Meet Up in Boston

Concert reports, reviews, links, set lists - and meetup information + meetup reports
coolfadda

Meet Up in Boston

Post by coolfadda »

Hello, is there going to be any meet up in Boston.. having met some forum members in Verona I would love to meet up with you again in Boston if there is a gathering. Thanks, Catherine
coolfadda

Re: Meet Up in Boston

Post by coolfadda »

Just me again.... maybe its too early to be thinking of a meet-up in Boston.. I live in Ireland but know Boston fairly well so I would be more than willing to organise a meet-up if there is any interest. Let me know.. I will be travelling to Boston on 11th for the concert so will have time to set this up (that and the internet should work ok). Let me know .. Catherine
Hydrogal

Meet Up in Boston

Post by Hydrogal »

Catherine, I have been wondering the same thing. I have not read anything so far about a meet up. I will be coming from Florida and I am not familiar with the Boston area at all. I'd be happy to help set something up.
It was great to meet you in Verona. We may be sitting next to each other in row 1!!!! Very excited.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Hi Barbarba, so good to meet you too. Mixed wires I think regarding the seats - I had row 1 in Verona but its row M in Boston. Still good seats though. Will we wait and see if theres any interest for a Boston meet-up.? If theres not then you should come for dinner with my son Robert and me anyway. I could meet you earlier in the day and do some sightseeing with you if you like. I'll pm you soon, Catherine :D
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

So here goes again... having been in touch with Barbara (Hydrogal) via pm we thought a meet up at Revere Hotel on Stuart Street would work well before the concert on 15th December. I believe some members are staying there and the hotel seems to be able to cater for small gatherings. They serve food and drink and most importantly its only a 4 minute walk to The Wang. So, if there is any interest let us know and we would be happy to look after the details (ie. preference for finger food or dinner, private room or section of public space, meet time, numbers etc.)Roll on December. Looking forward to the concert either way. Catherine :D
ps.. Leonard et al you are most welcome to join us if you find yourselves at a loose end post sound check and pre-concert :!: :!: :D :lol:
holydove

Post by holydove »

Hi Catherine & Barbara,

My husband & I would love to join the meetup before/after the concert in Boston, if I am not too late. The Revere Hotel sounds like a good idea, if they have space to accomodate us. I'm not familiar with the area either, but if the Revere is not suitable, I'm sure we could find another place. Thank you for your efforts & I look forward to meeting both of you.
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

I will be in Boston too, and would love to meet up before and/or after!

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Hello again, I was on to Revere hotel and they are forwarding me some information on drinks,dinner, snacks, private room, public space etc so I'll let you all know as soon as I can. The public spaces seem really funky so might be fun to meet there but will wait to hear from Barbara. Log on to the hotel web site to see all the different areas within the hotel. If we go for dinner in the public dining room they can accomodate up to 14 people at one table if necessary (or configurations of other numbers too). And, they would recommend dining at 5pm or 5.30pm latest to make the concert on time. The only thing for definate is we would have to book soon as space is filling up by general public anyway. (It is possible to hire a private room though but it will cost at least 250 dollars).Talk soon and look forward to feed back!! Happy days, Leonard is on the road, Catherine :)
holydove

Post by holydove »

Hi Catherine,

I would suggest public rather than private space, the reason being this: in Paris, a very kind forum member reserved a private space & gave downpayment for it (which I assume might be required for private space anywhere), & then a number of forum members who had said they were coming, never showed up, & this forum member, therefore, lost alot of money paying for people who didn't come. So it might be kind of risky reserving private space. I will check out the Revere website, thank you.
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Hi Holydove!, yes, I agree with you (as does Hydragal,Barbara). A public space is way better. Then there's no pressure on anyone. I would also be in favour of just going to their Emerald room bar area where it is possible to just have snacks (if anyone wants food) and a drink. Again, nothing would have to be pre-ordered so no problem if someone doesnt turn up. All areas of the hotel seem good though. I'll stay in touch and keep you all posted. Still awaiting info from the hotel. Catherine
Hydrogal

Meet Up in Boston

Post by Hydrogal »

Ahh, back online again after a weekend with no Internet access. I agree with the public space option if we are to meet up at the Revere Hotel. It appears to have some nice spaces and eating and drinking options. That way we can keep it all casual and spur of the moment attendees or non-attendees will not be an issue.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Hi Barbara, you're online. Just sent you a pm - in fact I think my message and your post crossed in cyberspace!.. you know what - I think we're good to go.
So,all we have to do is let you all know that there will be a meet-up at The Revere Hotel on Saturday 15th December from 5pm... we'll keep you all posted and all of you, keep the feed-back/suggestions coming, either here or pm... Catherine :D
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

I'm in! :)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
holydove

Post by holydove »

Hi Joy & Avi! Happy to know that you will both be there. It will be so nice to see you!

Catherine & Barbara: the bar at the Revere Hotel on Dec. 15, from 5 pm. . . sounds like a perfect plan!
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Catherine, maybe we should try for the private room anyway: if you send me the quote from the hotel I will try to collect the minimum payment via PayPal from those interested and book it. We've had great success with PayPal collections for the Madison event and other projects, we're still more than a month away, it's worth a shot!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012

Return to “USA & CANADA 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”