Meet up New York December 18th

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
Nanila

Re: Meet up New York December 18th

Post by Nanila »

Hi Sheila,

that's what I think, too!
Despite of religion, nationality, color of skin( or hair :)), there is something that unites us!
We will check in already on Sunday and discover the city, being in New York for the first time, quite an adventure!

Rachel already proposed some possible meeting points, so we just have to make a decision.
Which one would you prefer?

Funny, you will stay at the same hotel, so, I'm sure we'll meet each other!
See you soon,
Renate
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

sbrownblei wrote:Funny, you will stay at the same hotel, so, I'm sure we'll meet each other!
I booked it because you are staying there...just look for me. Sheila Brown-Blei. What is your name, so I can make sure to find you. I will try to figure out my cell phone, and give you the number.

Are you going to go downtown and look at the 9/11 site? Really sad, I lived through it...can't get over it.
I want to go to Chinatown on my way home for Dim Sum...love it. All I miss about NY is the food :lol:
Sheila
There's a crack, a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Sheila and Nanila/ Renate

It is lovely that you are forging a friendship through the arrangements for the New York concert, but just a thought: you may want to take the conversation private rather than revealing names, hotel, cell numbers etc on a public forum. You can send a private message (PM) or e-mail to each other simply by clicking on the buttons under your forum name on the right hand side of the page.

You will then be able to discuss your plans for your trip to New York without the rest of the world looking on.

I hope that helps!

Wendy
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

Hi Wendy,

thanks for the advice, in fact, I was already thinking about it!
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Sheila and Nanila/ Renate

It is lovely that you are forging a friendship through the arrangements for the New York concert, but just a thought: you may want to take the conversation private rather than revealing names, hotel, cell numbers etc on a public forum. You can send a private message (PM) or e-mail to each other simply by clicking on the buttons under your forum name on the right hand side of the page.

You will then be able to discuss your plans for your trip to New York without the rest of the world looking on.

I hope that helps!

Wendy
You would think I would know that...being a native NYorker...duh!!! Thanks. I am almost playing with the idea of getting a ticket for the Brooklyn venue...anyone going to that one???
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

Sheila,

just sent you an e-mail! :)
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

The concert Live in London '08 is on public TV here in Delaware...this was the first time I was turned on to this talent, when I saw it the first time. I have the DVD and watch it all the time. That is why I support Public TV.
loska

Post by loska »

Hello Ladies,

My name is Wanda and i am so happy about this meetup and would like to meet you all. I am flying fromm Sarasota FL alone and I was just hoping that I could meet another LC fan and here is already a whole group. What a joy!

I am arriving on Tuesday and will stay in NYC until Thursday, so I am open for a meeting on Wednesday as well. I did a similar trip on previous LC tour, when he was performing in Radio City, it was the best concert in my life.

I am staying at Chandler Hotel - perhaps someone else is there too?

sunny greetings from Sarasota,
Wanda
2009 New York, 2009 Tampa, 2012 New York, 2013 Tampa
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

Hi Wanda,

welcome and looking forward to meeting you too,
it wil be wonderful!
Im a bit in a hurry and waiting for a new post from Rachel,
We just have to make a decision where and when to meet,
Until later,
See you,
Renate!
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
holydove

Post by holydove »

I am back home now, & this is the list of people who want to come to the meetup so far:

Renate +1, Sue, angelofcompassion +1, Christelle, Sheila, Wanda, me & Bob.

So that's 10 people. I think Cafe31 looks good, so I will call in the next couple of days & make a reservation for 10 people for around 5:30, if that's okay for everyone. I'm hoping we can pick up our will-call tickets before the meetup, but still have to check what time the box office opens. If anyone else wants to come to the meetup, please post here in the next couple of days.

Renate, thank you for your good wishes - Montreal & Quebec were absolutely wonderful!

Christelle, I'm sure drinks will be available & I hope you will find one (or 2. . .) that will make you happy!

Editing: I just checked & it looks like they only have wine, but it's a pretty extensive wine list. Let me know it that's okay for you.
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

holydove wrote:I am back home now, & this is the list of people who want to come to the meetup so far:

Renate +1, Sue, angelofcompassion +1, Christelle, Sheila, Wanda, me & Bob.

So that's 10 people. I think Cafe31 looks good, so I will call in the next couple of days & make a reservation for 10 people for around 5:30, if that's okay for everyone. I'm hoping we can pick up our will-call tickets before the meetup, but still have to check what time the box office opens. If anyone else wants to come to the meetup, please post here in the next couple of days.

Renate, thank you for your good wishes - Montreal & Quebec were absolutely wonderful!

Christelle, I'm sure drinks will be available & I hope you will find one (or 2. . .) that will make you happy!

Editing: I just checked & it looks like they only have wine, but it's a pretty extensive wine list. Let me know it that's okay for you.

Hi all,
I am so close to buying tickets for the Brooklyn Concert too. It is the last one of t he tour...anybody else game???
Sheila
Nanila

Post by Nanila »

Hi Rachel,

nice to hear from you again and glad you had a great time in Canada!
I admit I envy you!
Nevertheless we are looking forward to the 18th,
only two weeks left!!!
And Sheila, we will not make it to Brooklyn, unfortunately we will have to be back to work
on Friday! A few miles away from NYC :D

Cafe 31 sounds good to us,
curious to meet all of you!

Renate
Berlin 1979
Århus 1988
New York 2012
Hamburg 2013
and soon Amsterdam 2013
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Editing: I just checked & it looks like they only have wine, but it's a pretty extensive wine list. Let me know it that's okay for you.[/quote]

will wine be fine for a French girl? I wonder... 8)
I told you Rachel, don't worry about me, I'll be happy just to be with you guys,
thank you so much for organising this, looking forward to seeing Bob and you
Christelle
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Hi all,
Please let me know exactly where we are all meeting up, place and time, as I have people meeting me from Staten Island where I used to live. I will be checking into Hotel about 3. If anyone is up to going to China Town for Dim Sum after concert...(they are open all night)...I will gladly show them the best place in town. Did this once with my kids after a Neil Diamond Concert...what fun we had. :lol: :roll:
sbrownblei

Post by sbrownblei »

Is anybody else going to the Brooklyn Concert, and where are you sitting???
Sheila

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”