leeds concert meetup

A new, growing section for more exciting news
Suz

Re: leeds concert meetup

Post by Suz »

Hi there I'm going to the Leeds concert and I'm from Leeds so if you want to know more info about Leeds I may be able to help. Haven't been in the ship for a while but its not a bad little pub. Is the meet up open to all?
There are a few old fashioned boozers next to the Ship on Briggate, The Packhorse, The Angel and Whitelocks. So if you get time you could try these. Whitelocks is a favourite with many.
If you are staying longer in Leeds you could try the Adelphi (lower Briggate/Hunslet Rd), The Victoria (behind the town hall) or the Palace (next to Leeds Parish Church now known as Leeds Minster).
These are all traditional Pubs if you want more Gastro Pubs or cheap as chips ones let me know. :)
There are lots of nice places to eat too. So excited that Leonard is coming to Leeds.
stan

Post by stan »

hi suz, thanks for the imformation its great, cant wait for the concert, it will be brill as usual and hope you enjoy it.x
liverpool, Manchester,Leeds.
birminghamfan

Post by birminghamfan »

Hi Suz - all are welcome at our meet- up ! I was in Leeds briefly yesterday . Dropped in to the Ship - lovely proper pub , good beer . I walked past it at first- just in case anyone else is as unobservant as I am , the Briggate frontage is tiny and the front door is down a little alleyway almost opposite Harvey Nicks
Off to Scotland for two weeks soon , then Leonards UK tour to look forward to ! See you all soon Steve
suerussell

Post by suerussell »

Hi all

On my holidays at the minute , but so happy to see we are gathering a bit of a crowd from the forum for a meet up before the concert!

Will be wonderful to meet with fellow fans as am sure you will all know it is always a blessing to be able to talk about Leonard!

I have googled Whitelocks as suggested and it looks to be a much bigger place than the ship and not to far away from there.

How about we meet at the Ship and if there is a too many for the Ship we can move on to Whitelocks? Or do you all think we should just change venue to there?

Also it seems the Hilton Doubleday is popular as a place to stay so look forward to seeing people on the terrace overlooking the canal there!
stan

Post by stan »

Hi Sue, if everyone is reading this page i think we will go with your idea, keep us informed. :D cant wait.
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Tickets just arrived!! :D :D :D ;-) ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
stan

Post by stan »

Wheres mine??????? :(
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

On their way Stan ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
stan

Post by stan »

thanks. :lol:
mike.barker58

Leeds curfew time

Post by mike.barker58 »

Anyone know when the curfew comes into force at the First Direct Arena?
stan

Post by stan »

Sorry mate did not know there was one.
suerussell

Post by suerussell »

Got my tickets! Have yours not come yet Stan?

No curfew thing around the internet???

O2 london had some issues with that but not heard that Leeds was issuing curfews.

Am getting so excited now..I have even bought new T Shirts!!!! Does anyone know who are all the people on the T shirt I got free when I ordered one online??
I just know I am going to be asked the question and though I can identify parents, Roshi, Hank Williams, need help with the others, otherwise I will not look good especially since I have been a fan from 1973!

Hope we are all still up for meeting in the Ship around 4pm for drinks and eats if anyone wants that. Leeds is such a vibrant city I hope we will get visitors from far flung parts and we can all enjoy the northern ambiance while indulging our love of Leonard.
stan

Post by stan »

Got my ticket! :lol: and yes im all for the meet at the ship at 4, and i think we should all be able to work the tee shirt out between us. :?
Zimmy66

Post by Zimmy66 »

suerussell wrote: Does anyone know who are all the people on the T shirt I got free when I ordered one online??
Hi Sue

Have only seen t-shirt on website, but think it is copy of pass for Las Vegas show. If so, it'll be Roshi, Hank Williams, Ray Charles, Edith Piaf, Lorca, Yeats, Irving Layton, LC's parents, St Kateri Tekakwitha & Ramesh.

So looking forward to next Saturday's gig. :D

Robert
To live outside the law you must be honest
suerussell

Post by suerussell »

Thanks for the info Zimmy!

Not long now for Leeds, excitement building!

See you all soon :D

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”