortunately it was difficult to catch all the performers as there were two main stages and choices had to be made :( People were sloshing through the mud from one area to another to see the artists they wanted - the rain started late afternoon after a beautiful sunny start and then persisted for most of the day and night. Wellies, cowboy hats, umbrellas and raincoats were there in great numbers, as were folding chairs brought by the enthusiastic crowd who were determined to enjoy the weekend.

Anjani was due to appear at 7.15 in the 2nd stage which was actually in a large marquee with some shelter from the weather. She had competition from the main stage at the start of her show, and again at the end as people drifted away to see Kriss Kristofferson on the main stage outside. A small crowd at the beginning gradually increased considerably and were very appreciative, the large number of men being particularly spellbound. Anjani looked as lovely as ever and coped with the initial sound problems very well. She sang a number of songs from Blue Alert, remarking that "The Mist" was very apt for the Irish weather conditions. She also did Smokey Life and The ties that bind from her earlier album. Sorry to say that I left around that point, pangs of hunger and cold plus a desire to catch KK as I'd never seen him before and would be unlikely to see him again :(

There were other great performers on Saturday including Steve Earle, The Waterboys, and the superb Christy Moore topping the bill with Declan Sinnott. A great day, everyone got wet, many got drunk, and there was more fun and chaos when the concert finished. Diane and I lost each other (again!) and tried to find the car up on a grassy field in the dark and the extreme mud. Tractors were about and fresh straw was being spread to help vehicles move from the fields to the roads to exit the site. I eventually found Diane at the car with Damellon but we then needed to get Damellon back to hercar which it transpired was in a different area as she had arrived later in the day and entered the grounds at a different point entirely :shock: After depositing D at her car park we set off on the long drive back to our lodgings, getting lost again on the way, and creeping in near to 2.00am, when we fell into our beds still in our muddy socks!

Must be more organised if we ever do this festival thing again.
Attachments
s 28and29July2007 013 (Medium).jpg
s 28and29July2007 013 (Medium).jpg (17.03 KiB) Viewed 7752 times
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thank you very much for your report, Margaret. I appreciate it. Were you as close as the photo of Anjani suggests or did you use your telephoto lens for that? Yes... Anjani is spellbinding and for women, too 8) . It sounds like you had a great time; mud, rain, and all.

I would love to see The Waterboys perform one day :D . Such high, positive energy 8) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
damellon

Post by damellon »

Dangermouse

Thank God someone else is as interested as I am in what Anjani wears - after all presentation is integral to performance. So here goes - She wore this season’s skinny/slim fit pants in a metallic brown/gold, ‘must-have’ for this summer animal print high 5inch (?) heels (like a Pony Bow platform pump, not a bootie, by say, Manolo Blahnik), an entrancing soft gold lame type cropped waistcoat which she removed after a few songs and a slinky t-shirt type retro classic close -fitting top in her trademark brown. You have seen her, haven’t you? She is very thin - (could do catwalk work) (YdF would say 'underfed', but what does he know of style?) and she moves seductively on stage. The male members of the audience were most appreciative, with much whistling and cheering greeting her intros. The sound check had some problems which persisted through to the second song. She had to abandon it after a couple of bars because she could hear nothing from her monitor. To side stage there were what sounded like a couple of explosions which were some sort of unexplained speaker flatulence. She was a real professional though and continued on regardless. Looking lovely and sounding as good as on her disc, she wowed the audience with her voice and looks. Hope that’s useful.
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
damellon

Post by damellon »

P.S. The band was essentially the one we saw in New York though I think the percussionist might have been replaced. Guitarist ( I have an eye for this) was certainly the same (wonderful) and the keyboard guy ( who dueted with Anjani instead of Leonard - aw!- we hoped and hoped he might be there. Word had it he was nearby in an undisclosed location giving an exclusive interview to a famous Irish writer/broadcaster/playwright, but reports may have been exaggerated ) looked familiar. Dominique ? was the backing singer (do you need to know what she wore?) - and did a great job. Standard double bass instead of the esoteric one we saw in New York. All in all a good polished sound - once the sound system behaved itself.
Dangermouse - what are you studying/devoting your energies to? apart from gruelling sexual encounters (worthy of your energies, I'm sure).
Last edited by damellon on Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
blonde madonna

Re:

Post by blonde madonna »

Thanks Margaret and Damellon for the reports and photos. You description of place and mood and fashion left me fully satisfied. I am trying hard to imagine the rain and the mud (tractors and straw!) as we don't get that much at our music festivals - for us it's glaring heat, St John's Ambulance and never adequate supplies of water. Margaret your after concert shenanigans sounded like fun to me (please tell me you had something to drink :), even if you were the designated driver).
damellon wrote:Leonard - aw!- we hoped and hoped he might be there. Word had it he was nearby in Athy giving an exclusive interview to a famous Irish writer/broadcaster/playwright, but reports may have been exaggerated )
Oh Damellon, now I am left wondering if you are teasing and yet hoping that you are not :wink:, will you confirm RP?
the art of longing’s over and it’s never coming back

1980 -- Comedy Theatre, Melbourne
1985 -- State Theatre, Melbourne
2008 -- Hamilton, Toronto, Cardiff
2009 -- Rochford Winery, Yarra Valley
2010 -- Melbourne
2013 -- Melbourne, The Hill Winery, Geelong, Auckland
damellon

Post by damellon »

Would I tease, Blonde Madonna? I report exactly what I'm told. Whether my source is to be relied upon is another question. I can vouch for Margaret's sobriety throughout the weekend. She was the navigator, Diane was the designated driver. To paraphrase Margaret, we lost each other, lost our cars, lost our ways home, with no phone credit or battery power we lost our means of communicating with each other, lost our voices singing Lisdoonvarna with Christy and Declan, lost our inhibitions (don't ask) but we never lost our sense of humour or hope of seeing Lenny round the next ( and usually unfamiliar) bend. BTW - I thought of you while I sipped my glass of Australian white in Manchester. Take care.
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Hi margaret & damellon.
No I am not having anyone on. I was interested because I love Anjani's music and would love to have seen her at a major outdoor gig.
Thank you damellon for the information. I appreciate it.
I am studying Eng Lit and Philosophy.
I think I may have overstepped the mark in my query to LIzzytish elsewhere.
If I offended anyone, I apologise.
Sorry

Return to “Blue Alert”