Meet Up in Boston

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
joyezekiel

Re: Meet Up in Boston

Post by joyezekiel »

Thanks for organizing this..... looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Hydrogal

Meet Up in Boston

Post by Hydrogal »

Thanks Catherine. See you all tomorrow!

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Forecast calls for temperatures around 30f/-1c through the night on Saturday, and very mild wind (with 26f/-3c wind-chill factor). Definitely not bad for Boston in December, but bring your hats, gloves and scarves if you're planning to spend any significant amount of time outside!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Thanks Brightnow . I heard also there is a chance of snow on Sunday!!. For those of you staying for the weekend in Boston,there is a lovely restaurant just around the corner from the Revere - Maggiano's italian restaurant. A few others I know of are Stephanies on Tremont and Aquatine also on tremont. Gaslight in Southend, The Buttery (also in Southend), Houstons in Feniel Hall (if anyone goes there let me know if the special is baked cod or cod or any kind - it hasnt changed since I've been going there!!. It shouldn't put you off though - the food is great.) oh. Henriettas table in Cambridge and Ten Tables also in Cambridge are fab.Apart from the highlight of the concert if you are looking for something cultural I would recommend Harvard, the Boston Public Library and a tour bus around the city. I can't believe the concert is tomorrow night... whoo hoo... see you all soon, Catherine :D :D
Pomona

Post by Pomona »

A huge, heartfelt thank you to Barbara and Rick. It was such a treat to meet you both, and it was so kind of you to bring so many beautifully-made stickers and postcards for everyone. Incredibly considerate of you, and I will treasure mine. It was a joy to meet and connect with everyone at the Revere. A pleasure to see MaryB again, as we met out in Red Rocks a few years back. Again, it was ever-so-kind of you both to pretty much host this thing, especially since you were not seeing dear Leonard until the following night . . . TONIGHT! Wish I were back there with you :)
- Lori
May 4 1985 Berklee Boston / Feb 19 2009 Beacon NYC / May 29 2009 Wang Boston / June 4 2009 Red Rocks / Dec 15 2012 Wang Boston
Hydrogal

Meet Up in Boston

Post by Hydrogal »

Hello Fellow Cohenites! As Rick and I head to the Wang for the Sunday night concert, we just want to say how much we enjoyed meeting everyone at Revere last night. Mary, Joy, Lori, Dan, Rachel and Bob, Catherine and Robert, Wendy and everyone else. Avi, we missed you! Great conversation and libations. I look forward to the next time!

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
Hydrogal

Meet Up in Boston

Post by Hydrogal »

Ah, Vlasta I missed you in the above post. I so enjoyed talking to you.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

So good to see you all at the Revere. Sorry Rob & I couldn't stay longer.. The concert was wonderful, as usual. And, yes wished I was going on Sunday night too. Thanks Barabara & Rick for the stickers and taking photos. looking forward to seeing them sometime soon. Glad you liked the postcards too. Heading back to Ireland tomorrow. Safe journey home or onward to New York for the final concerts. Catherine

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”