Meet-up in Ottawa

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
don

Meet-up in Ottawa

Post by don »

Hi, everyone. Four weeks to go until the Ottawa concert.

Those of us with pre-sale tickets must pick them up at Scotiabank a couple of hours before the show. Perhaps we can meet up in the shopping centre nearby? Baton-Rouge is one option.

Any further thoughts?
d.
Don Cummer
Ottawa, Canada/Dublin, Ireland
evelyn

Re: Meet-up in Ottawa

Post by evelyn »

Good idea - let's have a meep-up before the concert!

cheers,
evelyn
patty

Post by patty »

Hi. Yes, I think a meet up before or after would be good. I am going with a largish group, we have a box. I will check for numbers.
There are a couple of spaces free, if anyone still is looking for tickets.
don

Post by don »

Hi, Patty. Welcome to the forum. I think you're gonna like it here!

The only restaurant I know of at the Centrum shopping centre that could possibly handle large numbers of Cohenistas is Baton Rouge -- but then, I'm not all that familiar with what's available in Kanata. There's also an East Side Mario's nearby. Does anyone else have a suggestion?

I'll keep my antennae out for people who might want to join you in the box. What a great way to see the concert!
d.
Don Cummer
evelyn

Post by evelyn »

Welcome to the Forum, Patty!

If I didn't already have a ticket I would join you in the box!

evelyn
don

Post by don »

Patty, as discussed: I have someone for two of those tickets. I'm sure there will be no problems finding a third buyer.
d
Don Cummer
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Hi Don,

How about O'Connor's Irish Pub in the Centrum? It could handle large numbers.

Mary

http://www.oconnorsirishpub.com/home.php
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
don

Post by don »

Works for me, Mary. How many do you think we're expecting? We're not getting a lot of response on the forum.
d
Don Cummer
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I'm not sure. It doesn't look like there will be many, but people may come forward nearer to the date of the concert. I'll be coming with my son.
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
don

Post by don »

I'll look forward to meeting your son, Mary. I need to meet up with friends before the show after I've picked up the tickets.
d
Don Cummer
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

I will be there as well, with my sister. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again. I don't know the restaurant that well, do you know Mary if it is accessible? My sister has a physical disability.

If you guys are up to anything on the Saturday night, my community (New Edinburgh) is hosting an homage to LC on Saturday the 8th. We will show a few NFB films by/about/inspired by Leonard, plus at least one independent short film. Plus a little poetry, and lots of wine and cheese, conversation. It should be fun. I will put the poster up for it here shortly. Tickets are $5 (all proceeds to our community centre), cash bar. If any of you know where to find a copy of "I'm a Hotel", please let me know!

Montreal will be my first concert of this tour, I can't wait to see Joan of Arc (and everything else of course).

Paula
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
don

Post by don »

What a terrific idea, Paula. Hope we can get lots of people out to your community centre.
d
Don Cummer
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

Hi Paula. I'll check out O'Connor's but I'm pretty sure that it is accessible.

Mary
evelyn

Post by evelyn »

Hi Paula,

I have a VHS copy of I Am a Hotel.
Can you play it?

evelyn
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava »

Evelyn, thanks so much! I'm checking with our technical support ... surely it is possible. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,
Paula
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”