London 02 Arena question

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Old Sock

London 02 Arena question

Post by Old Sock »

Hi,

I just wanted to ask anyone here who knows the 02 well a question.

I'm going to see the great man on Sunday 15th with my parents, both of whom have work very early the following morning. Originally I got tickets because it was to be on Saturday 14th, alas, that was not to be, so now we have to try and get out of there a.s.a.p and get home once it's over.

Anyway, my question is - we are seated in Block 101, which I guess is on the side nearest North Greenwich tube station - how long does it take to get out from that block to the tube, and is it wise to leave before the last song or two to beat the rush for the tube? We have to get back home to Surrey.

I'm guessing the concert will run on past 11pm, so we'll probably have to leave before or during the last encore. A shame, but my old folks are too stubborn/loyal to their employers to take the next morning off work.

Diane

Re: London 02 Arena question

Post by Diane »

Hi Sock. I don't know the 02 well, but the tube station is right next to the O2 and it's obviously up to you whether you leave early or get caught in the crush:-) Not sure about the other UK concerts but Cardiff finished about 11.15pm. I hope you and your parents enjoy the evening.
---
Can anyone tell me what it's like up in Level 4 towards the back at the O2? I don't care about the height but do you have a clear view of the stage and screens or is your vision partly blocked? I am still unsure whether I can make this concert and haven't got a ticket yet.
ciaran

Post by ciaran »

Diane wrote:Can anyone tell me what it's like up in Level 4 towards the back at the O2? I don't care about the height but do you have a clear view of the stage and screens or is your vision partly blocked? I am still unsure whether I can make this concert and haven't got a ticket yet.
Diane.. I went to see Coldplay in the O2 almost 2 years ago. My friend much prefers to sit up in the rafters - she says you get a much better feel for the whole concert up there... so the seats were cheap but the view was good. There were a number of big video screens around the arena; I don't know what LC will do on that score, so I might consider some opera glasses :) The band was very tiny all the way down there! Usually, I do suffer a bit from vertigo but found that even those high, far away seats were fine...

So I, for one, would take the risk...

Ciarán
Diane

Post by Diane »

Thank you Ciarán:-) I'll need to make a last-minute decision so it's very helpful to know that. I imagine the sound will be good venue-wide too, if previous LC concerts are anything to go by.
Keizer

Post by Keizer »

I saw the Brighton concert recently and there were screens either side of the stage, even though the venue isn't huge.

I'm sure the best use will be made of whatever the 02 has to offer.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Old sock last time I went to the O2 to see Leonard in hindsight I would have left before the end it took me three hours to get home to Crystal Palace the crush for transport is overwhelming worth leaving slightly earlier.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
DMark

Post by DMark »

An alternative is to use the Thames Clipper to get back to central London. See http://www.theo2.co.uk/location/thames-clippers.html
Tickets can be pre-booked.
Old Sock

Post by Old Sock »

We left during Closing Time, and we were home dead on midnight, not bad, turns out that was the last song anyway. I thought we'd miss one more encore.
It definitely helps to sit on the side of the building where blocks 101, 102, 103 etc. are if you want to get out ahead of the queue.
Really great concert, surprisingly good sound for a such a big venue too.
Very inspirational performer, life affirming even :)

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”