Anjani's Summer 2007 Tour Schedule

damellon

Re: Anjani's Summer 2007 Tour Schedule

Post by damellon »

Hi Gerry
Sorry you couldn't make it to the meet-up. I agree that Anjani suits a small intimate venue, but it was still enjoyable to hear her at the Midlands Festival. By her own account the Festival was not an experience she'd like to repeat, so it's unlikely we'll see her there again. It's lovely the way she makes time to talk to the people after the shows. I'm glad you got to meet her. Maybe we'll get to meet you next time there a reason for a gathering.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.

from Wild Geese
Mary Oliver
dick

Post by dick »

While I too perfer Anjani in small venues-- Montreal and New York -- I also recall tnat she did quite well with the huge crowd at the Point theater in Dublin. Only a couple of songs, but she had the attendees eating out of her hand!
Diane

Post by Diane »

But Damellon, Anjani wasn't really outdoors but played in that closed marquee, home to the second stage, which had a surprisingly intimate ambience, being a dark, warm, shelter from the rain.(But maybe I am the only person who has a thing about being in tents.)

Welcome to the forum, Gerry!

Diane
Red Poppy

Post by Red Poppy »

I know this is retreading old ground Dick but, of all the acts in Came So Far For Beauty in the Point, I think Anjani was probably the least successful overall and chose a song that simply did not fit with the thrust of the show.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Thanks for the welcome, Diane,glad you enjoyed Anjani at Mullingar Festival.It was a good idea for her to play in the marquee and i think it would have helped her sound also. Was it very wet during the whole day?
Red Poppy, I have to disagree with you about Anjani's performance at Came So Far For Beauty.I think she was superb and was up there with Perla and Julie's performance.Magnificent!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hey, Welcome from me, too, Gerry :D ~ sorry it took so long... when I saw your name, I just stayed in Anjani message board mode, and forgot that a welcome was due you here, too :D .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Thanks for the welcome,Lizzytysh,bet its hot in Florida now.Never been there,just New York and loved it.Hope to back again next year and see more of it.Have you been to ' The Chelsea' ? I wasn't too impressed with it. Maybe it was just the wrong time.What do you think?
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Gerry ~

Yes, it really is hot here; however, still not as hot as in Europe. Thankfully. The air and water are heating up for the height of hurricane season, this month and the next two. So far, so good, though.

Yes, I've been to the Chelsea, the same year as the New York Event. I loved it, though. So impregnated with the vibes of history. Stanley Bard was also very gracious and accommodating to Margeret and me. I love all the artwork ~ everywhere ~ walls, ceilings, stairwells... wherever they could fit it, so it seems. I don't care for the idea of the renovation plans, unless they're particularly conscientious about preservation. Time will tell on that, though. If it goes the other way, it'll be too late and a great landmark will have lost its character and integrity. Its history was abyssmal at times, but still people have bonded and remained so with this great hotel and all it represents.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Diane

Post by Diane »

Hi Gerry,

It rained much of the day, but the sun came out in time to give us a beautiful sunset behind the main stage. But I like rain. Welsh rain is better than English rain, and Irish rain is better than Welsh rain. It is softer and lighter and more translucent. No, it really is. Don't mind Red Poppy, in reality he's a funny, charming Irishman, but he tends to get a bit uppity on here 8) . Mind you, I am not a fan of Anjani's style of music, but I found her quite agreeable in Mullingar, and as she is singing the words of The Man, I can just let it go by. Pity we missed you in Dublin, see you again some time, I'm sure.

Diane
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Hey Diane
It must be really cool to walk in the soft Welsh rain and cooler still to walk in the Irish mist.
My grandmother was Irish and she talked all the time about Ireland's weather being "soft". Not sure what that meant? You might know?
My mum (she was my mum's mum) just won't talk about her at all, like she's cut off her Irish roots and wants to forget where she came from. But, hey, that's people.

And Lizzy, you're right.I was in Bulgaria last week for a few days and it was sooooooo hot, even the natives were finding it tough going in their houses. Luckily the boat was air conditioned.
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

Hi Diane
Just loved your description of the irish rain 'translucent'? Wish it was like that all the time.
Pity i missed you all in Dublin, I'm sure you had a great time but ,as you say,maybe another time,hopefully when The Man decides its time to hit the road again.
I really love Anjani's style of music though.Late nite,small intimate jazz bar,drinks flowing.What could be better? Leonard there as well no doubt. What do you think?
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

You've just exactly described the gig in Joe's pub in NYC last April. And yes, The Len was there also!
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
Diane

Post by Diane »

Cue LC quote: "I don't consider myself a pessimist at all. I think of a pessimist as someone who is waiting for it to rain. And I feel completely soaked to the skin."

Gerry wrote:Hi Diane
...Late nite,small intimate jazz bar,drinks flowing.What could be better? Leonard there as well no doubt. What do you think?
I'll consult my diary and get back to you, Gerry. That's the best offer I've had all week.
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Hi Diane,
Would love to join you dudes, it sounds really cool, if you do organise something. Would that be ok?
Diane

Post by Diane »

Sure DM, please do come along, next meeting is not far away - in London on 20th October - see other gatherings section. Look forward to meeting you! Oh, you've been told twice - no excuse for forgetting then.

Return to “Blue Alert”