Dublin Calling

The Dublin Event - before and after
lizzytysh

Re: Dublin Calling

Post by lizzytysh »

Not sure where best to put this; so, for now, rather than initiating a thread for it, I'll post it here, and will put it elsewhere, if find a better place for it [or if the moderators do]:

If anyone knows of someone who may be holding back from Dublin due to cost of lodging on top of flights, or travel of any kind... this is what I booked, so if it could make the difference for you, please contact me:

My room is in an airbnb home for 8 days, with my checking in on August 5th and checking out on August 13th, so any days within that, there would be room for you. It's a very sweet and clean set-up. A bright room with two twin beds, a private bathroom with a shower, and doors from the bedroom that open up onto the sitting area of the rear garden.

It's costing me $255 USD for the 8 nights, and to add another person is $14/night more, so if we added that for you for the full 8 nights, and then split the cost, it would be another $168 USD ~ so grand total would be $423 for the two of us. Divide that by 2 and it comes to $211/each TOTAL ~ and they provide Breakfast. [If you stayed less than 8 nights, we would adjust it accordingly.] It has a private bath with shower, and double, glass doors that open out onto the backyard, and what appears to be a red tile patio.

There's a bus that takes 15-20 minutes to the City Centre. It's located near the Botanical Gardens. So, any need for a taxi could be split, plus on Friday and Saturday night, there's a Nite bus that runs up to very late. To see and read about it, you can go to airbnb, see 4 photos, and then click on the various buttons to read more about it.

Okay, first you go to airbnb.com and enter Dublin, Ireland. Put in whatever dates you want, as that won't matter. When it takes you to the deeper searching page, set the money scale at 0 to $50 per night, even though it looks like you can't, you CAN move the measure far to the left enough to do that. It's auto-set at 0 to $1,000. You'll be able to see 4 photos and read the other stuff about it by clicking on the various buttons.

Then, you should be able to see the one titled: "Double/Twin Room - Warm & Cosy Home" House - Private room · Ballygall Road East, Glasnevin, Dublin, Ireland.

When I wrote to someone else, whose place I was considering, to let them know I'd found something else, she replied:

"Glasnevin is a lovely area and the Botanical Gardens are beautiful.

Another one I notified responded: "No problem. You'll have a great time here. Don't forget to visit the Gravedigger's Pub (quite local) and the Cobblestone near town for trad music."

Please contact me by PM if you think you might be interested.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

I will be there on Thursday evening. I'm really looking forward to visiting Dublin for the first time and meeting up with everyone.

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll be there Thursday night, too... and am looking forward to seeing everyone.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

We'll both be there on Thursday evening.

Wendy
KenKurzweil

Post by KenKurzweil »

Thank you Paula and the entire Dublin team for everything you have been doing in preparation for a great event. Our travel plans are now set. Suzanne and I are looking forward to seeing everyone on Thursday night.
Ken
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

I will also be there Thursday evening. Two months to go!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
Judy

Post by Judy »

If all goes according to plan (no missed planes etc.) will be arriving early Thursday afternoon and so much looking forward to seeing you all at the Landsdowne Hotel in the evening. Thank you to Paula, Albert, Sheila, Marie and Afric and Ken :D ... roll on August!!
Janetld

Post by Janetld »

And I will be there Thursday too, and really looking forward to meeting you all. Thank you so much to the organisers, you must have worked so hard to get it all together.
Henning

Post by Henning »

Count me in for Thursday evening + 2 more Germans.

Henning
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”