Madrid meetup

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Xtineberg

Re: MADRID MEETUP LATEST NEWS!!!/ENCUENTRO EN MADRID!!!!!!!!

Post by Xtineberg »

Dear All!
I will be there! Christine ( Holland). This tour: Gent 2x, A'dam 2x , Paris 1x and Madrid.....
Rotterdam 2008, Melbourne 2009, Antwerpen 2009, Nimes 2009, Berlin 2010,Gent 2010, Dortmund 2010, Gent 2012 2x, Amsterdam 2012 2x, Paris ( Olympia!) 2012, Madrid 2012, Oberhausen 2013, Brussels 2013, Hamburg 2013, Rotterdam 2013, Amsterdam 2013.
Meet up Hydra 2011. Event Dublin 2014. Meet up Hydra 2015. Event Amsterdam 2016. Event Budapest 2018
dreamermusic

Re: MADRID MEETUP LATEST NEWS!!!/ENCUENTRO EN MADRID!!!!!!!!

Post by dreamermusic »

Xtineberg wrote:Dear All!
I will be there! Christine ( Holland). This tour: Gent 2x, A'dam 2x , Paris 1x and Madrid.....
Nice to hear from you Christine! I'll see you there at the meetup. Have a good journey to Madrid!.

Tomorrow I'll write a last post here to remember all of you the main things about the meetup.
-Madrid 1993 (standing up face to face to Leonard, leaning my arms upon the stage (no cams, no security line), my hands touched Cohen's feet!) (talked to Cohen for 20 minutes after concert!!!)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-Madrid 2012 (1st row centred facing Leonard!!)
-FOREVER
dreamermusic

LAST REMINDER FOR MADRID MEETUP /ÚLTIMO AVISO PARA MADRID!!!

Post by dreamermusic »

PLACE: CONVENCIÓN HOTEL**** where I myself and other forum members are staying, 300 metres away from the venue (Palacio de los Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid). The address is 53 O'Donell Street. (map attached)

SCHEDULE:

16:45 - 17:15 First meeting at Bar Terraza (the Hotel's Bar) to meet and know each other, have a coffee or whatever.
17:15 - 18:30 Meeting at the Private Meeting Room kindly offered by the Hotel's Director to play on guitar and sing Leonard Cohen songs all together and keep on talking. If you are late, please ask at the reception desk where the meeting room is to join us. I won't know it till the very moment.
18:30 - 18:45 Time to go to your room (if you stay at the hotel as some of us do) for the last preparations for the concert (going to the toilet, taking a coat, taking the camera...etc.)
18:45 - 18:50 Meeting at the hotel's reception desk to walk to the Venue (5 minutes) (Opening time 19:00) to have a drink inside, visit the merchandising shop and so on...
21:00 - 01:00 Enjoy our MAN and the CONCERT! :D

Please, bring some distinctive mark (a Cohen T-shirt, pin, ring, book, cd, or whatever...).
I'll be at the hotel at about 13:00. Obviously, I don't know the room number I'll be given. I'm 1'86 height, I wear glasses and I'll be wearing a black Unified Heart Order T-Shirt and an all-saints bracelete.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LUGAR: CONVENCIÓN HOTEL**** c/ O'Donell 53.

PROGRAMA:

16:45 - 17:15 Primer encuentro en el Bar Terraza (bar del hotel) para reunirnos y tomar un café o lo que sea.
17:15 - 18:30 Reunión en el salón privado del hotel amablemente ofrecido por el Sr. director del mismo para tocar la guitarra y cantar canciones de Cohen y seguir charlando. Si llegas tarde, por favor pregunta en recepción dónde está la sala para unirte a nosotros. Yo no lo sabré hasta el mismo momento.
18:30 - 18:45 Hora de ir a tu habitación (si te alojas en el hotel como algunos de nosotros haremos) para los últimos preparativos para el concierto(ir al baño, coger un abrigo o la cámara ...etc.)
18:45 - 18:50Reunión en la recepción del hotel para caminar hasta el Palacio de Deportes (5 minutos)(Apertura de puertas a las 19:00) para tomar algo dentro, visitar la tienda de merchandising... etc.
21:00 - 01:00 Disfruta de nuestro HOMBRE y del CONCIERTO! :D

Por favor, trae algo distintivo de Cohen (camiseta, pin o lo que sea...).
Yo llegaré al hotel sobre las 13:00. No se obviamente qué habitación tendré. Mido 1'86 y tengo gafas. Llevaré puesta una camiseta negra de la Orden de los Corazones Unificados de Cohen y una pulsera de todos los santos como la que lleva Cohen puesta.
Attachments
VENUE.jpg
-Madrid 1993 (standing up face to face to Leonard, leaning my arms upon the stage (no cams, no security line), my hands touched Cohen's feet!) (talked to Cohen for 20 minutes after concert!!!)
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
dreamermusic

Re: 1 LAST REMINDER FOR MADRID MEETUP /ÚLTIMO AVISO PARA MAD

Post by dreamermusic »

In case you are a little bit late: Today I've been writing to the Hotel Convencion's Director to arrange and confirm everything for tomorrow and I have just got an e-mail from him reporting me that our private meeting room will be the so called "SALÓN LA PAZ" ("THE PEACE" MEETING ROOM). Ask for it at the Reception desk.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Para los que lleguéis un poco tarde:Hoy he estado escribiéndome con el Director del Hotel Convención para ultimar y confirmar los preparativos para mañana y acabo de recibir un e-mail suyo informándome de que el salón privado del hotel que nos ha reservado para la reunión de los miembros del foro de Cohen se llama SALON LA PAZ. Preguntad por él en recepción.
-Lisbon 2009 (1st row!!)
-FOREVER
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Madrid meetup

Post by jarkko »

I have merged all three Madrid meetup threads into one.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
HelenD

Re: Madrid meetup

Post by HelenD »

Thanks to Daniel (Dreamermusic) for organising the Madrid meet-up. It was nice to speak to likeminded people and put some faces to names.

Of course, the concert was amazing but did we expect anything else!

Looking forward to the next one - hopefully in the UK next year.

Helen

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”