Meet ups in Berlin?

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Mabeanie1

Re: Meet ups in Berlin?

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Goldin wrote: And surely I'm planning to find this mythical store mentioned in the great Finnish epos: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32194 8)
Does anyone know exactly where the store is? My son looked for me when he was Berlin a few weeks ago but he couldn't find anything.

Wendy
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

wendy,

i walked along Unter den Linden today, checking up on the souvenir stores.
i'm not sure i found jarkko's particular shop, but i did find a place where they sell the fwtmtwtb items:
bags(20€), cups(5€) and shirts(15-20€).

the shop is located at Unter den Linden, right left (is that correct? :?: - i mean: on the left hand's side of) madame tussauds.

greetings
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Thanks Maulwurf.

W
yoeri

Post by yoeri »

Is there going to be a curfew in berlin? Still a bit surprised about curfews but it seems to be in every city so als berlin?
2008: Athens
2009: Madrid
2010: Gent, Lille
2012: Gent, Berlin, Madrid
2013: Antwerp, Brussels, Pula, Amsterdam
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf »

i think so, yoeri.

the concert in 2010 started a little earlier than the usual 8pm.
maybe 10.30pm/11pm?
i'm not sure
Apolinary

Post by Apolinary »

Hello,
Does the meetup in Schleusenkrug remain relevant? Can I bring a guitar there? We could sing something. :)
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
audcal

Post by audcal »

Hi Berliners, I wondered if anyone can tell me whether it is possible to get food/beer inside the venue? We would love to meet up before but our flights arrive late in the afternoon (4.30 at schonefeld) so I do not think this will be possible and am thinking that maybe it would be best to head straight to the venue. Any advice welcome (we are staying at the marriott potsdamer plaza)

Any post concert meetups planned.......

Dublin x 2 08, The Big Chill 08, London 08, Liverpool 09, Dublin 09, Sligo 10, Berlin 12( I cant wait!).
Hartmut

AW: Meet ups in Berlin?

Post by Hartmut »

They usually sell beverages and some food inside the Waldbühne.
audcal

Post by audcal »

Thanks Hartmut thats really good to know.
A
Dublin x 2 08, The Big Chill 08, London 08, Liverpool 09, Dublin 09, Sligo 10, Berlin 12( I cant wait!).
Caren

Post by Caren »

@ Apolinary - there is no problem bringing a guitar to the pre meetup. It's an outdoor beergarden so singing should be ok. Not sure about taking a guitar into the venue though.

We are looking forward to seeing you all at the pre concert meetup at the Schleusenkrug, see post above.

And for everyone who feels like having a nice drink and a chat after the gig:

There is a traditional Berlin Kneipe (pub) where we can meet after the gig - the Zwiebelfisch which is open every night until 6 am 8)

It can easily be reached after the gig because the stop is on the overground (S Bahn) coming from the venue. Get out at Savignyplatz and here is the link and map

http://www.berlin.de/restaurants/164696 ... fisch.html

Btw, a dear friend cannot go to the concert and all of a sudden we have a spare ticket for row 5, seat # 17. Face value or below. Let me know if you are interested.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Caren

Post by Caren »

Someone asked about a curfew. Actually there is quite a strict curfew at the Waldbuehne. It usually says 22.00 and can be prolonged until 22.30 in some cases. I was at a gig there in June and at 23.00 hours some grim looking officials in dark uniforms stood by the side of the stage and the artist hastily ended his performance. Whereas Berlin is a very liberal pro arts and music oriented city the housing around the Waldbuehne is very posh and the people living there fought for a strict curfew at the city's courts and won.
1990s Berlin 2008:Amsterdam-Berlin-Hamburg-London RAH 2009:Berlin-Barcelona 2010:Odense-Berlin-Gent x3 -Wiesbaden-Marseille-Hannover-Las Vegas x2 2012:Gent x5 -Amsterdam x2 -Berlin-London-Verona-Toulon-Paris x2 -Barcelona 2013:Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Apologies if I've missed something but do we have a start time for the Berlin concert?

Wendy
Heike

Post by Heike »

Hi Wendy,

As far as I know, the concert starts at 19:30.
Doors open at 17:30.

Best wishes,
Heike
2008: Lörrach/Berlin/Frankfurt/Oberhausen/Manchester
2009: Cologne/Dublin/Barcelona
2010: Berlin/Wiesbaden/Lisboa/Dortmund/Stuttgart/Warszawa
2012: Ghent, August 12/Berlin/Lisboa
2013: Oberhausen/Berlin
Hanna

Post by Hanna »

I will arrive in Berlin too late to join you at Schleusenkrug, so I will be happy to meet some of you just before the show by Glockenturm at 6.30pm. :D
"I love your body and your spirit and your clothes"

Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa 20.03.1985 | Wroclaw, Hala Stulecia 29.09.2008 | Katowice, Spodek 04.10.2010 | Berlin, Waldbühne 5.09.2012 | Berlin o2 World 17.07.2013 | Prague o2 Arena 21.07.2013
Apolinary

Post by Apolinary »

So dissapointed that I couldn't make it to the meet-up... To many plans for one day and very bad luck - we were even late to the concert. :(
See you guys next time!
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”