PARIS meet up?

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
LC&LC

Re: PARIS meet up?

Post by LC&LC »

sure Gilly, will do!

I also wanted to offer those attending Sunday 12th or Saturday 18th concerts in Gent to bring them some rather user friendly maps of Paris that the Galeries Lafayette often give to visitors (it's a map of the City with the main touristic attractions, that way you could prepare your stay in Paris)
if some of you are interested, I'll go and get a few maps at Galeries Lafayette, just let me know ;-)
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Please include me for the Sunday pre- and post-show meet ups. Cheap and cheerful suits me. Looking forward to it.

All best,
Bruno
...like one who believes
DerekH

Post by DerekH »

Hi

Please count me in for the meet ups on Saturday 29/9 and Sunday 30/9. Thank you for your efforts to find a venue.
1972 : Royal Albert Hall, London.
2008 : O2, London X 2, Brighton.
2009 : Weybridge.
2012 : L'Olympia, Paris X 2.
2013 : June O2, London
basecamp

Post by basecamp »

Please count me and Caren on the meet ups of 28th & 29 th! Looking forward to meeting everyone. CU!
- Hans
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

HEEEELP!
Was just checking my Paris hotel booking and read the last 3 reviews written since June - the hotel has now become very dirty and mice have been seen in rooms and corridors...........
So, I need to cancel, and find somewhere else quickly.
Any suggestions, please, that I can try?
Thanks - Gilly.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

hi everyone!
Just spoke to the manager of the place Judy had found for our pre and post concert meet ups, but now I need your advise/opinion:

that place (Kitty O'Sheas is an Irish pub http://www.kittyosheas.com/kitty_paris.asp), they have a room 'upstairs' that is booked for us, but with regards to food, they don't really do 'buffet' style like they told me when I visited, but all they do finger food (sandwiches and that's about it)
they offer 3 different kinds of 'sandwiches buffet'; obviously, the more expensive, the more there is to eat: 6 euros, 8 euros or 12 euros (12 euros includes desserts such as chocolate brownies or cheesecake), drinks not included
Lizzy, they can accommodate us vegetarians (I just have to let them know how many of us are)

the other option would be the Amercian dream (which I haven't booked) www.american-dream.fr, when I visited a couple of months ago, they said we could order food from their card , ie no set menu- but someone said the reviews weren't so good

both locations are within 200 meters of the Olympia Hall.

So, could you please let me know which you would rather go to

that's for the pre and post meet ups...

now, Maarten is having some lanyards prepared for the Paris shows (I really can't take any credit for those, he's doing everything, therefore they'll be perfect) but I'm taking care of the name tags. Could you please be kind enough as to PM me the names you would like to have written on the badges, where you're from and ideally your email address to - (for eg, I have quite a few XXX's husband, XXX's partner etc... and don't know how they would like to be ''labelled''
I have to let either place now by Sept 20th how many of us will be there....

Would any of you be interested in having a brunch on Sunday then a walk along the river banks, through the Marais to Bastille? the place I have in mind has a 26 euros brunch menu (but one can order only a croissant and a cafe au lait), just a walk, not a guided tour unless you would like me to look into that...
Alternatively, I've heard of 'gastronomic tours of Paris', but that wouldn't be for Sunday, if you would like to have a look at these kind of tours, here's a link http://en.meetingthefrench.com/category ... =12&texte=

looking forward to hearing from you all, in the meantime, if you're on LC track, enjoy the shows (I know you will)
take care,
Christelle
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
stackridge

Post by stackridge »

Please count me and my wife in for pre-gig meet up and food on the Saturday in Paris. Thank you. Thank goodness we did not book for Hop Farm !!
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

Hi Christelle,
Please count me and my husband in for the meet ups Pre and post on Friday the 28. Also the meet ups on Sunday evening. I am not particular about locations, but if you are asking....the Irish Pub gets my vote. We are both vegetarians too, but as long as we can get a little bread and wine we are fine-well maybe a little butter too!!
Yes on the Sunday morning walk and brunch.
Barbar

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
Francy

Post by Francy »

Sounds great !!!

We'll be there too :-D

A bientôt chère Christelle!
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

Walk and brunch on Sunday sounds great. We're staying in the Marais - but not familiar with the area. Please keep me posted!
StBruno

Post by StBruno »

Hi Christelle

I don't get in to Gare du Nord till around 13:00 on Sunday so I may be a bit late for brunch? For the late afternoon/evening the 'Irish pub' sounds fine.

All best,
Bruno
...like one who believes
Dirk

Post by Dirk »

I would like to join the Saturdays Pre- and maybe Post-concert bash. Where and when does it happen. I am a bit confused following the posts.
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Bonjour chers Cohenites!

You will find below the details of our meet ups in Paris

Friday 28th and Saturday 29th September
from 17h30: meet up

Sandwiches buffet and desserts (€12.00/person ; drinks excluded) at

Kitty O’Sheas ‘upstairs room’ booked for our private use - http://www.kittyosheas.com/paris.asp
10 rue des Capucines Paris 1 – just a few meters from the Olympia (metro Opera or Madeleine)
map kitty o sheas and olympia.JPG

Leave the Kitty O’Sheas around 19h15 to the Olympia – highlighted in pink on the map above(26 boulevard des Capucines)

And back there after the concerts for some drinks.

Sunday 30th September

12h00 for those who registered
(Barbara/Hydrogal and her husband, Curt & Joan/it’s4inthemorning, Mordy & Partner and myself) Brunch at
les Editeurs table booked under ‘Cohen’ – I hope HE won’t mind
4 Carrefour de l’Odéon Paris 6 – metro or bus stop Odéon

http://www.lesediteurs.fr/
English menu http://www.lesediteurs.fr/carteencours_ANG.pdf
map les editeurs.JPG

***** If you haven’t told me you would like to join us for brunch, there is still possibility for you to attend, but please let me know so that I can amend the booking*****

circa 14h00 leave the Editeurs for a walk along the river Seine, through the Marais to Bastille (around 1hr/1.5hrs walk) from there, either we take the bus to the Kitty O’Sheas or back to your accommodation for a quick freshen up

from 17h00 Kitty O’Sheas – upstairs room

NB Sunday’s concert starts at 19h00, therefore we’ll leave the Kitty O’Sheas circa 18h15

And back at the Kitty O’Sheas after the concert for some drinks

Attached is the link to our Paris transportation system http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_30589/menu-annexe/
Please remember to buy tickets by the ‘’carnet’’ (10 tickets) that’s less expensive than buying them 1 by 1 (€12,70 for a carnet or €1,70 per ticket)there are also 1 day tickets and 1 day tickets + museum entrance, all to be found on the ratp website above.
sorry for the poor quality of the maps, I'll send those information by email to those who have provided me with their address before the end of the week.
As always, please feel free to contact me for any further information
in the meantime, I look forward to seeing you (some in London and Verona)
xoxo
Christelle
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

Thank you Christelle, it all looks and sounds wonderful.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

Hi Christelle

Can you include myself and my husband Albert for the post concert drinks on the 29th and 30th.
Thank you.

Mar
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”