All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
verynewsongs

Re: All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call"

Post by verynewsongs »

Do you know if later general public ticket sales will also be will call? Why I'm asking: I'm just wondering if tickets will be available on the secondary market later if one decides to travel to another city at a later date and wants tickets. Thanks.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

coolfadda wrote:Travel insurance is a must me-thinks.... small extra price to pay just in case ...
Travel insurance is essential. A couple of weeks ago I get a yearly insurance that covers the entire planet so I'd be prepared for any eventualities ;-)
The insurance I mentioned was for the actual concert tickets from Ticketmaster.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
coolfadda

Post by coolfadda »

Musicmania,,yes, I knew you were talking about the actual ticket insurance.. some general insurance companies will cover all losses if unable to travel which is why I just said travel insurance.. either way, be insured :!: :!: :!: :D
jsc

Post by jsc »

Thank you
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

musicmania wrote:
Christopher B wrote:I agree its a great idea to beat the scalpers and touts but no so good if you find that you can't go. I'm still nursing both the disappointment and financial loss of booking tickets for the Madison Square Garden concert on 23 October 2009 and being unable to attend. It seemed unfair that I couldn't even give them away.
I remember when I was booking for Las Vegas in 2010 there was an option to insure the tickets incase we couldn't make it. It was cheap enough and gave peace of mind incase something would have kept me away. Thankfully I was able to attend. As the concerts I'm hoping to go to are the end of November, beginning of December I will take the option to insure again. Better safe than sorry if we had a repeat of the big freeze!
Hey Gwen - I was heartened to read this - and just googled info - and seemed that the price is reasonable enough ($7 per ticket if you buy the insurance at the time of purchase - $15 if later).

BUT - *sigh* - the coverage applied for "reasons" for cancelling is rather restrictive - like getting into the "ACT OF GOD" territory - and it might be difficult to provide proof to satisfy in order to recover costs ...

https://gateway.americas.allianz-assist ... US_en.html
With Event Ticket Protector℠ insurance, your financial loss may be covered if you can't attend an event for any of the below reasons which are subject to terms and exclusions in the policy:

Illness or Serious Injury – preventing you or an event companion from being able to use the event ticket, or if a family member is hospitalized or requires care by you
Involved in a Traffic Accident – which prevents you from getting to an event
Mechanical breakdown – if your car breaks down within 48 hours of the event
Airline Delay – if your plane or other Common Carrier is delayed (includes bad weather) while going to the event
Home or Business Issues – if your home or business is uninhabitable due to fire, flood, vandalism, burglary or natural disasters
Employer Termination – providing protection against a lay-off
Jury Duty – if you are required to serve on jury duty after having purchased an event ticket
Work Relocation – if you are relocated by your company over 100 miles from your home
Military Duty – if you are required to miss an event as a result of military orders
Death – if you, an event companion, or immediate family member passes away
Philadelphia2.jpg
Philadelphia2.jpg (18.13 KiB) Viewed 8894 times
crying6.jpg
crying6.jpg (1.78 KiB) Viewed 8894 times
Last edited by sturgess66 on Sun May 06, 2012 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

sturgess66 wrote: BUT - *sigh* - the coverage applied for "reasons" for cancelling is rather restrictive...
What other reasons could there possibly be for missing a Leonard Cohen concert?! ;-)
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I remember a friend of mine had insured her tickets from the LV shows and then couldn't afford the airfare and she claimed back the cost of her tickets no problem! Obviously they have gotten more strict since then. Good to see it covers "bad weather" for flights!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

scocoh

Post by scocoh »

--
Last edited by scocoh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jessica02

Post by jessica02 »

Can insurance be bought at the time tickets are purchased? I'm pretty new at this..sorry!
holydove

Post by holydove »

Just thought this was worth mentioning: I just bought tickets for Montreal, & Evenko offered electronic tickets, so I selected that, & I was able to print out my tickets! I thought they were supposed to be only "will-call". . .
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Interesting! I just selected Will Call as that is what Marie had said and it suits me to collect there. Interesting no insurance option with Evenko or if there was I missed it. Of course it would take an act of G-d to keep me away so let's hope we have no "Big Freeze" in Ireland this November.

MarieM

Post by MarieM »

holydove wrote:Just thought this was worth mentioning: I just bought tickets for Montreal, & Evenko offered electronic tickets, so I selected that, & I was able to print out my tickets! I thought they were supposed to be only "will-call". . .
Did you buy a VIP package or a regular ticket?
Marie
Speaking Cohen
holydove

Post by holydove »

Hi Marie,

I bought a VIP package - is that the reason I was able to print the tickets?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

holydove wrote:Hi Marie,

I bought a VIP package - is that the reason I was able to print the tickets?
I think it must be. The only option I got on a regular ticket was Will Call.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Mon May 07, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

holydove wrote:I bought a VIP package - is that the reason I was able to print the tickets?
Thanks. I'll let AEG know.
Marie
Speaking Cohen

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”