PARIS meet up?

Concert reports, set lists, reviews, photos and You Tube links. Fan meet-ups before and after the concerts.
Fil

Re: PARIS meet up?

Post by Fil »

Hello,

I'm going to the saturday show. I've never been in the Olympia before, and I think I couldn't dream better occasion !
I'll be in Paris for the week-end, and will be pleased to join the meet-up, before, or after the show.

See you

Philippe
2008 : Lyon July 9 / 2009 : Vienne August 18 ; Las Vegas November 12 ; San José November 13 / 2010 : Grenoble September 17 / 2012 : Paris September 29
http://sites.google.com/site/traduireleonardcohen/
BrokenBanjo

Post by BrokenBanjo »

I'd be very happy to join the pre-concert Saturday bash! :D
Last edited by BrokenBanjo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belfast: 26th July, 2009, Paris: 29th September, 2012
Looking forward to Birmingham, 8th September, 2013.
yochanan

Post by yochanan »

I'm interested in 2 ticket to the show in Paris Sept. 28-30.

Does anyone sell ?

Thanks

Yochanan
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear yochanan ~

I'm not saying that you must delete your posting here, as there may be someone who isn't paying attention to the other thread anymore. However, Jarkko and Marie set aside a thread specifically for buying/selling tickets at cost in both sections [Europe and North American]. This is the link for the one for Europe. You'll stand a much better chance if you put your request there. Best wishes in obtaining two tickets.

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31751&start=105

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
stackridge

Post by stackridge »

I think they have released more tickets for Eurostar London-Paris today (19th) I booked outward the other day and booked the return this morning, i think it is 17.21 from Paris on the Sunday. Hope to meet Barbara who tried her best to help me on the ticket front, Doug
stackridge

Post by stackridge »

Don't want to put a dampener on things but that American Dream place has some really terrible reviews via google, crikey !!! Doug
Hydrogal

Post by Hydrogal »

stackridge wrote:I think they have released more tickets for Eurostar London-Paris today (19th) I booked outward the other day and booked the return this morning, i think it is 17.21 from Paris on the Sunday. Hope to meet Barbara who tried her best to help me on the ticket front, Doug
Hello Doug, I finally received my tickets. They ended up back in France after a short visit to the US. Incomplete address -- no Postal Code. Anyway, the most helpful customer service agent who had been assisting me all along emailed me that she had them in hand again. She resent them and they arrived promptly in my mailbox. Whew! See you in Paris! (I love saying that!!)
Barbara
we are so lightly here
it is in love that we are born--in love we disappear

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

@ Stackridge: it's difficult to find a cheap and nice place nearby the Olympia that's willing to privatise a part of their space for us on a Friday/Saturday/Sunday.

I keep looking for an alternative venue but would tend to favor a cheap place (some people will be joining us on the 3 nights even though they couldn't afford tickets for the 3 shows) compared to a proper French restaurant (not talking about gastronomic restaurant). I also think that quite a lot of us will eat lightly and drink more heavily (especially on Sunday, the concert starts at 19h00).

for eg, the Harry's bar wouldn't let us have their room, the Hyatt Vendome or the W are far too expensie, we would have to pay for the privatisation of the room...

to all attending the Paris meet ups, please let me have your thoughts (I might be wrong, wouldn't be the 1st time) or if you're fine with having to take the tube to and from the Olympia... I'm lost!
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

As for me, I look forward to meeting and getting to know everyone. The private room--close to the Olympia seems perfect. On this particular occasion the food is less important. That is my humble opinion. :-)

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

Verona 2012, Paris 2012, Detroit 2012, Boston 2012, Miami 2013, New Orleans 2013
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

Personally, the nearer the Olympia the better; American Dream or Harry's Bar -or similar. People may have to grab a bite to eat late afternoon then meet up 5.30 - 6pm for drinks and chat.
Much depends on numbers; if we're only a small/smallish group then we could just 'arrive' at a bar and sit inside or outside. It will be early evening, so bars should not be too busy.

LC&LC, is it worth doing a count-up to see just how many people we are talking about on each night?
Have just found Le Grand Cafe which is nearby; expensive menu but a starter or cheese platter might be sufficient.
Also, if some wished to meet earlier to eat, there's Le Roi du Pot au Feu.
Gilly.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

When you do your count, count me in for all 3 nights [even though I'm going to only the final concert in Paris.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
LC&LC

Post by LC&LC »

Hi dear members

I was about to pop into another place that Judy has found, 100 meters from the Olympia, that could let us use their private room and organise for a budget dinner starting from a very very (very) reasonable price.
the thing is I only have very limited confirmation of attendance (only 17 people attending pre concert meet up on Saturday 29?)

I will wait for a couple of days before I go to that place and confirm our meet ups, so can you please be kind enough as to advise if you would attend the pre or post event on Friday 28th. Saturday 29th and/or Sunday 30th September?.

Gilly, with regards to le Grand Cafe, it's a bit posh, they would charge us for the private room, I think it's over-budget for quite a few members.

looking forward to receiving your confirmation of attendance (and counting days till Gent, only 10 days to go :D )
Christelle
2009: Paris, Nimes, Barcelona, 2010: Caen, Strasbourg, Marseille, Tours, Lille, Las Vegas, 2012: Ghent x2, London, Verona, Paris x3, Barcelona, Madrid, NYC, Brooklyn, 2013: NYCx2, Paris, London, Brussels, Rome, Lucca, Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Pula, Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney Opera House
its4inthemorning

Post by its4inthemorning »

In for 2 for Sept 28 pre and/or post concert dinner/event that you plan, thanks so much for arranging!

Curt
2010 DECEMBER 10 - CAESARS COLOSSEUM, LAS VEGAS / 2012 SEPTEMBER 28 - L'OLYMPIA, PARIS
2012 OCTOBER 3 - PALAU SANT JORDI, BARCELONA / 2012 DECEMBER 13 - K-ROCK CENTRE, KINGSTON
2013 APRIL 6 - RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL, NEW YORK CITY / 2013 JULY 9 - PIAZZA NAPOLEONE, LUCCA
2017 NOVEMBER 4-8 - MONTREAL "TOWER OF SONG" CELEBRATION - RIP, YOU GOT ME SINGING!
Hydrogal

PARIS meet up?

Post by Hydrogal »

Bonjour Christelle,
Please count me and my husband for the evening of 28 & 29. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Barbara
Barbara
we are so lightly here

gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

Christelle, please include me in your numbers for pre and post concerts on the Friday and Saturday. Thanks!
Gilly.
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham

Return to “EUROPE 2012 / CONCERT REPORTS & MEET-UPS”