Dance Me to the End of Love (Live 1985) plus interview

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
Hartmut

Dance Me to the End of Love (Live 1985) plus interview

Post by Hartmut »

tomsakic

Re: Dance Me to the End of Love (Live 1985) plus interview

Post by tomsakic »

Yes, it's back after two years ago TV station and that journalist claimed the copyright over Leonard's performance (!) and removed it from YouTube.

That's why now interview was not cut separately and there's no credit, date, name of the journalist and of the TV station and title of the show...

It was originally announced at viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13480 before removal.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

tomsakic wrote:Yes, it's back after two years ago TV station and that journalist claimed the copyright over Leonard's performance (!) and removed it from YouTube.

That's why now interview was not cut separately and there's no credit, date, name of the journalist and of the TV station and title of the show...

It was originally announced at viewtopic.php?f=31&t=13480 before removal.
Hi Tom,

The journalist is Mike Walsh, hosting "The Mike Walsh Show" on Channel 9 network.
"The Mike Walsh Show" was a "Tonight" style show that ran for several years.
I can't be sure of the date, but it was prior to the start of the Australian leg of that tour. It would have been shortly before 21st May, considering the announcement of the tour dates at the end of the interview.
During the Adelaide concert (2nd June) some lowlife heckled LC for doing an encore, and was promptly put in his place by Leonard, followed by loud cheers from the rest of us.
How would he have coped with 3 encores, I wonder.

Alan
Too much Leonard Cohen is never enough.
London 1972, Adelaide 1980, 1985, 2009
Sydney 2010; Adelaide 2010
Sydney 2013 X2; Melbourne 2013; Adelaide 2013
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

Hi AlanM

Thanks, I know all that - but when I wrote that in description few years back, his lawyers erased the clip from YouTube claiming they own it although I'd say they cannot own the music. You have the full description on the Forum link I posted above: it was May 20, 1985. I believe we had the transcript somewhere as well, but it was erased when my website went down due to spaming and I never returned it online.

So this time, it's re-uploaded but anonymous. 8)
merton

Post by merton »

Hi,

Brilliant! Thanks Tom for the original post and Harmut for resurrecting the piece. "It's all this spiritual pursuit....yes it's a deep spiritual quest for the truth".

All the best,
Merton
Sonia_Music

Post by Sonia_Music »

Hartmut wrote:Great interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9CsYoWIK7w
Fantastic interview thanks for putting this share up there! :)
“Compassion is most important for happiness. We must treat fellow human beings as equal. So the innate desire for happiness that is the basis of human rights extends to all sentient beings, including animals and insects.”—His Holiness The Dalai Lama

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”