Perth Meet-Up (Wed 13th)

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
Greg Ross

Perth Meet-Up (Wed 13th)

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations gentle folk

As you know, we are to be blessed once more with Lenny and the band's presence in Perth, down under. Bloody fantastic!! As only an Aussie, or Kiwi could say and get away with.

Ann and I are going … of course … we wouldn't be together if it wasn't for Leonard's music and The Forum! We know of two lovely people coming from Holland for the concert and figure there must be more, not to mention Cohenistas living in Perth, so we figure somebody's got to set up a pre-concert meet-up and probably a post-concert meet-up on the day.

The Forum seems the place to start, so, if you'd like to meet up before (and maybe, after the concert), let us know. I've got some ideas, just need to know you're interested. Contact me at: greg.w.ross@bigpond.com and I'll take it from there.
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
Greg Ross

Re: Perth Meet-Up (Wed 13th)

Post by Greg Ross »

It seems apart from some close friends who are Cohen aficionados, Gery & son (from Holland) and Christelle (from France), I haven't heard from anybody else who would like to be involved in a Perth pre-concert meet-up, so at the moment, quality, not quantity is very much to the fore! However, if you feel you have the quality to join this small, but select group, please let me know as soon as humanly possible.
Cheers
All Good Things
Greg

bogra

Post by bogra »

Why doesn't anybody react??? We would LOVE to meet many Cohen friends! We will be there! :-)
Aad & Gery
2008: Amsterdam / 2009: Antwerp / 2010: Strasbourg - Las Vegas / 2012: Gent - Amsterdam - Dublin - Verona - Lisbon / 2013: Brussels - Lucca - Rotterdam - Amsterdam - Perth - Melbourne
kymberleyb

Post by kymberleyb »

maybe its because

I saw a beggar leaning on his wooden crutch,
He said to me, "You must not ask for so much."
And a pretty woman leaning in her darkened door,
She cried to me, "Hey, why not ask for more?"

some of us are beggars and some of us are pretty woman aye :)

none of us should be hurt by it but... :) :)
Greg Ross

Re: Celebrating Oz Style

Post by Greg Ross »

Well we had a great 'night before the concert' last night, with Gerry and Aad from Holland and Christelle from France, plus fellow Perth-based Cohenites - close friends, who happen to be Dutch - Kate and Karin. Gery and Aad, gave us wonderful t-shirts, courtesy of Mandy and the Amsterdam Concert buttons Aad had designed, Aad and Gery also gave me a glorious malt whiskey - which he and I proceeded to try! Christelle brought beautiful flowers and a fabulous French Champers - Veuve Clicquot. We finished with wine, whiskey and champers in hand, watching Songs from the Road and I'm Your Man. Now we must rest for the concert tonight!!
Attachments
(L-r) Karin, Kate, Christelle, Gery, Aad and Ann, with yours truly on the right in the second pic.
(L-r) Karin, Kate, Christelle, Gery, Aad and Ann, with yours truly on the right in the second pic.
Recently Updated1.jpg (20.67 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
All Good Things
Greg

Greg Ross

Re: A lovely Poignant Tale

Post by Greg Ross »

A little story for fellow Cohenites - we have a much loved friend, Veronica, who has been battling breast cancer for the past 12 years - imagine 12 years of almost weekly chemotherapy! She came to the first of the new concerts (at Sandalford Winery back in 2009), but on the day of the 2010 Perth concert, she was given the shocking news that several tumours had developed in her brain and of course, she missed the concert.

But she's still with us, though things aren't easy. By sheer chance. another dear friend's (Kate), husband is away working and she has a spare ticket, so we've asked Veronica and she's coming with us! Tonight's concert will be very special indeed, for many reasons.
Attachments
Ann and Veronica at the WA Art Gallery a couple of weeks ago
Ann and Veronica at the WA Art Gallery a couple of weeks ago
IMG_20131009_122956.jpg (32.01 KiB) Viewed 8239 times
All Good Things
Greg

antipodean heart

Post by antipodean heart »

Greg I hope that you and all the Cohenites have a wonderful time tonight - good that you got an early start last night :D Not too much longer for us on the east coast to wait - waiting for the miracle to come :D

Jen
2009 Bowral and Venice | 2010 Ljubljana and LVx2 | 2012 Verona | 2013 Sydney, Townsville and.....|

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”