Meeting Mr Cohen

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
Muzza007

Meeting Mr Cohen

Post by Muzza007 »

Hi All, Does anybody know how open Mr Cohen or his team are after concerts to his fans waiting to get a more intimate audience with the maestro? I would really like to organise something officially if I could as a surprise birthday gift to my wife but other than through here have no Idea quite how to go about contacting management or the likes.
I have done so for other artists and the memories created are cherished highlights of our entire lives.
Any thoughts?
Andrew (Darby)

Re: Meeting Mr Cohen

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Muzza007, you can contact Leonard Cohen's management by visting the Leonard Cohen Files here: http://www.leonardcohenfiles.com/ and going to the second page there.

However, just so you don't get your hopes up, your chances of achieving your goal are fairly remote! Whilst on tour and given his age, Leonard is very much protected from any sort of demands that would add to those of his busy and undoubtedly exhausting schedule, so no fans (and most media folk) would ever have the chance to meet him in any formal or planned way, and by such requests.

You might achieve your goal by accident or hanging around likely hotel lobbies, the latter of which many would have moral qualms about doing. ;-)

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Muzza007

Post by Muzza007 »

Thamks for the heads up and yes I have moral and ethical issues stalking him like the paparazzi.
fayg29

Post by fayg29 »

Or you can be lucky and meet him in the street as I did in Dublin this year. Unforgettable! And I wasn't stalking, it was pure serendipity. 8)
2010: Hanging Rock
2012: Kilmainham
2013: Dublin
2013: The Hill Winery, Geelong
2013: The Palais, Melbourne

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”