New edition of Blue Alert

lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

The look in her eyes is beautiful and compelling in both. The colour of her skin in the first one is emphasized more in the first one. Five, basic colours in the first one... in a very balanced way, including the black and the 'mushroom'-like colour nearly matching her skin in the background. There's a magical feeling in the first photo, and a feeling of reality in the second one. Ha. Wouldn't you just love having people analyzing two photos of you like this :roll: :wink: . We love you, Anjani, no matter our feelings on one or t'other of the photos. [Geesh]

~ Lizzy
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Anjani is Anjani in both photos, no doubt :wink: But the 2nd is usual cover photo, not very engaging. While first is simply misterious, calling, with great use of light, very apart. Both the photo and the model.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

. . . first is simply misterious, calling, with great use of light, very apart . . . the photo and the model
Yes 8)

~ Lizzy
margaret

Post by margaret »

I prefer the original cover photo too. The new one is the usual kind of glamour shot with super perfect make-up like you would find on magazine covers or advertisements selling skin creams or make-up. I don't think Anjani needs to be so overdone, but if that's what is deemed to sell albums these days then who am I to argue?!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Anjani's captivating, in and of herself... just point the camera. Add some care with angles and lighting... you're looking at the exquisite photo on the original album.

~ Lizzy
Manna

Post by Manna »

Hmmm. It's a tough call, and I am glad that I didn't have to make it. Of course, I want Anjani's album to do well, but if having less artful cover art is what I would have to do for that to happen, I don't konw if I could do it. I will extend mucho congratulations and my right arm in Anjani's, Lorca's & Leonard's general direction if this helps get the music into more ears.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

A photo that I would love to see on the cover of an album is the black & white one on the top right of the page in the Reviews section of Anjani's site at http://www.anjani-music.com/reviews.html ~ as you're looking slightly up and through her hair at the right side of her face, as she looks to her left.

It's difficult to imagine someone looking at this photo and not wanting to listen to the singer. Everything about it speaks "Anjani" to me... her gracefulness, elegance, and vulnerability in her face and this view of her. Pensive... with a tender thoughtfulness and gentle strength. Pure beauty in this irresistable photo. So appealing.

Love,
Lizzy

Return to “Blue Alert”