A Thread of Thanks

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
st theresa1

Re: A Thread of Thanks

Post by st theresa1 »

I would love to add my thanks to all who made these presales possible. I was fortunate enough to see Leonard in Lisbon and Calgary. Now I look forward to another concert in Edmonton in November in the company of my husband, our son and his fiancee--another generation of Cohen fans. This latest ticket buying experience was the easiest and I think best in terms of seats and the process. Like Leonard, you all just keep getting better. :D :!:
uscstephen

Post by uscstephen »

I too would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the entire LC & Co. organization. Y'all are a class act bar none. As a fan for whom the Great Recession has yet to recede, it is beyond wonderful to be able to get a pair of amazing seats at cost via the pre-sale to see one of my all-time favorite artists. Many, many thanks! It's gonna be the best Halloween ever here!

Best,
Steve
Austin, Texas. April 1st & 2nd, 2009.
JeffN

Post by JeffN »

I agree with everyone's comments and want to express my sincere thanks to this forum and all that goes on here and behind the scenes. Like LC, you truly are a class act.

There are no real words to express my wife and I's appreciation. She is a writer and a poet and a l/t Leonard Cohen fan but had never had the opportunity to see him live. When we first met just over a few years ago, I asked her what concerts would she love to see and without hesitation, she said that it would be her dream come true to see Leonard Cohen live. I said, great, we will go. She said, we can't because he no longer tours and hasn't in a long time. Well, we all know the rest of the story as it was not long after that conversation that his tour was announced.

And, thanks to this forum and everyone involved, you have helped me to make her dream come true several times over. Last year we saw him in Columbus (front row) and at the last two shows of the tour in Las Vegas. This year, we are set for San Jose and maybe one more.

BTW, we got married this past December and our wedding song was Dance Me To The End Of Love.

Thanks!
Jeff
Last edited by JeffN on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Such a heartwarming story, Jeff!
I'm so happy for you both 8) /
Will be in Austin. Maybe will get to meet you two.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
greenwhite150

Post by greenwhite150 »

Also want to add my words of thanks to everyone who made the pre-sale possible. Thanks to your kindness and hard work, I will be attending my *very first* LC show. Got great, great seats to boot!! (PIT - Chicago). Counting the days til 11/23.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
2012: Chicago, Boston x2
2013: Tampa, Atlanta, New York x2
Sasha K

Post by Sasha K »

Electrified by Leonard's first songs, I have remained so ever since...nourished beyond words by his magical, miraculous work. As a music photographer, I need to be close to the stage - need that close, personal feeling...need to feel him breathe. It just ain't the same when you can't see the performer's face distinctly. So heartfelt thanks and ALL THE BLESSINGS to Leonard and the entire team for the tours, and especially for the presales. Being able to sit in the centre, third row from the front, was one of the highlights of my life...unforgettable.
Long may these tours continue!

With love and thanks

Sasha K.
Sasha K

Post by Sasha K »

Please don't forget Australia and New Zealand!!! I spoke with many members of the audiences in NZ and all were ecstatic after the shows. We live in hope... Sasha K.
mutti

Post by mutti »

I want to again thank Jarkko, Marie,Robert Kory,Elliot Lefko, all the other moderators, and people involved in creating the
Per sales possible for us!
I am currently in Amsterdam and was flying from Ireland
Last night and fortunately a sweet angel of a friend was able to buy me
A ticket...
Thanks so much!
Leslie
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
tanz

Post by tanz »

I hope LC makes another trip to SYDNEY...SYDNEY AWAITS...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

To All of You Extending Your Thanks to Jarkko, Leonard, Robert Kory, and Everyone Else:

This relates to the Quintessential site and Forum on Leonard Cohen. Maggie Matear is respectfully requesting your comments and answers to her questions.

In the Everything Else section of the Forum, there is a thread posted by a woman who is doing her doctoral thesis on Forums such as ours:
My name is Maggie Matear and I'm a doctoral candidate at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario Canada. I'm researching things that make on-line communities like the Leonard Cohen forum successful. Jarkko has kindly given me permission to ask for your help.
She needs 100+ responders to a very thoughtful and well laid out survey. It took me about 20 minutes to complete. You get a couple chances to add your own comments, as well.

It would be wonderful if you translated your thanks here into responses to her survey there. Another very concrete way of giving your thanks.

Thanks!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”