Autumn Update - Leonard Cohen Event Dublin 2014

The Dublin Event - before and after
Paula McCann

Autumn Update - Leonard Cohen Event Dublin 2014

Post by Paula McCann »

Good morning, friends,

An update of the progress for the 2014 Dublin Event.

We have been viewing many venues around the city and we are at the point of signing a contract for a theatre in the city centre. When this has been finalised we will open a separate thread detailing the accommodation options in Dublin.

The core elements of the programme are coming together. We are in discussions with a number of singers and bands who are enthusiastic about performing at the Dublin event. The discussions/academic strand has been secured with the agreement of writers to participate and the Open Mic is being organised by Andrew Darbyshire (Darby).

Anyone interested in participating at the Open Mic please contact Andrew through the Forum (Darby) or email darby203@bigpond.com.

The Early Bird fee of €130 is available until the end of November so we would encourage you to take this opportunity to avail of the reduced price. We are delighted with the response to date for early bird registrations.

It's important to note that our Events are not commercial undertakings so the participation fees are required to cover all the expenses associated with organising an international event including the venues, the hiring of technical and musical equipment, the souvenir programme and so on.

If you have any ideas or suggestions about the event or what you would like to see/hear at the event please PM me on the Forum or email me at: paula@leonardcoheneventdublin.com.

All good things.

Paula McCann
liverpoolken

Re: Autumn Update - Leonard Cohen Event Dublin 2014

Post by liverpoolken »

hello paula

many thanks for all the work and preparation that you and the rest of the committe are doing on our behalf over there on the island...

i was wondering seeing as you requested any suggestions whether you have considered inviting author/playwright john mckenna to give a talk during the event...or even if funds allowed to possibly re-stage his play 'who by fire' for a couple of performances

ta ken
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi Paula
Thanks for all your hard work.
Over the Galway walking weekend, Joe arranged for 2 musicians. (I shamefully have forgotten their names) to accompany us.
They were lovely people and good entertainers, enjoyed by all, singing Irish songs, and songs by Leonard and Bob,
It would be good if they could be involved in some way.
Attachments
image.jpg
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
maphoner

Post by maphoner »

daveeliver wrote:Hi Paula
Thanks for all your hard work.
Over the Galway walking weekend, Joe arranged for 2 musicians. (I shamefully have forgotten their names) to accompany us.
They were lovely people and good entertainers, enjoyed by all, singing Irish songs, and songs by Leonard and Bob,
It would be good if they could be involved in some way.

I should endorse daveeliver's comments and would be happy to meet our walking musicians again...
Cheers
of course you say you can't complain

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”