Concert Start Time Dublin

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
anne alexander

Concert Start Time Dublin

Post by anne alexander »

Our tickets say Gates open at Kilmainham 4pm, but when we booked on Ticketmaster they had start time of concert as 4pm. Can anyone clarify for me? Anne Alexander
real-alan

Re: Concert Start Time Dublin

Post by real-alan »

anne alexander wrote:Our tickets say Gates open at Kilmainham 4pm, but when we booked on Ticketmaster they had start time of concert as 4pm. Can anyone clarify for me? Anne Alexander
I don't know, but you may find an answer on the thread " what start time in Dublin" ;-)
you may be right, I may be crazy.... but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..... plenty
swan13

Post by swan13 »

Kilmainham start time 19.10 hrs
"Should've got in the car"
cionnaith666

Post by cionnaith666 »

are we saying ki9lmainham concerts will not start until 7pm doors open 4pm?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

swan13 wrote:Kilmainham start time 19.10 hrs
19:10?? What a strange time. My money would be on 19:00. These shows have been starting pretty promptly at the appointed hour.

Wendy
holydove

Post by holydove »

swan13 wrote:Kilmainham start time 19.10 hrs
If anyone knows: does this mean Leonard starts at 19:10 or is it someone else at that time & Leonard later?
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

It's been reported here that the shows will start at 19:00. There is an 11:00 pm curfew. I assume there's no support.

Wendy
holydove

Post by holydove »

Thanks for that info, Wendy.
pauleile

Post by pauleile »

Hi all, got the following reply from the promoters:

Leonard will be on stage at 7:15, sorry for delay. It was only confirmed today.
rochemartinireland

Post by rochemartinireland »

Pauliele
thanks for that - I've been trying all morning without success to get through to ticketmaster. Wouldn't want to miss one second. So 7.15pm is is then, you're absolutely sure>
John
pauleile

Post by pauleile »

7:15 is what the promoters have said, please see:

https://www.facebook.com/PODLIVE

regards

Pauleile
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Here it is:
To help you enjoy a successful event please note the following:
• Gates open at 16:30hrs. Note that music will begin at 19.15hrs and end at 22.45hrs on each night.
• Note that admission is strictly by full ticket only. Please have your ticket available for inspection at main entrance to the venue.
• The concert takes place outdoors on the grounds (grass lawns) of the ROYAL HOSPITAL KILMAINHAM.
Attendees should dress appropriately for the weather and are advised to bring weatherproof clothing.
• Access to the concert venue is through the East Gate via Military Road only.
• Note there is no public car park at the venue, concert goers are advised to take public transport.
Luas: Red Line to Hueston Station – 10 min walk via Military Road. Buses: No 68 or 79 from Aston Quay.
• Disabled Access/Facilities - Vehicles with a disability badge will be permitted to approach the concerts via Military Road
or Bow Lane where they will be directed to the East Gate and from there to the Disabled Car Park.
Accessible Sanitary facilities will be provided.
• Note that catering facilities are available
• Note that bar facilities are available; photo ID may be requested for sale of alcohol.
• A First Aid Tent will be situated at the event for any medical attention needed, a steward will assist you in locating it if required.
• Notify a steward, member of the Garda or official if you see any anti-social behaviour. Ask for help if you need it and help others.
• Note that patrons may be searched on entry in a manner permissible by law.
• Note there will be no re-admission.
• Note that alcohol should be consumed in moderation.
• Note that Official Merchandise will be on sale within the venue
• It is not permissible to bring bottles, cans, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, weapons of any sort or projectiles.
Anything that may be considered offensive will be removed from the person on arrival.
• It is not permissible to bring cameras or recording equipment into the concert
• Please respect the privacy and property of residents of the Irish Museum of Modern Art and those in the vicinity of the
Royal Hospital Kilmainham, particularly when accessing and leaving the venue.
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

"It is not permissible to bring cameras or recording equipment in to the concert"

Are POD kidding? If they hold to that, Dublin is likely to be the only place on the Old Ideas tour which has not allowed cameras.

I put a similar comment on POD's Facebook page. Don't suppose they will reply though ....

Wendy
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

Mabeanie1 wrote:"It is not permissible to bring cameras or recording equipment in to the concert"

Are POD kidding? If they hold to that, Dublin is likely to be the only place on the Old Ideas tour which has not allowed cameras.

I put a similar comment on POD's Facebook page. Don't suppose they will reply though ....

Wendy
That camera rule applies to all Irish concerts. Thankfully at most it is ignored by almost everyone but in saying that I have noticed in recent years it is getting more strict, even with small cameras and small phones. No idea what POD's recent policy is as last time I was at a concert they promoted was in 2010! MCD are the most lenient and leave it mostly to the artist. Aiken where possible ban cameras regardless of the artist wishes. Hopefully POD will be like MCD.
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

musicmania wrote:
That camera rule applies to all Irish concerts. Thankfully at most it is ignored by almost everyone
Certainly wasn't a problem at Lissadell or in the O2. Having said that I intend not to bring my camera and just savour the concert this time - at least for one of the concerts! :lol:
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”