Popular Problems on Vinyl

This section is dedicated to the new studio album and the Dublin concert video
beatingthelilies

Popular Problems on Vinyl

Post by beatingthelilies »

Has anyone else pre-ordered Popular Problems on vinyl? When it arrives, feel free to share your thoughts of it here.
John Smith

Re: Popular Problems on Vinyl

Post by John Smith »

From Orders @ Sandbag UK

Dear Customer

Owing to Sony Music’s adjusted release date for the Popular Problems LP this is a courtesy email to inform you that the release date for this title is now 13/10/14.

With this in mind your pre order will now be shipped in order to align with this new release date and will be sent out one week later than previously stated and will now be released on 13/10/14.

With Thanks

Leonard Cohen's Store Team
Yes, and thanks, for the trouble you took from her eyes
I thought it was there for good so I never tried.
beatingthelilies

Thank you for the information. I preordered through Amazon so that information may not trickle down to them.
"You got me singin' like my vinyl's in the mail." 8)
beatingthelilies

My vinyl arrived a while back and I have been enjoying it. I do, however, have a small concern with my copy and I was wondering if it has affected anyone else. There seems to be extra hiss in the background singer's voice in 'Samson in New Orleans.' This hiss is only within this song so I highly doubt the turntable has a defective stylus. Has anyone else experienced this in their vinyl? I am still pleased with the overall quality and the great artwork :D
p_ryles

Post by p_ryles »

I can't say I've noticed, but that's not to say it's not there, just that I generally get to listen to the vinyl copy while I'm cooking and there's enough background noise that I might not hear it. As soon as I get the opportunity, i.e. no cooking going on and no kids around, I'll give it good listen and get back to you.
holydove

Post by holydove »

beatingthelilies wrote:My vinyl arrived a while back and I have been enjoying it. I do, however, have a small concern with my copy and I was wondering if it has affected anyone else. There seems to be extra hiss in the background singer's voice in 'Samson in New Orleans.' This hiss is only within this song so I highly doubt the turntable has a defective stylus. Has anyone else experienced this in their vinyl? I am still pleased with the overall quality and the great artwork :D
Hi beatingthelilies,

I've noticed some brief extraneous sounds in my vinyl in the first 2 songs; to me, it doesn't sounds like a hiss, but more like scratchy or squeaky sounds, like someone is scratching a plaster wall, or like a rubber sole squeaking on a tiled floor. Anyway, my husband, whose most recent hobby involves the study of vinyls, believes it's a dirt issue. He says that vinyls often have some amount of dust or dirt in the grooves, from the pressing process, even when they are new. So we tried cleaning the record with a record-cleaning brush & distilled water, & that decreased the frequency of the sounds, but some of them are still there. My husband says he is still 99% sure that it's dirt that's causing the sounds, & he thinks we probably just have to clean it more, or better, either with the same tools or more powerful ones. So, you might want to try cleaning your vinyl & see if that works. I agree, though, that the overall quality of the sound on the vinyl is very good.

Return to “2014 releases: Popular Problems & Live in Dublin”