London 15.9.13

A new, growing section for more exciting news
duffieldbish

London 15.9.13

Post by duffieldbish »

I will of course be in on London on 15 September, not August as indicated in my earlier post! Have arranged to meet another forum member at the O2 - would anyone else like to meet us there or to travel with me from Premier Inn Stratford?

Jane DB
dsc

set times at O2

Post by dsc »

i thought i had posted this?...
anyway, i am unable to getto teh )2 before about 9 on sunday (longstory).
the website says start at 7,30 and interval 9- 9.20.
if this is correct half a show is better than none. can anyone confirm?
i was luck y top get the £1 tickets, so its not the end of the world.
Mabeanie1

Re: set times at O2

Post by Mabeanie1 »

The timings are correct. The concert will finish at 11 or maybe 11:15 pm if there is a delayed start so you should get almost 2 hours of the 3 hour concert if you arrive at 9.

Wendy
dsc

Post by dsc »

thanks. i think thats worth the effort.
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

Mabeanie1 wrote:The timings are correct. The concert will finish at 11 or maybe 11:15 pm if there is a delayed start so you should get almost 2 hours of the 3 hour concert if you arrive at 9.

Wendy

sadly the concert finished promptly at 10.45pm :-(

So this fellow would have only seen 1hour25mins of leonard (interval was 9.00-9.25pm)
Mabeanie1

Re: London 15.9.13

Post by Mabeanie1 »

It was the earliest finish of any LC concert I have ever been to, a full 30 mins earlier than all the other UK concerts. I was told that the 10:45 pm curfew was because the tubes finish early on a Sunday and they need 3 to get the full crowd away from the venue. I have no idea how accurate that is - we drove and all I can say is that the car parks cleared remarkably quickly and we were home by 2:00 am.

BTW 1hr 25 mins isn't bad at all by anyone's standards. That's a whole set for many artists and well worth the journey to the O2. Half a glass is better than no glass at all.

Wendy
songwriter

Post by songwriter »

Mabeanie1 wrote:It was the earliest finish of any LC concert I have ever been to, a full 30 mins earlier than all the other UK concerts. I was told that the 10:45 pm curfew was because the tubes finish early on a Sunday and they need 3 to get the full crowd away from the venue. I have no idea how accurate that is - we drove and all I can say is that the car parks cleared remarkably quickly and we were home by 2:00 am.

BTW 1hr 25 mins isn't bad at all by anyone's standards. That's a whole set for many artists and well worth the journey to the O2. Half a glass is better than no glass at all.

Wendy

Indeed Wendy. If I had to pick a half it would certainly have been the second.

I think that is probably quite accurate, I suppose most people will also need to get connecting trains from central london. I also drove, but parked in a free carpark around 25mins walk away. I was happy to save the money but I'm getting too old to be doing that sort of a hike down dark south east london backstreets at that time of night!

It's just such a tragedy that if the gig had occurred on the saturday we would have an extra 30mins probably.
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Mabeanie1 wrote:It was the earliest finish of any LC concert I have ever been to, a full 30 mins earlier than all the other UK concerts. I was told that the 10:45 pm curfew was because the tubes finish early on a Sunday and they need 3 to get the full crowd away from the venue. I have no idea how accurate that is - we drove and all I can say is that the car parks cleared remarkably quickly and we were home by 2:00 am.

Wendy
It certainly ended abruptly and - as noted elsewhere - only one or two verses of Closing Time were played. Still a brilliant concert and perhaps we have become spoiled by the three and a half hour shows. The curfew thing is weird though because I checked beforehand and on Sundays the last tube to central london is actually 2345- and they are every 4 to 5 minutes before then .. I hardly rushed out last night after the end but was able to get on a train with almost no hassle at all!

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
Paula

Post by Paula »

Paul I think the problem lies not with the tubes but with the overhead trains.

The stamina of an almost octogenarian is incredible the guy is a bloody legend!!!
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”