CONCERT REPORT: Paris, France, June 18, 2013

A new, growing section for more exciting news
B4real

Re: CONCERT REPORT: PARIS (June 18, 2013)

Post by B4real »

And the UHTC is once again off and running!
Thanks everyone for your reports, links and photos.
Maarten, as something different, I love the photo of Raphael's eyes peering over his drum kit 8)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

Maarten wrote:Hi
Here's a link to my photo album on FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... e00a83d886
Feel free to share!

Maarten
Maarten: your Fotos are sooooooooo beautiful! Please visit some more Concerts from Leonard (not only because of the Pictures). Hope to see you, we will go to Oberhausen, Montreux, Hamburg, Berlin, Vienna and Zürich...
Thanks so very, very much!
Uwe + Susanne
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

At 2:30 is he saying "I caught the future..?"
Hartmut

Post by Hartmut »

basecamp wrote:...an Leonard changed the lyrics of Darkness! "I caught the future." :-)
Did he do that on purpose? Maybe it was just a mental spillover from the line 'I've got no future'.

And did he also sing: 'I have seen the darkness, brother, it is murder'?
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

I guess we'll have to wait for video of his next performance of The Darkness to know whether it was a lyric change or just a bit of interference from The Future. I'm guessing a slip. Every performer does it occasionally.
twickmag

Post by twickmag »

Wasn't quite clear what he was singing just prior to introducing Rafael?
2008 London O2
2009 Weybridge
2010 Zagreb, Las Vegas
HelenOE

Post by HelenOE »

twickmag wrote:Wasn't quite clear what he was singing just prior to introducing Rafael?
That didn't seem like actual lyrics to me... more like scatting or verbal percussion. Leonard the beatboxer?
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Thanks, Maarten! Gorgeous pictures!!
twickmag wrote:Wasn't quite clear what he was singing just prior to introducing Rafael?
The same African/Native Nations/??? rhythmic chant as it was in Boston.
holydove

Post by holydove »

Thank you to everyone for the great reports, photos, & videos!! I've been eagerly awaiting news about this concert, so everyone's posts are greatly appreciated. It is so exciting & wonderful to see Leonard & the UHTC back onstage, looking happy & energized & beautiful as ever, & off to a fantastic start!

Wow, Darkness is amazing!! The "I caught the future" lyric seems deliberate to me, because he sings it twice - unless the 1st time was a slip, & he decided he liked it, so he kept it for the second time. . .but the second time, esp., looks very deliberate to me, & it looks like the band members were surprised by it too. We shall have to wait & see if that lyric makes another appearance. The fabulous chant is also in a different place - it used to be at the end; & he added another "but darkness was the prize" at the end. I love what Leonard has been doing with this song, & I love it more each time I hear/see it performed. I look forward to seeing the rest of the videos!
lekiddupetitbreuil

Post by lekiddupetitbreuil »

LC&LC wrote:the hickup of the evening, and it was not a small hickup was the attitude of the security guards. Rude and violent (pushing someone because this person is waiting to speak to Roscoe or to Rafael is simply not admissible). I have sent a letter to the COO of Bercy today. Being French, I want to apologise to all my friends who had to interact with them.
I fully agree with you about the security. Could you please send me a PM with the contact name of Bercy's COO ? I would like to also send him an email...

BUT the concert was great. Even if Bercy is not the best location, compared to Olympia for instance, Leonard's performance was just perfect. La Manic was a lovely surprise.
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

holydove wrote:The fabulous chant is also in a different place - it used to be at the end
Actually, not (Boston, 16th). It precedes the last strophe (although these strophes are different).
holydove

Post by holydove »

Goldin wrote:Actually, not (Boston, 16th). It precedes the last strophe (although these strophes are different).
Yes, I realized after I made the post, that I might have been wrong about that. Thanks for the correction, Goldin!
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

A 14 minute compilation video created/uploaded by Patxi Marijo -

Leonard Cohen en Paris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRxbnB96NM0
Goldin

Post by Goldin »

Another Patxi Marijo's video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzAc0vmM718 -
I'd say, a nice introduction to Paris, with brief clips from the beginning of each LC concert set.

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”