jarkko
Site Admin

PARIS (June 18) NOW ON SALE

Post by jarkko »

A new concert has been announced:

Paris, France, June 18, 2013
Venue: Palais Omnisports de Bercy

Our presale has closed.

The concert is on sale at http://www.topbillet.com/fr/meeting/151 ... 5150530306
and http://www.topbillet.com/uk/node/15133? ... 0557540401

Photo source: http://www.aviewoncities.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palais_Omn ... aris-Bercy
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Rodin

So more arena gigs?

Post by Rodin »

Include me out.
Misunderstood
Vansingel

Re: PRESALE TO PARIS (June 18) NEXT MONDAY

Post by Vansingel »

Hello
I tried to register for Wembley, but I couldn't obtain a good ticket. I never used the presales. Could you please help me in this : should I just go to the link without needing to do anything more ?

***Yes. Just follow the link we will show; it takes you to the seller's website. / Jarkko***

Thanks for the answers. But I cannot make reservation on presale for Paris either ?
Last edited by Vansingel on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeventhSon

Post by SeventhSon »

This summer I've been to the Palais omnisports and I liked the venue a lot. It's nothing compared to the Olympia of course, but it could be worse!

For those of you who want to save some money: Normally they sell seats with "restricted view" that are located behind the stage. I must admit, that those seats were one of the best I ever had for a concert. They were quite cheap compared to the rest and offered a unique view. The only inconvenient is that you see the stage from behind, but if you've seen Leonard and the band often enough, you should try it. Saves a lot of money ;-)
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I suppose things could be worse than looking at the Webb Sisters backsides!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

John Etherington wrote:I suppose things could be worse than looking at the Webb Sisters backsides!
:oops:

Thankyou again to Jarkko for this opportunity,but i think we all agree that this slow release of tour plans is frustrating and makes it impossible for us to plan the best location(S) to enjoy leonard next year
I'm wondering whether a paris concert just a few days before a london concert indicates that if there are to be any more uk concerts they will be after june 21st ??
It's a guessing game
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Quite right, it does make it quite difficult, especially for those people that only have so much they can afford to pay out on one, or possibly two gigs. It must be painful to book one concert and then later find that LC will be playing closer and perhaps also at a lesser price. It's galling for sure for many "fans" of LC's but I guess it is still being planned by some of those people that LC spoke about at Wembley, after the Hop Farm fiasco.

Paris for us means a 30 minute drive to park the car in Rennes (better choice of train times that getting on the train in Saint Malo) then an approximate two hour trip on the TGV in to Montparnasse. So possibly, apart from another gig in Caen, or Nantes the best we personally can hope for. We tend to take a tourists point of view when we go to an event in Paris and like cohenadmirer said before, take in the city as part of the concert. Lots of places and arrondisements to stay in of course, personally we tend to seek a small apartment to give us a little more freedom whilst there.

So it's everything crossed for a far better pre-sale allocation than it was just recently for the O2.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Kali

Post by Kali »

I'm hoping dublin will b included.
John Etherington

Astrologically, I'm expecting the tour to start around June 7th, when transiting Jupiter trines Leonard's natal Jupiter (but I may be wrong).
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Yep, you are. That timing is reserved for our Hydra meet-up! ;-)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
John Etherington

In that case I'll opt for June 15th when transiting Jupiter squares Leonard's natal Sun. Maybe Leonard will be making a "surprise" appearance on Hydra around 7th? If so, please give him my very best wishes, and tell him that if I miss a U.K. tour for the first time ever, it's because of the ------- ticket agencies!
Caren

Post by Caren »

I was hoping for Paris. Great news.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Not sure how this sits with pre-sales on this forum but GDP (Gerard Drouot Productions) have just sent out emails advertising the LC concert in Paris with this message at the end.

PREVENTE EXCLUSIVE LUNDI 17 DECEMBRE DES 10H SUR GDP.FR
(EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE Monday, December 17 10H ON THE GDP.FR)

Taking the forums own pre-sale from Jarkko's message "We will have this link up at 9 am CET next Monday December 17" then it appears that members on this forum will have an hour to buy tickets before GDP open their own exclusive pre-sale I guess this should give most members enough time?
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
Neil from The Young Ones
holydove

Post by holydove »

Vicomte wrote:Not sure how this sits with pre-sales on this forum but GDP (Gerard Drouot Productions) have just sent out emails advertising the LC concert in Paris with this message at the end.

PREVENTE EXCLUSIVE LUNDI 17 DECEMBRE DES 10H SUR GDP.FR
(EXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE Monday, December 17 10H ON THE GDP.FR)
Thank you for that info, Vicomte. I'm wondering if GDP will be the ticketseller for our presale. Last time, I & many others had alot of problems with them - from the moment the presale began (website was dysfunctional - got up at 3 a.m. & couldn't access website for 2 hrs. & then it looked like all the good seats were gone, then someone (thankfully) provided a different link that brought us to the same ticket seller, but still all the good seats were gone for Sat. night, etc., etc.. . .) - to the moment the concerts began (months later when we had to wait on long, slow-moving lines to collect our tickets at the theater, because GDP had only one person handing them out - people missed the beginning, they had to start the concert late, etc., etc.). I'm still very grateful for the presale, the concerts were awesome, I'm happy I went - just saying, GDP was not the greatest experience. The Olympia was such a wonderful venue - too bad they won't be there again. Anyway, my question is: can we know if GDP be the ticketseller for the presale & if so, will they be the only ticketseller in the public sale too?
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Being that the concert is in France, it will almost certainly be GDP who will be the main ticket provider, both in pre-sales and after.

Yes, I have to agree, GDP have been pretty poor on occasion.
Neil from The Young Ones

Return to “THE SUMMER 2013 TOUR IN EUROPE”