Leonard's Final Tour

Everything about the first leg of Leonard Cohen's World Tour 2013
sanQ

Leonard's Final Tour

Post by sanQ »

Dear Fellow Cohen Fans:

I am most happy that many of you have gotten your tickets and are going to Leonard's last tour.

I am not in that same position. I am a business student and of course I cannot afford to purchase a $300 ticket on a student loan where I only get $600 a month.

I am so disappointed. If ever I should have been at a concert, it should have been on this tour.

It's depressing. I had to share and express my sorrow because he is going to be retiring. I will have lived without being able to see this real poet.

The regret I already feel for not being able to afford the Regina show next month ways on me heavily. Life is not fair.

Sadly,

sanQ
LisaLCFan

Re: Leonard's Final Tour

Post by LisaLCFan »

Where did you get the idea that this is Mr. Cohen's "final tour"? Nobody has said that.

There is a range of ticket prices, as well, with the cheapest at $59.50. I know that is still a lot for a student, but it isn't $300.
Hermes

Post by Hermes »

There are a lot of ways to find some money. Use your creative brain, you're young, you're a student so you have a lot of opportunities. If you sit down for a moment I bet you can come up with at least 25 things you could do. Okay I'm in a good mood today, I'll give you 3 options: 1. Instead of gifts aks for money for your birthday, tell your family and friends that you are saving money for this concert. 2. Ask your boss if you can work some extra hours. 3. Post on twitter and facebook that you are saving money for a Leonard Cohen concert and that you want to swap selfmade things for money, things like: a drawing, applepie, a poem, a customized shirt, a greetingcard, a photo and so on.
Good luck & don't give up, ever.
Steve Wilcox

Post by Steve Wilcox »

Man, I'm trying also to resist replying to this post - since I don't even know what the point of such a post could possibly be on a forum like this.

But that a business student - at a Canadian University - can't figure out how to raise say $60 - $160 over the course of a few months is <fill in the blank>.

Also, that anyone would remark that life is not fair because they can't get tickets to a music concert, well, life is not fair - tell the billions of people who have real problems.
POZEST

Post by POZEST »

SanQ,

You must go to a concert.  While I hope this isn't LC's last tour, I have to accept, time is not on our side.

And that is why you must go to your nearest concert. 

Don't have transportation?  Take a bus, ride a bike, skateboard, or Walk. 

Next,  You need to hustle money.  Post at your school, library, civic center, laundrymat and market: 

Starving STudent saving for a Leonard Cohen Ticket.

Will wash your car, help you spring clean, and/or tutor your kids, or other odd jobs.

Call SanQ at 213-xxx-xxxx

I am positive you will get a few hits.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by.

What city do you live in? Where do you go to school at?
scocoh

Post by scocoh »

If random people on a forum have to give a business student tips on raising $60... Perhaps it's time to think about a change in majors. Then again, some people just go for a business degree because it will help them get a good job after graduation, and they have no real aptitude for it outside of working for a corporation. Others have a real entrepreneurial mind and go to business school to learn basics of business with an eye toward doing their own thing.
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

Good advice friends. But. Mmm.. A troll methinks. Look at SanQ's only other post...
To live outside the law you must be honest
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

sanQ wrote:Dear Fellow Cohen Fans:sanQ
Hi!
This is good advice of friends-fans. Every time I work a double. I do not want gifts for Christmas and birthdays. This is a simple and effective way.
Hold on! Good luck :D
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
Spindrift

Post by Spindrift »

Do you have any evidence that this will be the final tour?

Return to “THE SPRING 2013 TOUR IN NORTH AMERICA”