First Cohen Concert

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
Caryn

First Cohen Concert

Post by Caryn »

Hi All!

My husband and I are attending our first Leonard Cohen concert on the 23rd in Chicago.
Can hardly wait! I'm near the end of I'm Your Man, by Sylvie Simmons, my "prep work" ha ha
I've been looking at the set lists from previous concerts. Wow! How long does the whole concert usually last?
Also, anyone know how early we should arrive to get will call tickets?
And a HUGE thanks to all here who made the pre-sales available! Our budget only afforded us
Section 109, Row S, hoping they are pretty good seats, but just thrilled to imagine being in the same
room with the genius.
Andrea14

Re: First Cohen Concert

Post by Andrea14 »

Hi Caryn,
I'm going on the final night in NY and this will be my first Leonard concert too- but he's been an important part of my inner life for 42 years!
When I accidentally discovered he'd been touring again in the last few years -( I'd never dreamed but as always, everything's possible that we make possible) - well,I promised myself if he went on the road again I'd see him, so like you I'm very excited about it. I've lived in Florida the last 30 years and sadly have still not met another here who knows Leonard Cohen, so it's a pleasure to have this board to share on. I've "prepared" too by renting several of the concert & other dvds on him (& ended up buying 2!); thinking I may hold on reading the book until after to help deal with it being over!
Glad to share your " first time" anticipation- just a day away for you- Enjoy!, Andrea
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

You guys are in for a treat! I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time (I know you will!).

And, Caryn, arriving an hour beforehand should be plenty of time to pick up the will-call tickets. Expect the concert to last at least 3.5 hours!

Enjoy!!
maroo

Post by maroo »

First time you' ve ever remembered!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!
Dublin 14/15th September 2012
Caryn

Post by Caryn »

Hi all, thanks for the replys.
We are in Chicago, hours away from being with Leonard!
We are really close to the theatre and planned to be there at 7 for the 8pm show. So glad to know an hour will be plenty of time. We drove over from Michigan listening to our LC-CDs, we are ready!
Andrea, I know what you mean about nobody knowing about LC. I have been telling people and talking about it and they are like Who?? Sooo many people are missing out. I counted and I think we are on about the 19th row dead center, if I figured correctly. My husband said, "hey we should really be able to see him!". Yeahhh we will!
Can you tell I'm excited?! Thanks again everyone. I'll plan to update after. :D

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”