Wembley (Hop Farm) Meet Up

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
linmag

Wembley (Hop Farm) Meet Up

Post by linmag »

So.....does anyone know of a suitable venue near to Wembley Arena? John and I are going to the Saturday show, arriving London mid-afternoon. It would be nice to meat up with anyone else who will be arriving early.
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
Vicomte

Re: Wembley (Hop Farm) Meet Up

Post by Vicomte »

There is the Green Man pub, very famous place for fans before gigs, or soccer matches. Plenty of bars and food outlets inside of course.

And there are these, plus there are more choices in and around the Wembley area:

http://www.matchdayapp.com/a-guide-to-w ... ing-holes/
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I've felt sorry to watch the chaos that ensued following the very wise choice of change of venue... due to weather unpredictability. Seriously hoping that the financial losses won't be major or for many. Hoping that someone will hastily come to the rescue of the woman coming from Israel. Knowing that once all is sorted everyone will have a wonderful time.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Vicomte

Post by Vicomte »

Not sure lizzytysh, this is the third time we personally have been put out, it is galling and leaves a rather bitter taste in the mouth, not of LC of course but AEG, his Manager and the ticket stealers, sorry, sellers. Seems to me that it can be a case of first get the fans money and then worry about what might, or might not be later.

Some of the people have already said on here that they won't be buying tickets due to what has occurred but that won't worry the people making the profits, as there is sure to be another person who will buy, including us of course. It's the fans that suffer, always been the same but some groups/singers will make announcement as to their feelings, one can only hope that if LC says something about the debacle, he doesn't leave it just for those that attend Wembley but announces it a little more publicly.
I guess it all started for me sometime around Christmas 1967 and now, goodness me, it's.........2018 and over fifty years later.
No one ever listens to me. I might as well be a Leonard Cohen record.
Neil from The Young Ones
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

lizzytysh wrote:Hoping that someone will hastily come to the rescue of the woman coming from Israel. Knowing that once all is sorted everyone will have a wonderful time.
She's sorted Lizzy 8)

Wendy
kitten2407

Post by kitten2407 »

I'm a single mum with 4 children, living in Scotland. I gave up smoking, saved the money and bought a ticket, travel and accommodation, to see the most amazing poet perform live in the perfect setting.

Yesterday, like everybody else, I received an email to say oops, but we've decided to move the concert. The money I spent on travel and accommodation is NON REFUNDABLE !!! £200 wasted, the result is, I will have a very quiet weekend in Kent, on my own, no concert, because to be honest I wouldn't have bought a ticket for wembley if it had been there in the first instance. So I'm not going to throw good money after bad to get a seat where I will need a pair of binoculars to see Mr Cohen on the big screen. I can buy the DVD at a later date and enjoy it in the comfort of my own home.

Anybody know where is good for a quiet pint in Marden, Kent ?

Ruth
TipperaryAnn

Post by TipperaryAnn »

lizzytysh wrote:I've felt sorry to watch the chaos that ensued following the very wise choice of change of venue... due to weather unpredictability.
What?!! If this were the reason, all concerts before Paris would need to be moved to indoor venues.
(Certainly we in Ireland are hoping that this soggy Summer reforms before Sept. 11th. )
And who was it who chose all these outdoor venues in the first place? Not the ticket buyers...

As has been pointed out by several forum members on various threads the weather has nothing to do with this decision. As was said long ago in the Bible, " Money is the root of all evil".
Forget your perfect offering -
There is a crack in everything...
Padma

Post by Padma »

Ruth - I feel terrible for you...wish there was something that could be done...
1000-kissesdeep

Post by 1000-kissesdeep »

Hi Ruth, please personal message me your mobile number, I had booked kent accomodation and its such a lovely place it was worth going anyway (i'll be there saturday). I have arranged my ticket to be transfered to wembly with ticketmaster, can you not arrange for your ticket to be transfered? If you are on the train i could help with transport from kent to wembly on early sunday morning, but staying in london sun night. I am a new fan and love LC's work so much. I feel so sorry if you cant see him, and all the effort you put in to go :( Speak with your ticket provider! I have no idea what seating ill get even though i paid full price tickets for hopfarm. I was looking forward to such a lovely, open venue with the cafes and the afternoon to while away and meet other fans. I had purchased mats to sit on and waterproofs with warm clothing especially. I guess wembly is indoors? Never been there before. I thought the hop farm venue really suited LC and his fans, wembly is much different i agree, but i must see him so i changed my ticket, but as yet no confirmation so a little worried!
1000-kissesdeep

Ok, to everyone else, I was rather hoping to have a lesiurely afternoon meeting some of you at hop farm, please could you let me know if there is a group meeting up and at what time and where as i would so love to meet up. I guess there will be quite a few of us looking for food around 5pm? I have never been to wembly so have no idea what to expect. Is it indoor? and is it seated/standing tickets? how about cafes? Sincerely hoping to meet some fans. regards
sueandtony

Post by sueandtony »

Returned on Friday from a couple of days away (and it is August after all) to see the email from Eventim advising change of venue from the Hop Farm, to see also that the 24 hours we had to try and rebook had already expired. No decent ticketrs left, I am certainly not paying £95 to sit up where the air is thin and we won't even be able to see the screens, much less the stage. I don't know which is more disappointimg, to miss the concert or to realise that someone I have followed since the 1970's and always considered to be a person of some integrity could allow this to happen. And please don't anyone comment that it was probably not his decision, the responsibility stops with the man at the top. So it seems that, like so many others, he is money driven.................Very sad, but I guess that's the way of the world now.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

sueandtony wrote:Returned on Friday from a couple of days away (and it is August after all) to see the email from Eventim advising change of venue from the Hop Farm, to see also that the 24 hours we had to try and rebook had already expired.
There is no mention of any 24 hour limit in any of the 4 e-mails I received from Eventim. Both the Past Bookers and first 3 rows links still work - I just checked - and there are tickets available, including front row for both days, so tickets are still being held for Hop Farm ticket holders.

The only 24 hour limit I am aware of was for people who did not hold Hop Farm tickets but wanted to go to Wembley. They were given a 24 hour pre-sale to buy tickets via the Forum - nothing to do with the e-mails from Eventim.

Wendy
Last edited by Mabeanie1 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
1000-kissesdeep

I guess no one is meeting up then?
Padma

Post by Padma »

How about the Green Man for a meetup? Or we could find somewhere in central London and travel in. I'm not sure what the pubs/restaurants around Wembley are like.....
zodkavombie

Post by zodkavombie »

Green Man sounds like a good idea. Any idea of time?
I am hoping to go on 9th, will know for sure in the next couple of days
O2, 17th July and 13th November 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009, Barecelona 21 September 2009, Lille 25 September 2010, Las Vegas 10th and 11th December 2010, Wembley 9th September 2012, Paris 29th September 2012, O2 London 21st June, 15th September 2013.

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”