CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, October 3, 2012

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
holydove

Re: CONCERT REPORT: Barcelona, October 3, 2012

Post by holydove »

David, thank you for filming so much in Barcelona - your videos are always so fantastic!!

Christelle, thank you for the story about Pablo - I love it, & Leonard looks so happy to receive this new member of the gang!
Tripping

Post by Tripping »

I am now back home, in Cape Town, South Africa.

All I can say is this:
Cohen fans are magic people! Cohen is magic itself.

Then, additional information regarding the pre-lunch and the concert:
I hope nobody noticed, but at the lunch there was a point where tears just ran down my face. Of course, not sadness, just absolute happiness to be part of such a fantastic experience. A huge thanks goes to Bea for all the organising.

And to LC&LC, thank you very much for taking care of me in a place that was fairly foreign to me. I am so happy that Pablo got his few minutes of fame, pity that they did not want us to chop trees down to build the plywood violin! I totally would have done that!

The start of the actual concert was hugely emotional for me. I heard all, but saw very little, because of the huge amount of tears of happiness involved. I have no way at all to describe how absolutely fantastic the experience was for me.

All my love to Mr Cohen and his absolutely fantastic fans - and the new friends I made.

I love you all.

Lynette
Marseilles 2010, Barcelona 2012, London 2013, Amsterdam 2013. Hoping for more ..
Tripping

Post by Tripping »

PS: If anyone has any pictures of the banner I was waving the night of the concert, please let me know.
Marseilles 2010, Barcelona 2012, London 2013, Amsterdam 2013. Hoping for more ..
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Nice video uploaded by RosalineP - Thanks!

Bird On The Wire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRdbjtPbE4c

The Gypsy's Wife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVW1S3tUy04&

Hallelujah & Take This Waltz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9vLEuX5SHU
Last edited by sturgess66 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Tripping wrote:I am now back home, in Cape Town, South Africa.

All I can say is this:
Cohen fans are magic people! Cohen is magic itself.

Then, additional information regarding the pre-lunch and the concert:
I hope nobody noticed, but at the lunch there was a point where tears just ran down my face. Of course, not sadness, just absolute happiness to be part of such a fantastic experience. A huge thanks goes to Bea for all the organising.

And to LC&LC, thank you very much for taking care of me in a place that was fairly foreign to me. I am so happy that Pablo got his few minutes of fame, pity that they did not want us to chop trees down to build the plywood violin! I totally would have done that!

The start of the actual concert was hugely emotional for me. I heard all, but saw very little, because of the huge amount of tears of happiness involved. I have no way at all to describe how absolutely fantastic the experience was for me.

All my love to Mr Cohen and his absolutely fantastic fans - and the new friends I made.

I love you all.

Lynette
Very nice to have met you in Barcelona

David
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

There's so much video from barcelona from so many different perspectives that someone with the technical know how could put together a video of the whole concert utilising lots of different camera angles !
I do not have the know how !
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Thanks for Pablo's story Christelle. You really made me laugh!

W
yes thanks christelle . When you rescued pablo from the toy shop you couldn't have known what would happen- but not knowing exactly what the future will bring is one of life's joys.
So as it happened Pablo moved from a toy shop to the arms of leonard Cohen in just a few hours and it was such a joy to witness those few moments that pablo and leonard spent together !
Glad i managed to capture it close up on video !
:D
Leonard's work resonates
Doris

Post by Doris »

It´s such a nice story. Thank you, LC&LC for doing this and telling us and thank you to cohenadmirer for that close up video (for all the others too, of course).
And all I´ve said
was just instead of
Coming back to you.
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

And here comes even more video for Barcelona! :D

Uploaded by shuzbut - Thanks!

Famous Blue Raincoat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS208UEcal4

So Long Marianne (with waving and flying roses)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6DVBAEgoHs

Save The Last Dance For Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xebKSwFBzaM
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

And thank you Cohenadmirer for catching this special moment for Pablo, and for me...
Did you see how fast he forgot all about me and went to his new family....
honnestly, monkeys...
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Manolo ~

Your clear and simple truth is perfect for our birthday greetings thread for Leonard's birthday next year. Watch for the thread, when September 2013 comes around... you can always say differently or more, as well, but it's perfect, as is:

Post by Manolo »
Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks, Leonard Cohen
I have 52 years old. I do not go to concerts. There is little money, to the Spain people have taken from us even the future. But when I knew you were coming to my city, I rushed quick to buy tickets.
Thanks, Leonard. For my wife and me were some wonderful hours. I pray that you'll come back to my city soon.
Manolo Domingo
Welcome to our Forum, Manolo :) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
badshoehabit

Post by badshoehabit »

When the original Hop Farm venue was announced for the UK, I wasn't keen on trecking to the other end of the country for an open air concert in a muddy field in early September. Instead a friend and I decided to combine Leonard's concert in Barcelona with a few days in a favourite city. The performance in the Palau Sant Jordi was wonderful - far better view and sound than when I saw him in Dublin in 2009. I present my amateur video compilation for other fans of a living legend - some of the filming is a bit wobbly but I think the sound has recorded brilliantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE6EWeFlVCQ

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”