Registration for 2014 Event

The Dublin Event - before and after
Athnuachan

Re: Registration for 2014 Event

Post by Athnuachan »

Henning wrote:My horses never listened to me at the races. So I am finished with them.
Ah yes, but so much better than any races!
The lovely, unique RDS arena, the excitement of German, Irish, etc. riders competing for the Nations' cup on Friday, the flags, the pageantry, the music of the massed bands - can an LC event without LC compete with this?
Ring the bells that still can ring...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

It depends on one's personal taste, Athnuachan... the love of ceremonies or the love of friends varies by people.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Liam OMaonlai and friends do the songs of Leonard Cohen in Irish tomorrow night Thursday 10th Oct in the Pavilion Theatre in Dun Laoghaire if anyone is free. The Tower of Song- the Cohen Project. :D
Last edited by Olwen on Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olwen
Plymouth 1976, Kilmainham Dublin 2008, 02 Dublin 2009, Lissadel Sligo 2010,
Kilmainham, Dublin 2012, 02 Dublin 2013, Leonard Cohen Dublin Event 2014.
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

lizzytysh wrote:It depends on one's personal taste, Athnuachan... the love of ceremonies or the love of friends
"Take me to the ceremony..."

These are not mutually exclusive!
Both can be found at the RDS.
Last edited by Athnuachan on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athnuachan

Post by Athnuachan »

Olwen wrote:Liam OMaonlai and friends do the songs of Leonard Cohen in Irish tomorrow night Thursday 10th Oct in the Pavilion Theatre in Dun Laoghaire if anyone is free. The Tower of Song- the Cohen Project. :D
Thanks, Olwen- would love to go if I lived in Dún Laoghaire/ Dublin or anywhere within reach. My niece says they're great!
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Athnuachan wrote:
Olwen wrote:Liam OMaonlai and friends do the songs of Leonard Cohen in Irish tomorrow night Thursday 10th Oct in the Pavilion Theatre in Dun Laoghaire if anyone is free. The Tower of Song- the Cohen Project. :D
Thanks, Olwen- would love to go if I lived in Dún Laoghaire/ Dublin or anywhere within reach. My niece says they're great!
It was a great night- Liam O'Maonlai and the Brad Pitt Orchestra were really good. I didnt understand any of the Irish lyrics- but it didnt matter. I just absorbed the music and it was a wonderful night. What part of the country are you in?
Olwen
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Olwen wrote:
Athnuachan wrote:
It was a great night- Liam O'Maonlai and the Brad Pitt Orchestra were really good. I didnt understand any of the Irish lyrics- but it didnt matter. I just absorbed the music and it was a wonderful night. What part of the country are you in?
The Tower of Song, The Leonard Cohen Project is on tour until Nov 29th- you can find the info on http://www.imram.ie, click on english (unless you are fluent in Irish) and then go to the Tower of Song section. Click on the poster and scroll down and you will see the dates and locations.
Olwen
chrissie01

Post by chrissie01 »

I would like to join part of this event .We cannot arrive until about midnight on the Friday due to work not allowing summer dates for holidays. There will be two of us , although one is not an LC fan ...quite..although he he is learning! Can you tell me how much registration will be.Thanks.I am not used to using the forum so i feel a little as though this message may land anywhere and i may not see it again! anyone able to help?
And you want to travel with him
And you want to travel blind
And you think maybe you'll trust him
For he's touched your perfect body with his mind
margaret

Post by margaret »

Chrissie,
just go back to the previous page for the details of registration. The fee usually covers the cost of hiring venues, some sightseeing and other entertainment and a few souvenir items.
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

chrissie01 wrote:I would like to join part of this event .We cannot arrive until about midnight on the Friday due to work not allowing summer dates for holidays. There will be two of us , although one is not an LC fan ...quite..although he he is learning! Can you tell me how much registration will be.Thanks.I am not used to using the forum so i feel a little as though this message may land anywhere and i may not see it again! anyone able to help?
the cost per person is 145€- hope you can come, where are you based?
Olwen
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

And actually less if you and your husband register early, Chrissie:
There is an Early Bird registration fee of €130 for bookings made before end of November 2013. (PayPal fee is included).
Hope you two can make it. I'd love to meet you both.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

Paula McCann wrote:Hi, Leonard the cat,

The event will run over three days from August 7-10th, 2014. However, in previous events, people gathered on the evening before-hand to register and also to meet with fellow Cohenistas for a meal/singalong. In Dublin we plan to have registration on the Thursday evening and again on Friday morning.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you.

Thank you.

Paula
I'm still a bit confused..... August 7th-10th is four days, not three. The Thursday evening would be 7th, so would that be the evening before, or would that be Wednesday 6th?

Joy
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

joyezekiel wrote:I'm still a bit confused..... August 7th-10th is four days, not three. The Thursday evening would be 7th, so would that be the evening before, or would that be Wednesday 6th?

Joy
I wondered about that too Joy and was about to post the same question!

Wendy
Paula McCann

Post by Paula McCann »

Friends,

We have advertised the dates for the 2014 Event from August 7th - 10th. August 7th (Thursday) will host the registration and some kind of social event on that evening. The discussions/readings/music/films etc will commence on Friday 8th August until Sunday 10th August. There may be scope for a tour outside Dublin on the Monday for those who wish to stay longer.

We are putting together a varied programme and we will update the Forum and Files as the pieces begin to fall into place.

Currently, we are looking at a number of venues in Dublin city centre. So in terms of accommodation we will post a comprehensive list when the venue is booked.

All good things on this glorious autumnal morning in Dublin.

Paula
on behalf of the organising committee.
Olwen

Post by Olwen »

Thanks Paula! :D
Olwen

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Dublin 2014”