Australian Tour???

The last leg of the Old Ideas tour in November and December 2013
adam1

Re: Australian Tour???

Post by adam1 »

Good work, team!

So going by those hints about the beginning and end, Frontier's post is in order of city.

If that's true December 22, the tour will end in Auckland. Also means for us NSW types, we can hit up multiple shows throughout the tour (Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong) without having to travel far. Nice!

Do we reckon this is gonna be his actual last show, or would he save that for something that's a little more of a spectacle/event, such as Montreal? (with no disrespect to Auckland!)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

This will be the last leg of the tour, no concerts elsewhere.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
adam1

Post by adam1 »

Wow. I think i might go over.

Thanks for the updates Jarkko!
Mikeaus

Post by Mikeaus »

Sydney & Bowral 2009. Lissadell Sligo July 2010 (what a night!). Sydney & Hanging Rock November 2010. Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley, Nov 2013. Sydney Opera House, Dec 2013.
Junk

Post by Junk »

No Hobart?!! :shock: My travel plans in disarray before they get started. :( ;-) :)
lindyasimus

Post by lindyasimus »

Here's hoping!

It appears likely that Frontier Touring will announce a return from the the fabled songwriter, poet, novelist and certified living legend Leonard Cohen this week.

According to an announcement on Frontier’s Facebook page a tour from “an international living legend” is headed to Australia later this year for shows in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Wollongong, Geelong, Adelaide, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. The promoters offer one other clue: that the artist’s “previous arena tours of Australia have been sell-outs.”

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/364 ... n-December
adam1

Post by adam1 »

BOOM: http://www.frontiertouring.com/leonardcohen

Nov 13, 2013
Perth Arena, Perth - All Ages
Nov 16, 2013
Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney - All Ages
Nov 20, 2013
Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne - All Ages
Nov 23, 2013
A Day On The Green - Bimbadgen Winery, Hunter Valley - All Ages
Nov 26, 2013
Cairns Convention Centre, Cairns - All Ages
Nov 28, 2013
Townsville Entertainment Centre, Townsville - All Ages
Nov 30, 2013
Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Brisbane - All Ages
Dec 4, 2013
WIN Entertainment Centre, Wollongong - All Ages
Dec 7, 2013
A Day On The Green - The Hill Winery, Geelong - All Ages
Dec 11, 2013
Adelaide Entertainment Centre, Adelaide - All Ages
Dec 14, 2013
CBS Arena, Christchurch - All Ages
Dec 17, 2013
TSB Bank Arena, Wellington - All Ages
Dec 21, 2013
Vector Arena, Auckland - All Ages
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

This is such an extensive tour of Oz - so cool that a number of smaller places are included, allowing more fans (and potential new ones) to see our man!!! :o 8) :D

Cheers,
Andrew :)
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

OK, Frontier announced it at midnight local time - AEG said it has to be at midnight UK time (and that makes a big difference!)
I have posted the information now.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Ronaldson

Post by Ronaldson »

Andrew (Darby) wrote:This is such an extensive tour of Oz - so cool that a number of smaller places are included, allowing more fans (and potential new ones) to see our man!!! :o 8) :D
The recent tour through Canada (Fall 2012 & Spring 2013) was also extensive. In fact, it was so thorough that I couldn't help but wonder if the organizers were regarding it as a bit of a farewell tour. Of course, nobody is closing the door on the future, and LC likes to joke about smoking a cigarette again on stage when he is eighty (though Jarkko does say that there are no concerts in 2014). But perhaps this is the end of the epic tours, with only a few select concerts taking place in the future. Admittedly, I have had similar thoughts in the past, even in the early weeks after that first concert in Fredericton. So who really knows? In any event, it is probably best to enjoy the experience now as much as we can (within the limits of geographical and financial inconvenience ;-)) .
Andrew (Darby)

Post by Andrew (Darby) »

Incidentally, I have to say that I was really taken by this nice little quote below that the Frontier Touring Company used in their email advice to us all. 8)
" His three-hour sets are the Sistine Chapel ceiling of live performance: their exquisite beauty renders you silent, sometimes tearful but always grateful to have been able to experience such radiance and majesty." - The Telegraph

Cheers,
'I cannot give the reasons
I only sing the tunes
The sadness of the seasons
The madness of the moons'
~ Mervyn Peake ~
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Andrew (Darby) wrote:Incidentally, I have to say that I was really taken by this nice little quote below that the Frontier Touring Company used in their email advice to us all. 8)
" His three-hour sets are the Sistine Chapel ceiling of live performance: their exquisite beauty renders you silent, sometimes tearful but always grateful to have been able to experience such radiance and majesty." - The Telegraph

Cheers,
I don't normally take much notice of press quotes but that one is just perfect.

Wendy
B4real

Re: Australian Tour!!!

Post by B4real »

It's 2:30 am here in Queensland and I couldn't sleep and now I know the reason why!!

I am still in disbelief that Queensland has 3 cities included. :D

Andrew,
I just received that same email from Frontier Touring as well!
A couple of wineries included this time around.

After all this time waiting patiently and watching everyone from the other side of the world enjoying themselves, at last it is our turn :D :D :D

THANK YOU, LEONARD!!!!
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
skipper1967

Post by skipper1967 »

Wow, great timing for me. Was worried tickets would go on sale while I was in the US later this month.

Now to decide which shows to attend. I do love the Sydney Entertainment Centre, and they are about to pull the old girl down.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I am over-the-moon happy for Australia and New Zealand! I guess I read wrong or misunderstood what Jarkko wrote on the other thread!!!
Patience rewarded 8) :D 8) :D 8) !!!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “TOUR 2013 IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND”