PLEASE COME OVER TO CAMBRIDGE...UK

Recollections from Leonard Cohen's pre-2008 tours, YouTube clips
Pete

Re: PLEASE COME OVER TO CAMBRIDGE...UK

Post by Pete »

oldjohn wrote: You must have a menu tucked away - they were imitation parchment and rolled up.
The chef's name was Perks I think. One of the porters was related to Gary Glitter . . . when that was ok! and Erin was the make of soup. And the fudge was deadly.
And cricket in the kitchen probably fitted right in with the hint of decadence which infected the place for a while. Logarithmic spirals on the beach didn't feature, Diane, but Adnams did. I remember drinking an awful lot of Asti Spumante ... endlessly ... just because it was there.
And just to keep it decent, yes, I am a Leonard Cohen fan, though I think I actually put "Blue Boar" +cambridge into google to see what would happen and up came this happy event. :D And met my wife of several decades who was working there.
John
Hi John
yes..I have a copy of the rolled parchment menu framed on the wall but we had to cut it slightly to make it fit. :) and now you tell me they're imitation!!!
The most expensive course is double fillet steak with butter sauce at £3!!!

I also remember working with a Japanese student called Akira Sakumoto and for a while we were in charge of the dishwasher. He was learning English so I taught him some more (in my Derbyshire accent) and his favourite phrase became "eee lad, lets go t'pub' with a Japanese/Derbyshire twang. He also taught me to say 'gokicanikakadeska' or something like that.

I can picture the chef now but because we just had to call him chef as in 'yes, chef' 'sorry, chef' 'it'll not happen again chef' I don't think I got to know his real name.

Pete
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
Diane

Post by Diane »

Wow, John, you googled and ended up here. Must be fate. But do you two remember each other?
smile

Post by smile »

Couldn`t help but add a bit about restaurants. I am not a Chinese food fan but I must admit there is a fantastic restaurant eat as much as you like self service £12 by the Junction Club it is upstairs straight opposite.
Life is love so treasure every day.........

Return to “Live performances & YouTube clips”