CONCERT REPORTS: Paris September 28, 29, 30, 2012

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
BrokenBanjo

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Paris September 28, 29, 30, 2012

Post by BrokenBanjo »

@mabeanie/Wendy: You're correct on both counts, of course.
I was wandering around Montmatre today wondering if it really was five, and listing to the Old Ideas album on the plane coming home. Thanks for the correction and the setlist.
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Great reports, seventhson and Wendy!
Thank you both for posting so quickly after the final concert.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

More video - this uploaded by François Bourboulon - Thanks!

From Sept 30th -

I'm Your Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgnPD4W0jJA

Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodbye
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih9tO0rHqn4

Famous Blue Raincoat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Son6fBUP4
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

More video from Sept 30th -

Uploaded by laurentsamuel75012 - Thanks!

I Tried to Leave You (partial) - and Save the Last Dance For Me (captures the chorus line onstage 8) )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NgiVaEd7Bs
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

Mabeanie1 wrote: For those who can't be bothered to go to the Forum Setlists thread, here's the setlist for the third night in Paris - no link required, certainly not to the less than 100% reliable setlist.fm:
It's not that we can't be bothered...but what is the harm in posting in both places?? For example, maybe I would like to comment on the fact that he sang a particular song on one night but not on another. (am I allowed to do that? I wasn't there.) It's nice to have the reference points in the concert thread itself.

And the same "can't be bothered" concept could also apply to those opposed to large pictures. So they can't be bothered to scroll past a large picture now and then? I for one am glad of all of it - personal reviews, pics, videos, blogs, tweets.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

CONCERT REPORTS: Paris September 28, 29, 30, 2012

Post by regensburg »

I have never in my life paid anybody for showing me to my seat, is this typical for Paris? In Germzny I have never seen tis, much less in the United States.
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

regensburg wrote:I have never in my life paid anybody for showing me to my seat, is this typical for Paris? In Germzny I have never seen tis, much less in the United States.
I recall paying a small service to the seating usher at the Vienna State Opera but at no other opera house or symphony hall.
---Arlene

racerbear02

Post by racerbear02 »

@Albert
Regarding the ushers : They dont earn much money and they asked politely for a tip,which is not uncommon in France.
Who would leave an American diner without tipping the waitress !!
No one that I saw was asked for a tip by the ushers on Saturday night. I have never had it before in Paris or elsewhere in France, so I would say that is IS uncommon. As for not tipping an American waitress, if the service is poor I do not tip, but always make a point of giving my reasons the the waiting staff. Tips should be for especially good service, not an automatic donation to make up for poor working conditions.
I liked it a lot that the ushers were strict in the beginning. Not everybody in the audience likes it,if cellphones were raised in the air or your neighbor fumbles with his video gear ! Can be very distracting.
I agree with your thoughts about people causing distractions, but as long as there is no disturbance to people nearby, I personally have no problem with watching the results of their labours. If someone held up a camera and spoiled my view of the concert, then I would politely ask them not to do so. At least the ushers did not go round during the show telling people to stop, which would have been a major distraction.

As previously stated, I look forward to watching the videos, and a big thank you to those who have already posted them
stackridge

Post by stackridge »

We have been to hundreds of concerts but this was the very first time we have encountered ushers who were asking forcibly for tips. At first I did not grasp what she was talking about but when i cottoned on I was amazed, and did not pay anything. That was the highest price we have ever paid for a concert hence unwilling to tip. The Saturday concert was brilliant, the journey home next day via Eurostar less so and caused us a few problems. First of all a couple sat right behind us were having a 'domestic' with lots of 'F words, then we were stuck outside the tunnel for 40 minutes which meant we missed our connecting train in London, what a way to spend your wedding anniversary !!! However it did not detract from our weekend too much, highlights Leonard of course plus Le Train Blue restaurant at Gare de Lyon which was quite breathtaking. Back to reality now, next concert is this Friday, something completely different, Suggs from Madness. Doug and Olga
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

Terrific video uploaded by Wirebirds - Thanks!

Sept 30

Save The Last Dance For me - a clear view of that chorus line :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2b84JA_XrA
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Maarten your photos are fantastic. Thanks for letting us see them. :D
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Maarten: Magnifique !

Susy

Post by Susy »

Thank You so much for your Brilliant photos Maarten
I just went trough your pics of Sept. 30 ... I had have row 12 , but because of a bad illnes I could not make it to Paris :(
so just let me say Thank You for all your wonderful photos , most I LOVE all your great clos-up pics , Thanks :D , Susanne !
Susy
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Maarten,
your pictures are amazing, and I have to say, ok you've got a good camera, but you're also a great photographer...
thanks for sharing them
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”