CONCERT REPORTS: Ghent, Aug 12, 14, 15, 17 & 18

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Annick

Re: CONCERT REPORTS: Ghent, Aug 12, 14, 15, 17 & 18

Post by Annick »

Here another press article found this morning <;oD

http://www.rtbf.be/classic21/article_af ... id=7824448

Annick
Silence
and a deeper silence
when the crickets
hesitate

06/1976 Nancy - 07/2008 Bruges - 10/2008 Bruxelles - 08/2009 Colmar - 08/2012 Ghent - 06/2013 Bruxelles
LHHUNTER

Post by LHHUNTER »

Equally annoying as people singing out of tune are the people who think they have the right to film the concert and post the images on you tube and this forum. At several shows my view has been obstructed by someone in front holding up a camera. These people shold be given one warning by the promoters and then thrown out if they continue. That would put a stop to it.
It would seem many forum members are guilty of this.
Harriet175

Post by Harriet175 »

Paivi, thank you for sharing your exceptional pictures, also the ones from the concert.
Specially the one where you are embracing each other is very sweet!
Looks like you were all having a good time there together...
...a tune in my soul
and my heart the shape of a begging bowl

2008: 25 jul Lörrach, 29 oct Frankfurt 2009: 1 jul Cologn 2010: 3 sept Wiesbaden, 19 sept Strasbourg, 29 sept Dortmund, 1 oct Stuttgart
2012: 5 sept Berlin 6 sept Mönchengladbach 29+30 sept Paris 2013: 25 jun Oberhausen, 28 jun Mannheim, 14 jul Hamburg, 24 aug Zürich
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

LHHUNTER wrote:Equally annoying as people singing out of tune are the people who think they have the right to film the concert and post the images on you tube and this forum. At several shows my view has been obstructed by someone in front holding up a camera. These people shold be given one warning by the promoters and then thrown out if they continue. That would put a stop to it.
I appreciate what you say from another patron's aspect.
I am one of the camera people you describe.
Once, when I was filming at an LC concert in Kansas City, the patron behind me asked me to stop. I did.
Next song, he changed his mind, told me to go ahead and please give him my youtube name.

I find there are many more cellphones being held up high during a performance than a camera held near one's chest.
The whole concept of permissible and non permissible recording devices is a mish mash.
I have attended concerts where cameras are not permitted, but cellphone recording is permitted.
Some cellphones, which a web guru recently said are really mini-computers, are more powerful than a point and shoot camera.
I don't get it.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Nessus Jr

Post by Nessus Jr »

I am one of those people with a camera and a cellphone, but will never block someone's view with them.
Some people buy T shirts and other things as a souvenir. I could afford just the one ticket so my souvenir
is to watch my pics and vids.

Someone sent me a link to a Belgian newspaper in which it was said all Ghent gigs were recorded
and all other concerts will too, for another dvd like Songs From The Road.
Hope I didn't whistled too hard ... ;-)

cheers
Marco
2008 Amsterdam
2012 Ghent
Cheshire gal

Post by Cheshire gal »

Pawel your photographs of the Concert are excellent. Thank you for posting them.
I especially liked the photos taken during the singing of 'The Partisan'.
'...and here's a man still working for your little smile' -Leonard Cohen
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nessus Jr

Post by Nessus Jr »

Photo 105 is beautiful, "a band of gypsies"

cheers,
Marco
2008 Amsterdam
2012 Ghent
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

sturgess66 wrote:Uploaded by glauxath - Thanks

Ghent - 8/15/12

Night Comes On - Sound Check
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9PEw414xVU
More video from glauxath

The Partisan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq17vLPDy4o

I Tried To Leave You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwll5XrYH24

Famous Blue Raincoat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xVBjFVhRU0

Save The Last Dance For Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y_m2BkrguY
TineDoes

Post by TineDoes »

bridger15 wrote:
holydove wrote:... I will add a little to my previous report anyway. . .
Rachel: Thank you for your outstanding concert reports.
It was a wonderful and moving account.

btw I sent you a pm about the two poems
---Arlene
Rachel thank you also for your great concert reports. Hope to be succesful in meeting you in Dublin soon.
Bridger thank you for the information about I can't Forget on your blogg.
"There’s no forsaking what you love ...."

Rotterdam 2008; Antwerpen, Dublin 2009; Gent 2x, Lille , Las Vegas 2x 2010, Gent, Amsterdam, Dublin 2x 2012, Antwerp, Berlin, Rotterdam 2013
Fanfan

Post by Fanfan »

IrishAL wrote:Amen from the second Concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k0hSdvlKcg

Albert
Albert, thank you again for your great videos, and I want to commend all members of this forum that I met in Ghent on 14 August to share this great moment of emotion. Albert, Inc., Jill, Marteen among other things, your kindness and enthusiasm made ​​this day even more exciting! I never write on this forum, my English is terrible, I do use Google translation. Yet I will read for a long time, but I am enrolled in spring 2012, but not with the intention to be a priority to buy tickets (I know I was about controversy in recent months), but c it's because I find this forum very attractive and dynamic. thank you all and I hope soon to Olympia for some!
Fanfan
:)
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

not sure anyone's posted this review (if one had, pls accept my apologies)
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/wee ... 63247.html
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Fanfan

Post by Fanfan »

yoeri wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtx-xTAkEIg

night comes on, soundcheck 14/8, gwenluvsmusic
Thanks very much Yoeri, we was here !!!!!
cohenadmirer

Post by cohenadmirer »

LHHUNTER wrote:Equally annoying as people singing out of tune are the people who think they have the right to film the concert and post the images on you tube and this forum. At several shows my view has been obstructed by someone in front holding up a camera. These people shold be given one warning by the promoters and then thrown out if they continue. That would put a stop to it.

ooh that's a wee bit harsh !

Clearly noone should obstruct anyone's view (though sometimes that happens just by virtue of the fact that the person in front may be big !)

I assume that since this forum has such close connections with leonard's management and contains lots of you tube links to audience videos this indicates that the management have a fairly laid back attitude to some of us trying to capture bits of the concerts. I'd be grateful for clarification on that

I've posted some video - and feel no gulit !

I'm extremely grateful to others who do the same especially Albert noonan!
Leonard's work resonates
Brighton 1979; Dublin , Manchester june 2008; glasgow, manchester Nov 2008; Liverpool july 2009 ; Barcelona Sept 2009 ;marseille, lille september2010: Ghent August 2012;Barcelona October 2012;Montreal x2 November 2012: 2013; Saint John NB April 2013; Brussels June 2013;Manchester August 2013; Leeds , Birmingham September 2013; Amsterdam September 2013
PandaElijah

Post by PandaElijah »

Päivi from Finland wrote:Quite speechless of the concert!!

We spent nice days in Ghent 16-19th Aug. The first evening in Ghent was wonderful, lovely to meet the band and Leonard himself! In 17th and 18th Aug we were in concert that made great impression for us. Thanks for Maarten of all arrengements!! Huge thanks for Leonard still singing f.ex. Miracle!!!

Here are few pictures during our stay in Ghent!
Hello Paivi,
Do you mind if I borrow your story! I was in Ghent exactly the same days, did the same gig! Met The Man! If you also go for a boat trip, then we are in the same boat so to speak! :):):) Great city, atmosphere and all! Would love to go back one day! )
Will post a picture once I learn how to do it! :)
There is a crack in everything.That's how the light gets in.

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”