All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Everything about the North American leg of the World Tour!
lizzytysh

Re: All Pre-Sale Tickets are "Will Call" except VIP tickets

Post by lizzytysh »

Yes, you will be, Barb. My only wish is that I were going to see Leonard in Chicago. Would happily meet up with you in plenty of time to get everything sorted!
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Postby BarbM » I live in the western suburbs of Chicago so I'm only about 45 minutes away from the venue and I think I'll take the suggestion to drive there to familiarize myself with the theatre/streets/traffic patterns so I'm not so apprehensive the day of the performance.
Just to clarify, I did my venue scouting on the same day as the concert (being from out of town) and sometimes got my ticket for that night. If you go to the venue on another day, I don't think the will call tickets would be printed yet.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
BarbM

Post by BarbM »

I understand about the tickets not being available until the day of the even but what I was thinking of doing was to drive there not to get the ticket but more to 'get a feel' for the location, parking, access, etc. so I wouldn't be so nervous the evening of the concert. Perhaps a nice, none business day Sunday or such.

I'm going to call the Akoo and ask about how soon will call tickets can be picked up the day of the event so I have some kind of timeframe. The theatre used to be called the Rosemont Horizon and its in a really traffic conjested area right across an interstate highway from an extremely busy O'Hare Airport (major international airport) so there is bound to be a lot of traffic. I've driven to O'Hare to take a flight or pick someone up or taken a taxi so I'm somewhat comfortable with it but don't know the overall neighborhood well. My little Prius is pretty good at weaving in and out though. :)

Lizzy, it'd be great to meet up with you if you were headed to Chicago. I'd like to meet some of the other people who appreciate Mr. Cohen's work as I do. Several people at work looked askance at me when I told them about getting such a good Orchestra Pit seat and how thrilled I was. Their comment is why in the world would I pay that kind of money to listen to someone sing. I laughed and told them about the cost of the VIP packages so my expense didn't seem so big after all. It was funny to see them trying to sort things out. Amazing how people accept buying expensive sports events tickets but will question doing the same for this event. It's something they'll have to figure out on their own I suspect. :)
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

LOVED your last paragraph. Or, for people to spend FAR more to go kill innocent, wild animals, as well... and then count you out as kooky... priorities only goes so far in explaining away that one.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
audrey

Post by audrey »

What if I have cancelled and no longer have the credit card
that I used to purchase advanced tickets???
Thanks so much.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

audrey wrote:What if I have cancelled and no longer have the credit card
that I used to purchase advanced tickets???
Thanks so much.
Why don't you call the Box Office & explain the situation Audrey? I'm sure it will be OK if you take your printed confirmation but it would be best to check if they need anything else e.g. photo ID before they will issue the tickets.

Wendy

Return to “Old Ideas World Tour 2012 / USA and Canada”