Roscoe Beck is fantastic!

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
juhana

Roscoe Beck is fantastic!

Post by juhana »

Roscoe Beck is a fantastic musician and a extremely nice person. We have been so lucky to meet him in our hotel in Stuttgart 2010, Ghent in 2012 and Helsinki in 2012. We were very surprised that he was so nice and took contact so easely to us! No one could be better leader of the band!! We appreciate him very much.
Juhana and Päivi
2008: Copenhagen, Helsinki
2009: Budapest, Barcelona
2010: Helsinki, Stuttgart
2012: Ghent x 2, Helsinki, Bucharest
2013: Brussels, Berlin, Pula, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam
lizzytysh

Re: Roscoe Beck is fantastic!

Post by lizzytysh »

I like your posting very much, juhana... love your enthusiasm.
Welcome to the Forum, Juhana and Paivi.
Roscoe has been very gracious and kind when I've encountered him, as well.
It's great when it's like that, isn't it. It speaks well of the group.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

Yes indeed! He is so underated, although I was glad to hear him get a big cheer in Dublin in response to Leonard's "victim and veteran of these many campaigns" intro. I presume he is responsible for substituting for Dino's wind instruments and integrating Alexandru's violin in the new arrangements - no easy task I'm sure, and beautifully done. Always quiet and reliable in the background, he doesn't court publicity, but is at the heart of this great enterprise. Well done Roscoe! :D
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I love Roscoe too. He is a musical genius and one of the most genuinely nicest people I have ever spoke to, a total gentleman.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

TipperaryAnn wrote:He is so underated,
That is so true! His input into this whole operation is incomparable! He, more than any other band member also always seems to make himself so accessible, especially when he makes those spontaneous appearances before the beginning of concerts. He is a totally gracious gentleman at all times.

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Päivi from Finland

Post by Päivi from Finland »

Roscoe really is fantastic! The entity of the music would not be so complete and everlasting without Roscoe! Besides he is so modest and kind that we are a little bit unhuppy because this time - in Bucharest - we did not meet him before the concert... We really hope that Roscoe has power enough to continue the tour during the spring -13! Thanks and hugs to Roscoe, Leonard and the whole band!!!

Päivi and Juhana
Päivi from Finland

1993: Helsinki
2008: Copenhagen, Helsinki
2009: Budapest, Barcelona
2010:Helsinki, Stuttgart
2012:Ghent 17th and 18th Aug, Helsinki, Bucharest
2013:Brussels, Berlin, Pula, Stockholm, Oslo, Amsterdam

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”